Halloween 2013 Night of Horrors Challenge Event

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This event sounds amazing! It's like Left for Dead inside UO!

I can't wait to try this out; but as I am still fairly new to the shard and this will be the first event in which I have participated, I have a few questions. I'd like to preface this by saying that I have not yet had the chance to playtest the event on TC.

1) Will there be any tamables? Will tamers even have a way to participate?

2) Will the weapon caches be randomized between events and/or from test center server to production server?

3) It sounds like people must work together to complete this event. However, the main (or maybe biggest?) reward for the event goes to the person with the most points so this would motivate people to compete with each other. Are there other ways to earn points besides killing mobs? If a group of players are working together and only one or two people are dedicated killers while the others heal or whatever, then how will the supporting roles be rewarded?

No matter what, I'll definitely be attending these events! Thanks for the hard work.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

1) This event has 2 parts the instanced event, and the worldwide event. The instanced event will not allow tames/mounts as it is more of a challenge style event. The overworld event will last 2 weeks and allow standard world rules.

2) Certain generic supplies will be fairly static, and all monsters in the event drop a baseline amount of supplies. Advanced weaponry/instruments/spells that will help you defeat the event can be found if you look hard enough in each event runthrough. These are randomized so each event will be different.

3) There is a prize for the player to score the most points, however each boss that is defeated will reward the players involved with the kill holiday coins. Being part of the kill on all of the holiday bosses will provide greater rewards than simply trying to kill 100 zombies. The only way to advance the event and earn greater rewards is to work together. Bards working with mages working with archers working with dexers. Everyone running around trying to do their own thing will struggle to advance.

The event was designed this way so that if players want to advanced in the event, there has to be some level of teamwork. Without that progression will be difficult.
  3. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

The OP seems to only mention the instanced challenge event, Chris. Have I missed the information about the overworld event elsewhere?
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

It's yet to be announced but for our major holidays we always have 2 events.
  5. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Thanks! *Crosses fingers for undead Fluffys*
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say this is the best thing ever. :mrgreen:
  7. orb

orb Active Member

Where will players have to go to get into the instanced events? And I might have missed it, but does the overworld go on through the same dates?
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Gates will open in front of counselors guilds around the world allowing you to sign up for the event.

1385, 1625, 30 //Brit Castle
    1560, 1615, 10 //Brit Virtues
    4479, 1133, 0 //Moonglow
    619, 2148, 0 //Skara
    1423, 3727, 0 //Jhelom
    1891, 2848, 0 //Trinsic
    2716, 2165, 0 //Bucs
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I see there has been a second mask dye added.

Is hue 44 too bright for masks, is that the reason for its exclusion?
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes we felt it was a bit to bright on certain masks. By limiting it to 144/244 we were able to implement a universal dye, vs specific masks.
  11. Rose

Rose New Member

Such an amazing event, Absolutely Amazing! Keep up the good work!