Hello, Goodbye

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gollum, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

Oh man, where to start... You know what, I am going to do you a favour and I will take the time to explain something to you that you seem to ignore -even at this point in your life.

While I appreciate your implied advice, I do not see why you should command me or anyone else to chill out when stating something which is very likely to be true. There are millions of people out there with issues, and some of them play UO, too -and still behave like they have issues.

And why do you think you can draw a sacred line between RL and a video game, like videogames are not contained in RL? As far as I know, videogames are played in RL, not in some imaginary parallel universe. Virtual currency, like UO gold, is valuable and it takes time to be earned -like RL money, although luckily on this server they are not exchangeable-. When a griefer ruins someone's life within the game, it also ruins a small part of that persons RL -that time within RL that is dedicated to play the game.

So yeah, keep your morality lessons for yourself, or for people who really need them, like griefers.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Chill out.
    Balian, Althorn and Vandalin like this.
  3. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

read my post as many times as you need
  4. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah pretty sure nobody playing this wizard game gives a shit about any of this. relax.
    Balian, Ponne and Althorn like this.
  5. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

LOL I am pretty sure you know what everyone gives a shit about. You just know.

Again, relax and read my post as many times as you need until you fully understand it
  6. Vandalin

I know for sure that you need to have relations with another human being and do something with all that anger you have eating away at you. But now I, too, am guilty of dragging RL shit into a video game forum. Can't win 'em all, good luck with your stuff.
  7. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member

What are you so mad about?
    Vandalin likes this.
  8. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

See? it was so easy to prove you are a hypocrite... gotcha :p
    Vandalin likes this.
  9. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Personally i think the word grieving is thrown around way to much here. It would be nice to read a article once in a while without whinning. If someone does something to you and you stick around and keep going around for them to do it. You did it to yourself. If something doesnt work change it or just live with yourself.
    Rextacy, Cheapsuit and Vandalin like this.
  10. Vandalin

Trammel without the influences of Trammel
  11. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

that post is more like a free piece of knowledge.

But you must be quite angry at my post to deliberately misinterpret it. Did I hurt your feelings cause you identify yourself with that type of person? Sorry, man
  12. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member

Put down the bong.
  13. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

Never!
  14. Vandalin

Welcome back Treehugger!
  15. El Horno

UOR has a community, your either brand new to that community or on an alt account. Either way let me fill you in on one of the foundations of this commuity, direct from the code of conduct.

Lets start where this all began, with a player I personally dislike and fight in game every chance I get, Wyatt. He plays a UO villian. He will steal your xmas kills, murder you, etc. This is his playstyle. This doesn't make him a bad person however.

Per the code of conduct:
    "
    • Examples of understood felucca game play:
    • • Killing a player in a dungeon, looting their items
    • • Stealing from players
    • • Looting other players houses.
    "

This is meant to say, UO is a ruthless game at times and playing a UO villian is allowed.

Do you know what ISN'T allowed? Personal attacks.

Again, direct from the code of conduct:
    "
    • Ingame, Forum & IRC Conduct
    • Harassment
    • We will not tolerate insults, attacks, threats, and/or denigration from any member on another member at any time.
    • We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level.
    • Name calling, repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a member, flaming, or slanderous posts are not
    • acceptable.
    "

As to why I felt the need to speak up and give you a lesson in morality? Because your personal attacks degrade our community and are unwanted. Again, Wyatt is an in game enemy of mine and I will always go out of my way to take it to him in game, and he always gives it right back. We've had some great fights and it is a shame to see people attacked on a personal level, even my enemies.
    Balian, Hollywood, Althorn and 2 others like this.
  16. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

Apologies to the guy who was saying good-bye. This turned into forum bait for hypocrites who think they know when people are chilled or not, miles away behind a screen :p Still, farewell to you and I hope you get over it.
  17. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Which one of you is Wyatt? He may just give me a reason to play again. :)
    One and Ponne like this.
  18. El Horno

@Ponne
    Ponne likes this.
  19. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

I am going to try to finish this by agreeing with you. That was against the code of conduct and I publicly apologise for it. I still think the same about some players like Wyatt -it is not such a big deal to have psychological issues, they might just need help. By the way, I didn't talk about being a bad/good person, that is very childish. But I should have kept my guesses about his motivations to play like he does to myself, and for that I will remove that original comment and continue thinking the same -to myself.

But yeah, for you code of conduct followers who think the code of conduct has all the moral answers, read my post again until you get it.
  20. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

Finally someone was clever enough to realise the actual point of this banter