Has there been any discussion about manking runebooks newbiefied?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Pvpers who have to wait for their friend to get recall regs so they can go buy a horse disagree with you
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  2. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Most people leave charges in their runebook
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Yeah but that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you need a couple of minutes to go to town stables and buy a horse the people you were fighting are ganking your friends while you're saying withdraw 550 vendor buy. They do help a lot with responsiveness, getting back on your feet. Shit sometimes even ninja looting your freshly killed body while everyone's busy dumping. Extremely useful for pvp
  4. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member

I would agree with that also sir
    Theodin likes this.
  5. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

make characters flag for 10 long minutes after killing a mount. That may slow down mount killing.
    One and Sheepdog like this.
  6. Cheapsuit

Not triple but definitely double. Everyone I've talked to are wanting 800k plus for large towers. Double the value of the deeds.
  7. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

That's not my experience as a relatively new player who's goal right now is a large tower.

I've seen towers from 500k~ to 650k-700k and only spots that are especially desirable sell for more than that.
  8. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

From what I've seen and experienced Large towers are valued like this:

Deed cost + 100k for an out of the way spot
    Deed cost + 50k for a casting or serpent heavy spawn spot
    Deed cost + 150k for a spot relatively close to a moongate or a place of spawn interest
    Deed cost + 200k for a spot really close to a moongate
    Deed cost + 500k for a primo or exclusive spot

You can also throw in a + 100/150k for a spot that includes a house/parked spot next door that will benefit from the CUB system when implemented.

I also think it helps to be aware that this server is about to turn 5 years old, there's a shit tonne of free spots available still for pretty much every other type of house under the size of a Large Tower, I also think it's important to remember that the costs of homes here are so much less than any of the OSI shards back in the day.

Anyone else remember seeing Large towers regularly sell on tradespot for $500 real currency? Or bigger homes for more.

We have it good, REAL good.
    Hollywood likes this.
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/selling-large-tower-in-swamp-500-000-starting-bid.26089/ <- 500k Tower
    http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-large-tower-near-britain.26029/ <- SUPER-Primo spot, 800k (and no bidders...for a reason)
    http://uorforum.com/threads/fire-island-beach-tower-small-for-sale.25955/ <- Primo spot, super secluded, small included 750k (only one bidder)
    http://uorforum.com/threads/sold-large-tower-villa-spot-chaos-wind.25943/#post-251564 <- Tower and villa on grass, next to mountain, right in Wind's entrance 650k
    http://uorforum.com/threads/large-p...fits-large-tower-near-sacrifice-shrine.26022/ <- Tower spot around 60k over deed price
    http://uorforum.com/threads/tower-near-ice-dungeon-for-sale.25842/ <- Primo spot too!! sold for 700k

So I don't know who "Everyone you've talked to" are, but they're nuts.

EDIT:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-large-tower-mining-house.26103/ <- Just posted, BEAUTIFUL place (used to live there in UOSA) 700k

#FactCheck
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  10. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

^yup

and that last one appears to be at samlethe forest where the chaos shrine is also located at, I had a house there once too
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

People that deal in unverified absolutes absolutely drive me crazy.
    One, Hollywood and Sheepdog like this.
  12. Cheapsuit

Buy me the large mining tower for 750k, Ill give you 200k down payment and 50k weekly until I pay 850k total. You make 100k profit for allowing your money to work for you, as opposed to the zero profit you make while it sets in the bank. I have no problem with towers selling for 800k, my gripe is that's a lot for a newbie to earn. The prices aren't the problem, it's the painfully slow grind.
  13. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

I'd expect you to be making more than 50k a week dude. Once you're up and running, the gold comes fast.
  14. Cheapsuit

Ok I could push and make it 100k per week. So you'd be paid off in 6 weeks total. You can use an escrow service just in case I default on the loan. Just insurance for you and me both.
  15. Cheapsuit

I have a peacemaker and a thief... Thieves don't make a lot of money, but they are by far the most fun. I need time to learn all the good spots etc. Also building a character for factions.
  16. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

Do you want to make enough gold to buy a Large Tower or do you want to have fun playing a thief?

I can't believe you're talking about a 'painfully' slow grind on an Ultima Online free shard are you fucking serious

It takes a week to GM taming here do you understand it took 6+ months on OSI? And you weren't allowed to macro afk at all

How you can claim 750k is a 'painfully slow grind' is unbelievable

Furthermore what does a newbie need a Large Tower for? You ain't got shit to put in it lol this must be a joke
  17. Cheapsuit

It's not about stuff with me. I only like two houses, that Large marble with patio and large tower. I spent hours running around last night trying to play a marble patio, and couldn't find a spot. I owned a castle on siege and hated it. I was never the best at farming. I will gladly humble myself and take any farming advice you have to offer. I don't particularly like mobs that takes half my life with one spell, but if that's what it takes, I'll gladly give it a shot. And I've never played a tamer, but again, I'm open to try anything. I never did feel comfortable playing a mage or a tamer.
  18. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

You're on!

Or did you mean the other one near Wind?
  19. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Deacon likes this.
  20. Cheapsuit

I meant this one. Sorry about how big this pic is.

[​IMG]