Hello UOR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by archivist, Jul 3, 2018.

1. archivist

archivist New Member

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for about a week trying to fight off the urge to jump back in to this great game but my better sense of judgement chowd down on an ebolt so here we are. ;)

I was a launch Baja player who left a couple of years after Trammel and then returned to the IPY shard (In Por Ylem 2) circa 2011 for a little while until that went down. In between I played Shadowbane and Darkfall for many years. Thought about going to another "modern" MMO like Darkfall reboots or Albion but didn't pull the trigger. As you can probably guess, I like to PVP.

With the history lesson out of the way, nice to meet everyone. I'm usually a slow starter but gradually my game time increases as the mechanics and knowledge trickle in. I have to say, during Baja UO Assist was second nature, but adapting to the Razor play style didn't quite "click" on IPY. Hopefully, I learn a more efficient set-up and really challenge myself to compete with you guys.

I know it's a long shot, but here are my IGN's during my gaming history. It would be nice to see a friendly face or two!

Ultima Online
    UO (Baja) -- Draconus (Anti-PK/PK, Britain NE Road), Slippy Fingers (Thief, Globally), Hulk Hogan (Wrestler)
    UO (Catskills) -- Shadowclan Orc (some orc-sounding name :D)

Clans
    • LotD
    • GoV

Shadowbane -- Main IGN: archivist
    Clans
    • Shadowclan (Treachery Server)
    • Bloodclan (Mourning)
    • Infamous (Mourning)

Darkfall -- Main IGN: ArchivistLotD
    Clans
    • CocK (LotD unofficial)
    • LotD
    SIRCAPTED and Kiryana like this.
  2. Xx-GoD-xX

Xx-GoD-xX Well-Known Member

Welcome,

Sadly IPY2 wasn't really attached to the original IPY and failed miserably.

Just curious with the sudden new influx of new players posting to forums, where did you find this shard? what made you stay?
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Archiv welcome man, you will enjoy this place.. questions just ask.. most are in IRC for quick messaging. Plenty of helpful players among are ranks...
    Jethro likes this.
  4. archivist

archivist New Member

I was looking for IPY3 and realized it never got off the ground, so I did some research (Reddit, UO shard review sites) and UOR seemed the best fit for me.

Even before that though, I had been looking for a modern full loot MMO to devote some time to. The options weren't very appealing (until perhaps Crowfall).

Darkfall currently has two competing revivals with different visions and game studios battling each other for population; with some waiting on the sidelines for a winner to emerge before buying/subbing. Oddly, both are having their own success and managing those game worlds better than the original developer did. This is making it hard to determine who the winner might be. Or if there will ever be one.
  5. Xx-GoD-xX

Xx-GoD-xX Well-Known Member

Well, you definitely aren't lost if you're looking for the best UO experience you've ever had since the creation.

This is where UO should've gone.

Welcome! Enjoy!
    Jethro and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome.

My brother and I were Baja players too. The vast majority of my time was also in PvP. I am trying to remember if we ever crossed paths, I don't really remember your char name (this doesn't mean much though, as it was 15 years ago lol).

I had a bunch of chars, but the one most people knew was Mordant Debauch. I was CoM for the largest portion of time.

This is a cool shard. I think you will enjoy it.

See you out there!
    Jethro and PaddyOBrien like this.
  7. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR,

Irc is the best place if you have a question or need assistance. Most people are willing to help a new player.

Depending on your timezone and when you play certain activities such as PvP (during peak usage hours) are more active.

Good luck.
    Jethro likes this.