High-End Plat Reward ideas

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Wise, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is my take as well. There have been absurd amounts of platinum farmed up recently. It used to be that I'd jump on it any chance I got, when it was for sale. Now I have the same people selling me 50+, literally night after night.
  2. SexMachine

SexMachine Member

The absurd amounts of platinum are all Sunshine's fault blame her she does nothing but champs 15 hours day.
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

I did my first champ spawn yesterday - after being 3 weeks on the shard here.
    I really wondered about the 6 platinum landed in my bag. Wow, 36k gold - for what?
    I didnt know about the system here. I thought i was one of the lucky ones.
    But i was told later that every single player who did enough damage on a boss get platinum. wtf?
    I already wondered about all the gates as boss was spawning...

End of story is, that i "must" bring in my alts to maximize profit... with alts that would be 18 Platinum! 100k Gold for... Hm... for what?

I think it would be a better system if the champs drop a fixed amount of platinum.
    Share it to all players. So if 10 players are damaging boss give every player 1/10 of the boss platinum drop.

Despise / Vermin Horde - the easiest one - 40plat (10 People are more than enough for this spawn)
    Terathan Keep / Arachnid - already much more harder! - 80plat
    Deceit / Unholy Terror - compareable to terathan, but harder boss - 120plat
    Destard / Cold Blood - thats next hardest one and boss rocks - 150plat
    Fire / Abyss - you know its the hardest in brittania - maybe harder than forst lord? - 180plat
    Lost Lands / Forest Lord - you know he is premium - 200 plat
    Harrower - 400plat

This would be more osi-like! At least on Siege Perilious people had "PKs" to defend their spawn from other blues.
    At the moment there it doesnt matter if 5 or 50 people doing 1 spawn.
    On Osi powerscrolls were limited - so limit here the profit of champ spawns.

I also think a very important change would be the blocking of multi-accounting.
    How to do this... is complicated... but at usual the server "knows" who is online with multiple accounts by IP.
    So the server also knows which accounts belong to 1 person.
    Only give platinum to only 1 person per IP.
    Only exception may be if its registered family accounts.

Or make it very easy: Only give platinum in spawns to registered accounts. So only 1 account of the 3 registered can get platinum.

i was a little bit perplex about the process of a champion spawn here with multi accounting damage.

All a bit offtopic... but if people talking about more high end rewards this means they have too much platinum. Isnt it? Where comes it from? From 3 Accounts multi-farming Champs spawns... especialls the easy despise one.
    Basoosh likes this.
  4. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

This is all currently being worked on and iirc Telamon has stated he plans on making the spawns much more difficult to manage 3 accounts at. What this entails? I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if Barracoon used Harrower abilities like pulling people in so having 3 clients there would be hard.

Everyone's been milking the system as of late due to "D Day" coming soon in relation to spawns.

Get in while the going is good cause.. winter is coming.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

The plat is supposed to reward people who spend 1-3 hours working the champ from the beginning.

The issue with increasing it during the stages for kills is that bards will be screwed because they provoke and a dexer/tamer rolls by and takes the kills and plat.

I don't have an answer to this problem just wanted to bring it up but really this is not the place for it.

This is a place for crazy and or creative and or brilliant ideas for high end plat rewards :D
  6. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Portable forge - weighs 200 stones and is destroyed upon death (cannot be looted). 250 Platinum.

Portable forge indestructible bless deed - 5000 platinum :D

Miniature house models - 150 platinum (make a mini town of your own!)
    Wise likes this.
  7. Marbles

Marbles Member

Ninja tabi
    looks like shoes
    comes in rare colours like sandles

Rare wines/beers/ales/liquor/honey/pickles/hotsauces/jams and jellys with names,
    limited quantity may exist in the world / limited time availability to buy / limit buying to certain seasons

Some kind of items that spawn monsters

Some kind of items that spawn animals

Stuff to alter your NPC vendors name or appearance to some cool unique stuff not regularly available on the menu

more to come...
    Wise likes this.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Those are great Marbles!

How about paint for metal. Works like dye tub for leather. You can dye your armor or weapons but if you die you can lose them.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

special outfit sets for profession templates

such as

bard - variety of hued spell books, maybe special newbie (gm level?) instrument of a huge, total outfit with sandals, hat of variety

same with thief but special spell book that can let you steal while it's equipped

warriors, crafters, fisherman etc

a certain variety of items that spawn randomly of each type for maybe char statue value?
    Wise likes this.
  10. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

even more themed housing stuff, that's always great
    Wise likes this.
  11. Marbles

Marbles Member

Pet Rename deed
    allows you to rename a pet to something longer than the default, and allows spaces to be used.
    Vlar and Wise like this.