Hey!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by jence, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jence

jence New Member

I'm going to be downloading UO again (whew, been a while!). I have a buddy that wants to start up again as well, so we'd be working together.

I was just curious on the availability of being able to work some mules (mining, etc). I assume we don't start with anything significant, so being able to earn some cash to build other types of characters is a must. I see it's a relatively busy server; just curious what resource spots are like, generally. Frankly, if we can't get on a server and enjoy building from the ground up, it really isn't worth playing, in our minds. I'd hate to have to go elsewhere...because this is the era we want!

Anyhow, I hope we find the server plenty enjoyable, as posters here seem to have done, and I look forward to meeting you guys and gals "in game"!

Ben
  2. jence

jence New Member

Ewe. I forgot to ask an important question. My apologies.

When I was playing a few years ago, I would stop the patching at a certain point (6.1.0.2 or something).

Should I do the same here?
  3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This is the right place for all players :)

Best client is the one you download from our website: http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_download
    We are a good size server but you should be able to mine freely, lots of mountains and cave out there, more than enough for all.

Welcome and good luck.
  4. jence

jence New Member

Thanks, Alex!

Also, I was downloading the client and it seemed to stop on it's own. I just re-clicked the download link and it now has a (1) after it. Will this re-download, assuming it finishes, have problems because of the "partial" download I first tried? (I'm sorry for such a question so soon. :))
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Probably better to delete the file and start the download over though I am by no means a tech savvy guy.

For instant replies to questions you can check out the irc channel here: http://www.uorenaissance.com/irc (irc.chat4all.org Port: 6667 #uor)

For a ton of useful info check out this guide which contains links to a ton of other guides as well as a ridiculous amount of useful info about this shard: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=682

Welcome aboard, I am sure your buddy and you will find its probably going to be the best UO of your lives here with an awesome era and no trammel.

Cheers
  6. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR, jence. Definately hop in the IRC channel as that's where a lot of our socialization happens, not to mention all the very helpful people you'll find there. . .
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

They are separate files; Windows puts the "(1)" after it to ensure it has a unique filename. Delete the original download, and use the download with the "(1)" and you should be all set.

I'd also echo joining the IRC channel as well, for any technical or in-game question.

Finally, Mining is an excellent way to make money on this server. I myself have an insatiable appetite for ingots, so would certainly buy up whatever you and your friend mine, and I'm sure others could too.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

On that mining note, I have only seen another person twice while mining. There is a ton of empty mountain and cave space which is 99% untravelled. Even when I randomly run around near mountains I never see a soul. I think most people macro mine caves so perhaps thats why I don't see them as much but walking up and down a mountain mining should be fairly safe for the long while.
  9. jence

jence New Member

I really appreciate the help and prompt responses, guys!

My buddy and I are on our first characters and getting a feel for capping skills at 700, working stats, etc. A couple players have hooked me up with some cash, to which I must say is awesome and it's got me looking up to being here!