Hardmode Hunt X - June 18th

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lord Krake, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

1 hour bump.
  2. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

we all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  3. Delavego

Delavego Well-Known Member

I will take option 2 with the butcher knife

On second thought, sounds like we need a crafter.

Option 8
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. Lord Krake

Just finished Hardmode Hunt X!

Thanks to all who came out and made it awesome.

For those who attended, I would love feedback on what you thought about the "starting bag" mechanics, and the interactions with Tomah the Vendor. Thanks!

Long live UOR
  5. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

6. Valrick

was a great event!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  7. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

Had a killer time guys!

Krake, I thought the Tomah the vendor worked well. I think we had a nice size group and resources were shared.

One question...Did we come across a forge anywhere to craft our own weapons?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

It was fun, thanks again!
    I believe the sparse start facilitated sharing
    Lord Krake likes this.
  9. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

Gonna be honest, this was my first time hunting in a group :oops: and I was laggy on top of it so sorry for dragging you all down lol. thanks for the resses!

Overall it was a great experience but if I had to suggest things:

I think a pickaxe option in the starter bags might have been a good idea, or put us somewhere with a bit more forges.

Also honestly, the vendor part got really frustrating for me, since I kept either lagging or just getting beaten on the axes. I don't think I'll play as a dexer again between that and just not being able to wade through the crowd to reach in and whack at anything. :( felt pretty useless, sorry about that.

I'm not sure what happened in the last fight, I was told "take the lead" because i had the silver hatchet but I literally could not move through the doorway, I don't think I even managed to touch the captain. was that just lag luck or is there a trick I should know about in the future to avoid this?

(and does anyone know why we got guard whacked at the end??? talk about a lesson to use organizer agents more!!)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Lord Krake likes this.
  10. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

Agree with pick-axe or shovel option but would rather see an ingot option (option 8 where the crafter can choose what to make).

Lock picks are a powerful option and should be removed in favor of crafting them or putting them in their own category.

Lightning wand seems like a silly option when smith hammer has more speed + damage (Macing folks) and the potions would quickly run out. Better off with weak hitting wand w/no charges and more bandages.

Would also be cool to see random chance at a few extras if possible...

Option 1: 20 each regs, 10% chance at 1 random wand (not identified)
    Option 2: One skinning knife (spd 40 1-10 dmg), 20 bandages, 15% chance at random armor piece
    Option 3: One dagger (spd 55 3-15 dmg), 15 bandages, 10% chance at random armor piece
    Option 4: One magic wand w/0 (spd 35 2-6 dmg), charges, 30 bandages, 20% chance at random armor piece
    Option 5: One bow or Xbow, 40 arrows or bolts, 10 bandages, 10% chance extra arrows
    Option 6: 20 each reagent and 20 empty bottles, 10% chance at something?
    Option 7: One random shield (not a buckler and not a heater), 50 bandages, 30% chance at random armor piece
    Option 8: Set of tinker tools, 50-100 ingots, a floppy hat, 10% chance extra ingots, wood, feathers, or leather

The vendor was competitive & sometimes a gamble / pointless which was fun. Bought an axe and went to Wrong afterwards only to find plenty of axes. Would like to see an expensive gamble item (think Diablo 2) where players could waste their gold.

We should of had 1 person gather up a few refresh potions and push through the horde in order to pull them away from the door.

At the end of the aMIB all player corpses and animals get removed from the event and sent to the exit location. Someone looted one of the blue corpses and the nearby NPC called guards. Then 2 of the players attempted to resurrect the grey ghost with the guards still on the screen and got themselves guard whacked.
    Caska VS Trees and Lord Krake like this.
  11. Valrick

Caska we usually don't have a melee weapon type issue as bad as we did that time. i think i was the only pure fencer (few had multiple weapon skills trains)

Forge would have really helped. we could have used that pickaxe and forged you a shinier one for sure!
    Caska VS Trees and Lord Krake like this.
  12. Lord Krake

Great feedback. Thanks a lot guys. I will take all this into account and try to run another HMH soon!
    Lasse likes this.
  13. Valrick

Krake we should do something like Keza's 9.1 as well! I've heard from at LEAST 5 peeps that the UK timezone prevents them from most all events. Might be a good time to hit home as one of the first to do a EU-priority event!

If it's on the weekend all of us die-hard USA nerds will show up anyways!
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Lord Krake likes this.
  14. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Forgot to link my video from this, was a good run. I liked the new style.

Lord Krake and Zyler like this.
  15. thatguyjoe

thatguyjoe Member

I had a great time and lived up to my normal quota of dirt naps. I'm thankful the legion of scorpions was on our side. :D
    Lord Krake likes this.