Gumps and idoc timers

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Dec 14, 2016.

Should afk gumps be added to prevent afk reg buying and on item iding house signs?

1. Yes, gumps should be added to both and idoc timers randomized

61.2%
  2. Gump should be added to afk reg buying and item id on house signs only

16.3%
  3. no gumps

22.4%
  1. Air

Air Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I might or might not be part of an organized IDOC guild/crew. I would love to see gumps for Item ID, Random drop timers, and Anti-Reg Gathering. Anything that can be done without actual game play ruins the economy imo. Ohhh yeaaa, it takes a lot of effort scripting macros to collect, I shouldn't be jealous blah blah blah...If this game was meant to be played afk, then it never would have been as successful as it was.

I started that public idoc thread earlier in the year in an attempt to get EVERYONE included in the idocs, because they are fun, you can score some good loot, and it keeps people playing together, not in isolated small groups of secret squirrel societies.
    Jupiter, Mes, Alice Asteroid and 2 others like this.
  2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I like the idea of having an automatic system message announce idocs, it could be as simple as the moment a house goes idoc status a message like "a house at location x,x is scheduled to fall in approximately 16 hours". That would remove all this under ground suspicion and hate, make idocs allot more interesting, and benefits the entire community by giving every one the knowledge and the option to take part. Just my thought on the subject.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Jupiter, One, Tpain and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rayth

Rayth Member

I'm in favor of making each and every IDOC a permanent in-game warning/event. How freaking fun would that be (for probably everyone except those who currently dominate the IDOC scene)?
    That Guy, Hiro and One like this.
  4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

If change is something that is actually on the table I would suggest keeping it true to the game. I theorize an announcement would bellow out from a town crier of which the crumbling property is nearest or much like the evil wizard towers and seekers of adventure a bulletin board could be used to post coordinates of homes in danger of collapsing.
    Orange, Jupiter, That Guy and 3 others like this.