Happy Holidays Fishing Tournament!!!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Zyler, Dec 12, 2020.

1. ShiftyShade

ShiftyShade Member

[​IMG]

Last hour catch. Not a winner but still fun!
  2. ShiftyShade

ShiftyShade Member

[​IMG]

Apparently its the 14th now. Tourneys ova!
  3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack Active Member

4. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

I think I saw a 200 behemoth in here? Who won?
    Zyler and Murdoc82 like this.
  5. NWin1

NWin1 New Member

My first event. I'm a poor newb. Just trying to buy that blessing for the old rune book. I fished until my eyes popped out and what not. I fished so much i wanted to vomit and now after seeing the post that came 3 minutes after i went to bed i want to vomit some more. Caught 1 large fish in 12 hours of fishing. 190 Stones!!! I thought great that is leading and fish 95% of max weight. So i quit and say only 4 hours left. I can feel the blessed book coming my way. But then, wait a minute...there it is, a post of a 200 Stoner. Really a max weight fish...a perfect fish? So now for my 12 hours i have 3800 gp, 4 regular mibs, and 7 T Maps (6 plain, 1 level 3). Very demoralizing. Can make that in about 15 mins, numerous other places. I don't think ill be participating again. Pain not worth the reward. I'm definitely not mad...just saying. Congrats on the perfect fish!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
  6. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

Please keep in mind that these events are player ran. The funds come out of the pockets of few (more established) players and runs completely on donations. It's the community giving back and making things enjoyable. This could just as well have been a HUGE win for you if the 190 would have stayed on top.

Its all fun and games with this random luck event, rather than who has the best items or most money. Shame to see you try it only once. Did you fish alone? Find a crew next time, make it enjoyable other than a choir. As for your loot, I believe that your tally resembles no where near 12 hours worth of fishing, not even with one fisher. Those items are closer to an hourly yield, 2 on a bad day.

Also, you're new - no need for a blessed book. Hell, I've been here for roughly 7 months and dont have a blessed rumebook yet. Just remember to have fun and that things aren't over untill the fat lady sings! If you want some help setting up fishing macros for multiple toons, let me know. Im on Discord: Tabby #1228

@Zyler - thanks for hosting again!
  7. Murdoc82

Murdoc82 New Member

Merry Christmas to you too!

It was my first fishing tournament too. I kind of fished off and on but probably a total of 5 or 6 hours. By the end of it, my shoulder was sore and it's still sore today! It's all random, like Tabby said. My fish was a mere 162 stones but if you look at my picture, there's a blue scroll there worth around 70k. So I may not have won but I got a nice consultation prize off a shipwreck kraken, which are normal spawns, not event-related. You can make some serious dosh if you're patient and with a bit of luck. Here's a list of the color scrolls you can get and how much they're worth (according to Iolo in price check):

(red) 55-65,000
    (blue) 65-75,000
    (purple) 80-90,000
    (green) 95-110,000

Cheers!
  8. Ophira

Ophira Well-Known Member

Tabby and Zyler like this.
  9. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Greetings Anglers
    Thank you participating in the tournament
    I won't be available until soon for fish verification and prize distribution
    Sorry for the delay
    -Z
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Buga, Tabby and Murdoc82 like this.
  10. Murdoc82

Murdoc82 New Member

I'm a meager fisherman but I'd still like to make a donation. My dad and I, Dr. Fauci, had a great time swapping "big fish" stories throughout the tournament. Once I'm a more established player, I'd perhaps like to contribute something. Thanks!
    Zyler and Tabby like this.
  11. manto

manto Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

i feel sad for you.
    Kiryana, Murdoc82 and Tabby like this.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  13. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

Wooo! Welcome back and thanks for the reward! Glad to see you didn't go AWOL on us during a pandemic.

Quick question regarding the decorative vote though. What did you rate the entries on? Looking at the popular vote (post likes), I come to another conclusion regarding a winner?
  14. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

The Best Decorated boat was determined by a UOR staff member and not based on forum votes.
  15. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

Decoration is quite subjective to personal flavor and opinion. In light of this being a contest with a significant price, I want to appeal and request a public vote
  16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Likes in the forums can be rigged. In the past, a player in a big guild had all the members vote (by post likes) for them in a contest... forgot which one. Happens with the deco'd house contests now and then too.

As Fishing Tournament Director, I find your appeal blubber therefore is denied.
    Any further appeals on this matter are moot, with risk of penalty.

upload_2020-12-19_12-56-38.png