Guild Meeting Details and Feedback Thread 9-30-12

Discussion in 'Adventure Time [A^T]' started by Blaise, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail all Adventure Time and UO:Renaissance players,
    Still battling the hangover from last night's guild party, I will do my best to recall the details and share them here for those who could not attend or may have forgotten what was discussed.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their patience waiting for me. Next time I promise to set an alarm on my phone so I don't get distracted by pesky RL. The turn-out was awesome. I was hoping for half a dozen or more, but 10 members arrived NOT including the three members of Leadership. I'm sure Les and Avery were beaming with as much pride as I at the site of so many friendly faces in one place. I know we haven't been the most active in groups here lately, but that's changing as of last night. We have all had our own desires in mind since Beta, getting trained, getting ready for land rush, etc etc. Now that we're mostly settled in and have some decent templates to work with, we can field that much more. I look forward to dying with all of you.
    [​IMG]

Now for the boring stuff, topics discussed in the meeting (that can be public knowledge).
    Counsellors: I have never wanted a rank system in Adventure Time. I stated from the start that I want three members of leadership, Avery, Les and I. I guess I like a bit of democracy, but really I guess I'm a bit of a communist. Not that I have a problem with personal wealth or a bit of hoarding, but you know I'm all about sharing and holding very little sacred, when it comes to items and loot. There I go rambling again so on to the point. Something Les and I had chatted about briefly, and I blindsided Avery with at the guild meeting, are counsellors. Players in the guild that have grown to a level they consider safe to provide guidance and assistance to the newer players in the guild. Granted, most are pretty well along already but there's always new players coming to shards. If you so desire, let any member of leadership know which character you would like to be a counsellor with and we will set an appropriate title to suit. The exact title has yet to be determined but it should be obvious that you are a helper of those less fortunate. :) Going with the communist/hippie roots, all suggestions are welcome and appreciated as for titles and potentially best practices for such a role within the guild. There are several who I might point out for such a role, but I will leave it to their will to bring them forward. ;)

Business: Society of Traders has been roaming quite a bit and traffic I think may have slowed at the villa, with the opening of lands around the Britain Moongate. As such, the twin sandstone patios due NE of the Britain Moongate have been opened up to S^T for use as a vendor mall. Once the Vendor Replace bug is patched, movement will be easier and we can establish a good advertising thread with all the inventory detailed as best we can. I've stated that I will handle magic weapon and armor vendors on the mall site, but please give me at least a few days or so to get on that. This is going to be a hell-week for me at work.

Housing: We split pretty fast from TMapping last night, but the guild needs roughly 280,000 gold to establish the training tower. There's no terrible rush here, but it will be nice to get this established so I'm going to encourage more group hunting towards that end and donate the small handful of L4 and up maps that I've got on hand. If anyone in the guild is in need of housing, please let someone in leadership know and we will see what can be done to get a roof over thine head.

Factions: While we didn't talk about it much, the faction play after the guild meeting was most fun. Having most of the sigils already in Britain, Minax and some Shadowlord came out to play. After routing Minax from Lord British's castle, they came back and bagged some sigils and the fight continued near their stronghold. Many thanks to all who took part, even outside the guild. Faction Time is great fun. If you're into PvP, this is the place to be. Thanks to the other factions as well. It wouldn't be possible without you all. :)

Naturalists: I touched on this briefly, and have decided the title (unless someone comes up with something better) for characters that will not use any training macros or other automated means to gain skill or stats in UO. The amount of characters you build to suit this style is entirely up to you, but I will only have one. I created him last night, named Sturm. He's going to be a swordsman tailor, much like my original warrior on OSI. I will be playing with no light level filter (not that it's truly working right here yet) and trying to do as much as possible with UO hotkeys, not Razor. The entire point of this is to play the game as designed, with a party. Having a group of players with good skill diversity that compliment each other would be great. No handouts from your wealthy macro-built characters, no freebies and no afk training. This is on an honor system and I would prefer everyone to use the [publicchar command in game to keep that information open to anyone interested. The title Naturalist will be appointed all those in the guild who choose this path, so as to be clear to those not in line, to not interfere in ways that could be considered catering. :) A res here and there or a gate maybe, but really that's pushing it.

Other stuff I forgot: Maybe after coffee I'll remember

If you have anything to add, feedback to give, pictures to post from the day, please do so in this thread.

Hail Adventure Time!!!
  2. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

I love how it says Avery is pro right above my head :lol:
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Heh, I have two screenshots from this moment in time and this was clearly the pro option. :)
  4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I'd like to point out that Ganyon didn't stay behind afterwards to clean up after his mount >.<
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Damn that looks like it was a ton of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it guys but I was too busy this weekend to even check the forums. Yesterday morning my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl so I am an uncle for the first time!! :mrgreen:

While I don't want a special title or anything like that, I will gladly offer mentoring and council to any members, best way to reach me is via private message.

While I normally raise my skills the 'natural' way I did not do so for the stats of my characters so I will gladly start a new naturalist. (But due to an increasingly busy school and work schedule it will probably take forever to get him/her battle ready).

Firstly I must earn 44k to free darkwing's small that he is saving for me. After that I will start working on the guild funds.

Hopefully I can make the next get together, ale is on me ;)
  6. cmerolon

cmerolon Member

Time to set one up again
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The soonest I could host one is the afternoon of the 18th. Les is without power for some days due to Super-Storm. :p
    I'll ask around some more in the IRC channel what times would work good for most.

Thanks