Hide and Seek - event suggestion

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Reginald, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

A sudden thought came to mind for a player run event.

The host of the event would take a character and hide it in random location in Britannia somewhere containing something of value such as a check for 1mil or a rare item.

Then clues could be left in order of a trail in order to find the next clue, clues could be items needed such as a key, or a map, or a activatable items that would be required for an NPC to let you past. Other clues might come in the form of a riddle, this could be something like,

"I have many tongues but cannot taste
    By me, most things are turned to waste
    I crack and snap, yet I stay whole
    I may take the largest toll
    I assisted all of the first men
    And I will pay them back again
    Around me, people snuggle and sleep
    Yet run when I am released from my keep
    I jump around and leap and bound
    The cold man wishes I he had found"

Given the clues could lead to situations where certain types of characters would be required. Such as a Tracker, a Tamer, a Bard, a Theif and maybe a Warrior or something of the sort where certain team members would require to use specific abilities from each member on the team.

Ultimately the host character may be hidden, surrounded by monsters in a seriously dangerous place, so team work would prevail. Other helpers of the event could be placed in areas like in response to the riddle, once figured out, teams would need to head to Fire to get the next clue.

Suppose teams ran into each other, I imagine this would result in conflict. Teams should be no larger than at least 4 or 5.

Not sure what you think of this event, but I image it would be alot of fun.
    Mes, Alice Asteroid and Zyler like this.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor