Guardian of Destiny

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Laretheo, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Laretheo

Laretheo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

wylwrk likes this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

sorry, I don't have a account with dropbox.

:(
  3. Laretheo

Laretheo Active Member

sorry thought anyone that was anyone had dropbox lol no worries i'll post a chapter a week :)
  4. Laretheo

Laretheo Active Member

Guardians of Destiny
    Rise of Orthadox
    Written by Chris Gibson©
    Page 1
    Prelude

Coming from his bed chambers, walking ever so slowly, eyes barely open, Lord Orthadox is headed for his counsel room. He has called his loyal servants here because yesterday his master, Golaph,tired of being trapped in the abyss of hell wants his freedom. Golaph told Lord Orthadox of a plan to free him from the abyss. But to do
    what his master wants he must take over the whole kingdom. His prophets speak of the return of his master as a grave and daring risk to his own safety.

Lord Orthadoxs prophets have told him that when Golaph returns eight people from the kingdom being ancient blood descendants to the druids that banished him last time will be awoken with their powers and try to stop you from completing your task. And in doing so will bring not only Golaphs end but yours as well. So today he has called upon his loyal and most trusted servants to help him devise a plan of action that will ensure his survival as well as Golaphs. Lord Orthadox opening the door to the counsel room looks around the room, his eyes catching each one of his servants attention with wide open pride and gratitude for everyone that has come to this meeting. They chant in unison Hail Lord Orthadox Ruler of the Kingdom of Valor. He takes his seat at the head of the table and starts to tell them what his prophets shared with him earlier that day. Some of them are looking confused, but with a wave of his hands and a speech of confidence he begins. Today marks the day of action my friends. We are to bring my master and your supreme ruler Golaph into the kingdom. But to do so we must conquer the whole kingdom; including towns, cities and
    the Castle of King Validor. One servant looking at his lord candidly speaks up how are we to do this my lord we've been beaten back countless times by King Validor
    s armies. Lord Orthadox concentrating on his speech snaps his neck towards the servant why are you asking me something I have yet to explain, be quiet till I
    m finished or I'll have your head. I have a plan but first let me explain to you what was told to me by my prophets yesterday. Straightening up in his chair, and drinking some wine Lord Orthadox clears his throat and lays out the details of what his prophets told him. There is a legend long ago when Golaph was ruler of the kingdom eight ancient druids with four virtues and four elements banished him from our world into the abyss of hell for which he's been imprisoned for nearly two thousand years.
    He didn't stand a chance against these druids because there energy was pure and powerful when they were together, but separately they were no match against him.
    It was also written that Golaph would once again be free and rule this land again but that eight descendants of those same druids would rise up and defeat him, only
    this time vanquishing him and sending me to the abyss of hell where he is now. Everyone around the room gasps at what the their lord has said and start talking amongst themselves. Jonas the Hobgoblin King mumbles under his breath "Hmmm if we fail Skulliron will fall and I'll be head of this rag style bunch of misfits hehehehe." Lord Orthadox stands up to get everyones attention again.

So my friends to stop this from happening we must capture and control everything and everyone in our path towards victory. That would ensure we succeed in bringing back Golaph and no one would stand in his way of ruling this world. Also in order for us to bring him into the world I must channel all my powers to bring him back, but to do this I must absorb the magical energy of every wizard and mage we come across using this special medallion. With this I'll have enough energy to summon the gates of hell to open and free our true leader and ruler Golaph. Everyone around the room looking at their lord as he tells them his plan of victory await his command as to what their role in his plan is. Each servant has their place in Lord Orthadox's army.

General Skulliron

He was a skilful and ruthless tyrant before his untimely death years ago but with Lord Orthadox wanting someone he could control and be just as evil as him decided to give him life again. Skulliron was reborn on the top of skull hill where there was a great battle between the southern Kingdom of Volga and the Kingdom of Valour. Lord Orthadox channelling his magic thru his medallion raised Skulliron from the ground and turned his bones into iron making him the perfect tool to lead his army. He has the ability to create soldiers by just touching there dead bodies.

Hobgoblin King Jonas

He and his band of misfits were discovered as merely scavengers picking on the local towns folk. Lord Orthadox promised riches and powers beyond Jonas's dreams if he joined with him. But to his surprise by making this deal he and his misfits were transformed into goblins and hobgoblins. He was given the power to transform into anyone he wants to by drinking their blood. And with a few witches and wizards with increased knowledge and abilities to do what Lord Orthadox commands. An evil wizard stands up to get noticed and the attention of all, My lord I have an idea to gather more reinforcements for our battles to come. We must first conquer the earth and water towns of Angel Falls and The Amazon Tribe. I've heard that they are most knowledgeable in magic and can supply you with a boost of magic energy to absorb into your medallion.

Lord Orthadox his eyes wide open and glowing in anticipation with what the wizard has just said is thinking that being of magic towns they could possibly harbor a couple of the eight people that the prophets talked about. Ok very good idea but how would that bring us reinforcements? We already have an unlimited supply of
    undead soldiers lead by Skulliron. How would absorbing there magic give us that extra edge that we need? Well my lord once they are drained of their energy I've heard that there elemental powers come full force and are easier to control when they are mindless elementals. Thus we would have a force of water and earth elementals at our command. If we combine those elementals with our force of summoned demons we would have no trouble in conquering the surrounding areas. The claps and cheers around the room give the wizard gratitude for his idea. Lord Orthadox stands up to get the attention once more of his friends, raises his hand high with sparkling eyes and a huge grin he himself applauds his servant saying. So we are in agreement Angel Falls and The Amazon Tribe is our first targets. Skulliron: I want you to lead the attack on The Amazon Tribe first. They are a strong group of women. Jonas you disguise yourself as a young girl wanting to join them, find out what type of an army they have, warrior's, magic. I'll give you one week to accomplish this task for I'm sure you'll have to pass some tests to join them. Come back and report their numbers to Skulliron. He should be close to the tribe by then just on the outskirts of their village. The witches and I will be a day behind your assault on them. Don't fail me on this mission. Skulliron capture and hold those that surrender, once you're done we should be there to finish them off. Everyone get some sleep and come tomorrow our plan will begin to take effect. With this said Jonas heads to his camp outside of the stronghold to relay the mission and importance of his role to his fellow goblins and hobgoblins. Ok friends this is the situation at hand, I alone will go to the amazon tribe and infiltrate their ranks. Then return a week later to Skulliron and then they will attack them. After all that I'm not sure what we are doing or will be doing during this campaign to take over the kingdom. A young hobgoblin stepping forward asks his king, Sir what is going on why now we attack, granted I'm always up for attacking or pillaging something but what purpose are we fighting for? The goblins around the young one hiss and curse him and push him to the back of everyone for even asking such a dastardly question. Jonas shunned by the young goblins question bows his head and nevertheless replies. "We are fighting to help Lord Orthadox bring his master Golaph back from the abyss, if he fails to do so he will be trapped in the abyss himself and Golaph dead." Gasps and awes thru out the crowd for they have heard of this Golaph from long ago. Some talk about him as if they would be afraid of him
    coming back. But most won't mind putting their life on the line as long as there is something in it for them. Jonas understanding there concern being they were promised riches when joining Lord Orthadox and nothing so far has been fulfilled on that bargain so far. But tomorrow Jonas leaves to start the beginning of what all are
    confident of victory, so tonight they celebrate for their king and for their lord, Lord Orthadox.