Harrower 2018!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by The Hammer, Jul 3, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight New Member

You need to realize he is trolling you and being sarcastic.
    NerK likes this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think a better solution for the shard would be giving a lump sum of plat per each skull placed on the altar, IE let's say you have a semidar skull, place it and X amount of plat drops to your pack. Then once the harrower is spawned, server wide announcement via town criers or even server message or even IRC if that is possible. Turn harrowers into server events. Adjust the X plat dropped to keep it more or less in line with how much is currently being dropped.
    This way you are incentivized to champ, you have huge server wide action filled harrowers, and avoid the drama of salty people who get raided.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I think money/loot should be stripped from the system entirely.

Apparently absolute power corrupts absolutely.
  4. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

That could also generate more traffic, making it not as safe to complete the harry compared to how it is now with little to no risk. I would personally like to see it adjusted to bring both more risk and more fights to the table so i agree with the town crier idea.

However, some things i see wrong with this however, are people camping a Town Crier to inform them when it goes on, which will bring whiners to the table. Another thing is that it could completely back flop and make it TOOO easy to safely acquire the plat. So if you get the plat before hand what is the point to accomplishing it let alone raiding a enemy guilds harrower?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

All for it until the last part, think your missing the point here..no one is salty over being raided.. the fact that your group of members use an alert system that sends over 400 messages to your discord from one harrower spawn its over-reached. Im all for public harrowers.. we tried that with Vella years ago.. was quickly patched and Harrower became more of a problem.. Now you can send in a few pets recall away.. bask in safety and collect plat.. just what your group did last night.. Maybe if they would of stayed around they would of got pk'd. I mean I would be upset too if someone exposed a huge source of income flooding the market for months.

I surprised it took this long for someone to call me salty.. LOL
  6. Rextacy

Back in the day you could recall/gate into star room whenever just to look whats going down, and if something was going down you would setup and prepare for a fight to steal the rewards. Honestly they just found a way to do it without having to be persoonally at the screen. Lets be real the champers aren't on with their face in the screen waiting for notifications to pop up that your doing a harry.

It is very lame that they are resorting to these tactics, if they actually are and you have valid proof. I think personally its really lame though that you called out a said so guild and demanded things to be changed while threatening Telamon, and staff to do this change or else you would share it with the public. Hit them up in a DM cause this kind of shit is stupid and only increases negativity even further.
    Earsnot likes this.
  7. El Horno

We want people camping town criers. The goal would be to let as many people know as possible. As for what is the point to kill the harrower if the plat is awarded up front? Because not ALL the plat will be rewarded up front. The split up would need to be figured out but just for kicks, lets say 75 plat is dropped per skull directly into your pack, that would be 450 plat if you placed the entire set. Wouldn't you want to have a crew ready to attempt to bang the harrower out for the remaining 550?

I also like the idea of harrower sets being put together more piecemeal, instead of just a single group doing it all at once. With this idea, the entire shard can contribute the skulls they have and as sets are completed announcements would go out.

Also for the record this proposed change would not benefit me at all.
    Ron Jeremy and Rextacy like this.
  8. Rextacy

This could work for sure. Also i recommend that the star room be accessible via recall/gate as it properly should be. Back in the day you would have bigger guilds and be able to defend easier at any time via using fields, or the enemy waiting in the star room for a last stand in a fight if you could not get achieve the takeover during the actual harry, and such. I think there should personally be stronger rewards though if this was implemented. It would create both WAY more fights and make the chances to champ solo less able to be done. It would require teamwork effort, in order to get the haul.

As it stands now... A guild can set down a harry, have the possible locations premarked to gate in and knock out in less than 45 minutes and it makes it even easier when the harrower gets placed where needed.
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

I have proof and I have a guild member of them in game with Journal log admitting to warnings in their discord. Ill leave names out of it.

NO ones threatening anyone... post was made to bring attention to something that's a game changer and request a hot fix, instead of waiting 2-3 days for a response. If it wont be changed then why not make it public so everyone's on the same playing field instead of allowing certain individuals to keep ruining the core of UOR.
  10. Rextacy

Also as it stands now you can pretty much solo almost any champ via triple boxing, making less heads required. All the while, causing the skulls even more easily able to be obtained.
  11. Rextacy

Thats the thing tho man, you took this to far IMO . This is for you and the staff to talk about. NOT throw out this shit in the public THREATENING STAFF to change it or else you would share it with public....

COME ON MAN
  12. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Yeah been there forever. Was said it was fixed but one of my guildies got whacked last week.
  13. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

This has been brought up through other avenues without any avail or change. Something of this magnitude needs to be brought up and transparent.

Gm's have life's and don't check PM's daily.. so instead of waiting 2-3 days maybe we can get something rolling... Was just a suggestion .. If its not illegal then ill give other people the opportunity to use it unchecked like it has been.
  14. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

That's not solo'ing.. your using three characters.. but besides the point skulls are harder to obtain than they were years ago.. reason there is hundreds of blue skulls.
  15. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you were not apart of El hornos group. Fairly sure you were in TnT for a long part. Like me.

Unless i have mistaken you for someone else.

Your group have used the log trick. How do you think we found out about the log trick...
  16. Rextacy

So using 3 fucking toons, running a easy macro for each toon, while following each other isnt "soloing" huh. Even though it is literally just you manning the clients. LOL okay buddy. Ive watched people soloing champs or little to 3 ppl doing one champ. Don't try and feed me this bullshit.
  17. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

18. El Horno

[​IMG] @Smash
  19. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

When you 1 man a champ spawn let me know, that's soloing.. using 3 characters is hardly solo...

back to the bigger issue here other than comparing sizes... we got an issue on our hand other than solo'ing (3man) champ spawns as Rextacy puts it.
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Damn it.

Stuff like this really gets to me these days. I ... I just wish I could say something so prolific it made everyone feel good about the situation at the exact same time.

potato
    Zyler likes this.