Hello, Goodbye

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gollum, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi guys friendly husband of an English teacher....

Grieving is mourning the loss of a loved one

Griefing is to cause another person grief on this game usually by PKing or generally being a wander. This is a term that is generally applied to the internet

Hope this helps everyone to start using the proper term they mean too, unless everyone is simply Grieving for the OP leaving due to all the Griefing he's been apart of
  2. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

From the person that can't fill in the blanks:/ why dont you get onto people for every missed period, run on or shortened version of a word. It will be a life well spent.
  3. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Because I'm not being a grammar nazi so much as trying to correct a misuse of a word. Which also appears to be spreading like wildfire in this thread

Completely different imo
    PaddyOBrien and Mozz Hexor like this.
  4. Killian

Killian Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Being a new player and having an account of maybe two weeks or so, I have read the code of conduct fairly recently. I agree with your statement on personal attacks.

There is however, also in the conduct, a section concerning discouraging gameplay:
    • Examples of discouraging game play:
    • • Telling a player to get good or leave the server
    • • Excessive verbal harassment
    • • Trapping players in locations that force them to use the help stuck system to escape
    I believe that gating someone into a house where they are trapped would fall into the last quoted bullet point. If true, and I have absolutely no clue whether it is or is not, I would personally consider that griefing and not simply playing a villain.

That's not to say that I disagree with the stance on personal attacks, I just didn't interpret the code of conduct to read that gait baiting was allowed.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

People do realize that logging off and back on spits you out to the entrance of a house, right?
    Cheapsuit, One and Hollywood like this.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

It is also your choice whether to step into that gate or not! If you see a gate open up that is not yours or created from someone you trust, simply don't go through it.
    Mozz Hexor, Cheapsuit and Ponne like this.
  7. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

Man up some of you sound pathetic lol this game has options to all play styles it’s “felucca” based for a reason. All the potential outplay, all the interesting ways to get even/revenge or prevent people from getting over on you in the first place. The more you know the better. Most stuff is avoidable if you know how to move.

I fight @El Horno pretty much everytime I see him as well. Do I hate him no, actually he’s one of favorite ppl on here to be honest... Aside from him being a pretty genuine good guy, I like him cause he’s not a little bitch, if you mess with him he will come at you lol with like 2drags and 9 Mares multi clienting efficiently. I had no respect for tamers(pvp) till I met and fought against him...we had a lot of fun id say over the months I was more active.

if he wins, he wins.. if he loses he takes it on the chin like a man. Same for me & we move on laugh about the good fights. Sometimes it gets a little more ruthless but it’s all fun and for the love of the game.

Moral of the story Is if I see you in a dungeon I’m Going to kill you lol it’s not cause Im a serial killer in real life. It’s cause I enjoy this aspect of the game utilizing my templates and pushing them to the max for “the race”. The spotting, chasing, and killing.
    Typically I enjoy real pvp against pvpers but I do PK as well sometimes.

It’s a game anything can happen sometimes I go to pk get firebreathed by 5 drags at destard and die in stat (blessed rbs and ethy)watch my corpse get dry looted by some noob cuz I’m to lazy to gate my other toon in lol shit happens do I cry no?

There’s bugs in bucs den if u run thru on a blue and I explo u and u recall to town and call guards I get guard whacked in bucs & go into stat. Do I cry.. a little cause this is some bullshit lmao but I’d never truly blame a player for using the broken mechanic but staff need to fix that so yes I’ll cry to them. But otherwise no wizard tears.

You control your fate on here, younger players you will get fucked with. It’s like hazing you live, die, and come back smarter just learn from your mistakes. Always and never forget why you play this amazing old game. For fun! To get away from all the bullshit.

That nostalgic feeling of constant danger and unknown.

Stop bugging staff to babysit you.. the community offers tons of help if you are very unfamiliar with the game there are guilds to apply to that specifically cater to new players. I give houses and shit to new players all the time everyone does. Everyone likes new players it’s good to see new faces. Some people take shit to personal on here. Just my 2 cents. & telling someone to git gud is constructive criticism. Truth hurts but there are a lot more offensive ways to disrespect ppl on here.

Cry babies ruined this game back in the day we can all agree on that let’s stay away from that direction. (Trammel)
    Rextacy, Ravicus, Cheapsuit and 4 others like this.
  8. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

spent 10 racks on a new chain
    Rextacy and wylwrk like this.
  9. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

Gucci gang Gucci gang
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

11. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

WAssuupppp

That one would be me, There are multiple ones but only one female one wearing a 1151 elvish tome and a ice-blueish bonnet, kilt, doublet, kilt, sandals.
    Forot time.PNG

Just to make sure you find the right guy ye know.

I had my fair share of being griefed, I did alot of bitching and it got me nowhere. But hey im still here fucking around.
    Althorn, Cheapsuit and Vengeance like this.
  12. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

your deco is trash.
  13. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

I'm afraid your wife teacher is incorrect. Grieving can be used in both cases,:) But I liked your post anyway.
  14. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

I just logged in to take the picture. Im gonna actually put up deco on the top, When im not lazy
  15. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Did you have any reference to this? A quick internet search says otherwise, I'd certainly be interested
    Mozz Hexor likes this.
  16. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

hopefully he didnt buy her no wedding rang
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Cheapsuit and Poogoblin like this.
  18. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

It's always been greifing, in the online community.

Griefing is like casting Wall of Stone on new players blocking them from walking in town or other sociopathic behavior. Or like Res-killing, which was often called, "Drobing", killing someone over and over in a death robe. d+robe = drobe + ing (doing) = drobing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Griefing
    Imbol, Mozz Hexor, Cheapsuit and 2 others like this.
  19. MontyBarnes

MontyBarnes New Member

I'm sure most people already know where you live, but just in case someone doesn't, that spot in Dagger looks like the pond @ (3908 , 231)
  20. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Haha, And who might you be good sire.