Guild Rankings

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Fizban, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Fizban

Fizban New Member

Where I come from you can rank certain members of your guild to Emissary so they can recruit members without me being online. How do I do that here?
    Also, how do I set my other character as leader of the guild?
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Complicated: Right now, for being a GM you need the majority of votes. So if you have a small active guild, you can change the GM pretty fast. Let the majority of your members vote for the other toon.

I think every member can propose membership for new players to the guild stone. Then that guy is put on a list. The GM has to log in and accept or deny that request of joining.
    newme likes this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Paladine.....errrrr....Fizban.

For starters, those options do not currently exist here as they did in later eras, yet. Telamon has been working on a guild stone and alliance system for 3.5 years now and it's coming Soon (tm).

When that is in place, I assure you, it will be fucking sweet. I've seen some scraps of it and in his usual fashion, he's trying to perfect it by polishing what was done on OSI with his attention to detail and player needs in the current landscape.

For now, anyone in your guild can Recruit another member but they are just vetting them for the GM to approve later. Every guild member has the option on the stone (this is how you can add members on the same account as well, just have an alt 'recruit' them, then approve later).

If you want to change who is the GM, there are two options. If you resign from the guild, the longest standing member remaining in the guild will be made GM.
    If you want to ensure a specific character becomes the GM, have a majority (more than 50%) of your guild members go to the stone and declare fealty to the intended new GM. After 24 hours, the game will automatically shift the status to the member with the highest fealty rating. Or, once they have a fealty marjority, I believe you can resign the GM and they will assume the role.

Good luck out there.
    newme and BlackEye like this.
  4. Fizban

Fizban New Member

Thanks guy!
    As much as I love this era I really don't see the point of using guild stones. Let's just use the Guild menu from the paperdoll.
    It's so much easier to keep it all organized. You can also see who's online in your guild with the click of a button
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

With the recent increase in population, the guild changes will be a huge deal.
    newme likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It's called Nostalgia. Personally, bringing prospective members to the guild hall and having them engage directly with the stone, is a time-honored tradition.
    Could I play without it? Sure. Would I be remiss if it were not there? Absolutely.

I appreciate the attention to detail Telamon is putting into the guild system, despite my gripes over how many years I've been waiting for it while so many other hype trains have come and gone.
    BetaMovement, newme and Vlar like this.
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Guildstone love:
    Stormhold guildstone.png
    BetaMovement, Random, newme and 3 others like this.
  8. Mimic

Mimic Member

wow that guild stone looks fugnbadass
    Fizban likes this.
  9. Soulmate

Soulmate New Member

I remember guildstones,actually remember the first time I was guilded way back 1999..
    I like that you have that feature here.... Not that I have played yet...
    newme likes this.
  10. PaddyOBrien

We need to start a movement to request that @Chris puts the guildstone changes on the front burner as we've waited patiently for it :D Who's with me!??!
    ebola, One and xXx like this.
  11. xXx

xXx Active Member

I believe it already is. He said it is coming next patch for sure.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Hmm, what have we done for Chris lately?

newme likes this.
  13. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I agree with Blaise on this one Guild stones where a big part of UO for many years. Back in the day, many role playing guilds' would have new guild members "kiss the stone" as part of the initiation ceremony. Sort of in kin to kissing the ring of the King.

There are certain things that just "feel like UO" The guild functions on the paperdoll really don't.

thanks for posting.

:)

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC
    Soulmate and wylwrk like this.
  14. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

I've never played UO when guildstones didn't exist. That seems weird to me! Hopefully we can keep them in some capacity.
    Soulmate and wylwrk like this.
  15. PaddyOBrien

When I quit OSI I think it was just beginning with the guild changes. I did play a free shard with a similar hybrid guild system that kept the stones but added in guild alliances and such.

Can't wait til the changes get here. With our higher population, new guild functions are imperative.
    Soulmate likes this.
  16. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

What? No guildstones? OMG! There are a billion other things to do before that! Yea! A Billion!
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is in testing now, should be patched in very soon. Just finishing some final faction join/leave changes as they relate to guilds.

For more information on what is coming soon to UOR see this thread. http://uorforum.com/threads/coming-soon-to-uo-renaissance-future-patch-q-a.11947/
    Lord Krake likes this.
  18. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the guild changes! Will really help a lot of the community out!

And please keep in guild stones!
    Soulmate, newme, MikeK and 1 other person like this.