Healing

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Freakzilla, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Training Healing is not very complicated, but it is very time consuming. I will share what I have done to GM healing on numerous characters in the past. If you do intend of having Healing in your template, It is my opinion to choose 50 Healing upon character creation. If you haven't done that, fear not, as you can still easily GM your healing without too much effort. One thing to keep in mind is that healing is not considered a skill use, so I advise to incorporate the Anatomy skill into your macro.

Training
    0-30 Buy from NPC
    30-60 Heal damage from either sparring or fighting mobs
    60-80 Cure poison
    80-GM Resurrect the dead (the player you are trying to resurrect does not have to accept, for you to gain)

Macros
    Ideally, if you are training in a house, the first thing you need to do is gather adequate bandages. Place your bandages in a wooden box that will be used for your restock agent. Go into your Razor Agent tab, and select Restock Agent -1. Add your bandages, and target your wooden box where your bandages are, and set as Restock Hotbag. Once you have your restock set up, go to your Hot Key tab and set whichever key you would like to use as your Restock Agent-1 hot key. The simplified macro should look like this:

Exec: Restock Agent-1
    Absolute Target
    Pause 1.00sec
    For ( 1 to 95 )
    Double Click (clean bandage)
    Wait for Target
    Absolute Target
    Pause 6.00sec *If you are healing yourself, the 6 second pause should be 10 seconds.
    End For

This is an example of what it would look like if you incorporated the Anatomy Skill into your macro:

Exec: Restock Agent-1
    Absolute Target
    Pause 1.00sec
    For ( 1 to 95 )
    Use Skill Anatomy
    Wait for Target
    Absolute Target
    Pause 1.00sec
    Double Click (clean bandage)
    Wait for Target
    Absolute Target
    Pause 9.00sec
    End For

These are some basic working macro's that can be adjusted to suit your needs. Loop of course!

Tips and Tricks
    If you do not have the funds or regs to cast poison, there are some other ways that are just as effective. My personal favorite is to equip a bow, and find a snake. Have your healing target equip a bow, and lure one of the little guys back into your house. He will be more than happy to poison all day long, and having a bow equipped will ensure you don't kill him.

Another thing to consider within your macro is the amount of damage your target is taking when healing someone else. For example, if you are healing someone who is wrestling, he is going to be taking less damage than someone who is getting beat upon by someone with a sword. In order to conserve your bandages, you can adjust the pause to 15 or 20 seconds, but keep in mind that you will have to monitor it from time to time to make sure your target is getting healed without coming too close to death...because we all know that a fail comes at the most inopportune time.

Good Luck, and I hope it help someone.
    compsays likes this.
  2. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Great guide. To simplify it... You can gm off merely healing someone. If you're sparring two toons, you'll come close to gm healing and anatomy. I finished off by healing myself as I gained resist.
  3. Six

Six Member

I have 2 GM healers from healing my 2 characters doing resist/magery. Another simple way to get it done if you're doing it anyway
  4. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

Yea...I don't have any chars with Magery, so with my piss poor connection, option A is how I get it done.
  5. Zebbede

Zebbede New Member

just incase anyone is interested the macro I made for 2 training toons fighting each other

Exex: Attack Last Combatant
    if (Hits <=10)
    walk west
    walk west
    for 1 to 10
    if (hits <-71)
    double click clean bandage
    wait for target
    exec target self
    pause 20.00
    end if
    end for
    walk east
    end if
    pause 5.00
  6. Tank Jones

Tank Jones Member

I am not sure if I am overlooking something, but...

I believe a simpler option is to, in an ideal situation when using a house and sparring:

Have both characters wanting to GM healing, anatomy, fighting, tactics. Or whatever.

Begin recording macro:
    Double click bandages (in chest within reaching distance)
    Select the bloke your fighting.
    End record.

You should end up with something like this:

Double click bandages.
    Wait for Target
    Absolute Target

We need to add in a pause of 4500 (4.5second). And then select the Loop option.

You should end up with something like this:

Double click bandages.
    Wait for Target
    Absolute Target
    Pause 4.5secs
    Loop

You may have to edit the timer, depending on what level your healing is at. This gains healing much faster than the option posted above. Due to the fact it takes less time to heal another than yourself.

I know this is very basic, but thought anyone that's new and looks at the macro posted by Zebbede above, would be better suited to use my method.

Please note, this can be done whilst training magic/resist. Simply ensure your absolute target is the character receiving damage.

Hope this helps any noobs like myself.
    Russ likes this.
  7. Stankbooty

Stankbooty New Member

i'm using the magical wizards hat method. I'm at 74 and rising.
  8. The Smiths

The Smiths Member

yeah, I magical wizard's hat to 80, then i heal the town ghost.
    Rags likes this.
  9. Kesey

Kesey New Member

Anybody care to venture a guess as to how many bandages it takes to work healing from 85 to GM?

(Not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely curious)

Cheers!
  10. Dunkel25

Dunkel25 New Member

What are the advantages of going over 80 healing? I know it'll take a few tries to res someone with 80 healing/100 anat, but if the tradeoff is getting to have 20 base magery or something, is that worth it?
  11. Finn

Finn New Member

The tradeoff for a 100 healing is that you will never fail a bandage, which is fairly big. You will also cure any poison, including level 5, with very high degree of success. I've cured lvl 5 poison on OSI with GM healing, anyway.
  12. Reln

Reln New Member

Does anyone have some tips about how to train Healing past 60? I have heard the best way is to cure poison, but not sure how to do that wtihout a house or lots of reagents. Kinda new here, sorry if this is common knowledge.
  13. Russ

Russ Member

make a 2nd account flag grey on new char attack with the char you want to gain healing with proceed to heal afk. tab out with the new char. after I a few minutes you can do this in town. easiest way to get healing to 80+ then macro on a ghost
  14. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Does amount of damage healed affect your gain % on this server?