Happy Easter - Worldwide Event - March 26th to April 4th

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

2. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug or a feature, but Fluffy teleports back when paralyzed.
  3. My little ponies

My little ponies Member

Hi! I have been hiding in the woods, rattling my knees out of fear when Fluffy walks all over me... How often does easter bunny "plopp"? Felt like I was waiting forever but no "plopp". Are they just "plopped" dry or is it just very looong between "plopps"?
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

They *plop* roughly 10 eggs when they spawn new. That means, someone has to kill the bunny (+fluffy).

But this year, they also have a basespawn of ~3 eggs in a larger area around them. Not sure, if these eggs re-spawn when you are on screen.
    My little ponies likes this.
  5. Alerionh

Alerionh New Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Zyler likes this.
  6. Alerionh

Alerionh New Member

Ok it's back to normal... little hint tough: there's still "2015" in the headline of this dialog:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-01 um 14.56.56 copy.jpg
  7. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

2056 eggs...daggum
  8. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Everybody jumping on the rankings with bought eggs... it takes a lot of fun out of the competition IMO.
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It could be purchased eggs, but it could be just people holding them and not immediately turning them in. I know I have a decent stack in the Hasselhoff compound. Makes no sense to turn them in early, really. Once they're converted to points, they can no longer be converted to gold.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

That has been the case every year, for sure, Basoosh.
    Pretty much every serious contender I've known has turned in some but held off the bulk until near the end.
  11. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

I still got over 100 to sell, darnit. Baby needs a new pair of blessed runebook.
  12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Kalvasflam and newme like this.
  13. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

It actually would be really fun if it was a guild or group event. Points scored by guild or group.
  14. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  15. burgle

burgle Member

I found 572 eggs the first day. I wish it were most eggs in a 24 hour period, then give people the week to get a good hunt in at their schedule. As it is you could find more eggs than the rest of the server combined first day(or even week) of the hunt and not even rank after the 9 days.Emphasis on "hunt", this is a marathon.

Im on there as Generic Player. I have stopped turning em in and am just piling em up, but might just give up and go back to doing other shit lol aimlessly running is mind numbing.
  16. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Next year, can we have the Leaderboard tied to who actually picked up the eggs. Perhaps keep it so that whoever turns in the eggs can get whatever rewards points, but make the Leaderboard points reflect who actually put in the effort to gather them? With the last minute extensions to the competition run time changing the leaders....combined with the buying of eggs to be the best....combined with the pooling of eggs....its just kind of made this competition not a real competition anymore.

I was never in contention for leading the competition and we were just pooling the eggs for rewards, but the "Leader" should go to whoever gathered the most eggs. Tired of seeing the biggest bank box "winning". Its just pathetic, really.
    BlackEye, Alerionh, fooka03 and 3 others like this.
  17. Alerionh

Alerionh New Member

I'm with Lightshade... ran off my feet the whole week ending on third place Sunday night (MESZ) – just to see that Mr. Johari smashed the whole leaderboard with a completely insane number of eggs that could not have been picked up by just one person. So splitting the leaderboard in "picked up eggs by player" and "redeemed eggs by player" would be a good motivation for everyone :D
    Well my motivation was gone on Monday and I was happy to join the Freesist event (started to look for colored little things walking the streets in real life) ;-)
    But hey – I had a lot of fun (and deadly encounters with Fluffy) and thanks to the staff and everyone working behind the scenes!
    Lyta, My little ponies and BlackEye like this.
  18. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

The way it is, it opens a market for all players to sell their eggs. Not everybody here is all about competing in the rankings. My guess is, much gold swapped from vets to newer players, which is good.

But I demand that no hidden rewards will *pop* out of nowhere . And yes, it makes a huge difference: The honorable fight for a prestige #1 eagle would turn into a conspiracy theory thing ala "insiders knew from the beginning!" if epic prizes are handed out.
    Tyndall likes this.
  19. Alerionh

Alerionh New Member

As I said – splitting the scoreboard would keep all sides happy: the hunters that actually pick up the eggs (1. scoreboard), those who redeem the eggs (2. scoreboard) and last but not least everyone is still able to sell and trade eggs – it's just a possible way to appreciate the effort of every kind of play :)
  20. Alerionh

Alerionh New Member

By the way – is the event officially over now?