Horse Color

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mindless, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

Those were brilliant comebacks, gentlemen.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As someone else posted, horses are a gold sink. There are consequences for changing the mechanics of the game. It has worked well enough all along to leave it be. It's not difficult to get horses.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Mindless likes this.
  3. Christoph Brock

I was responding to a specific poster and making a larger statement about so many people wanting to meddle with the game's nuances to get what they want without considering the results.

I don't understand why people want to change every little thing. This shard is great.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I'm petitioning, nay, DEMANDING that Telamon puts in beetles, kirin, and those loveable and fluffy swamp dragons. Neon plz. and make them magic swamp beetles that give you bank access when you dbl click them. And make them invulnerable just in case those dastardly mean pk's try to kill them. We have people's feelings to consider here.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

6. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

From this thread: http://uorforum.com/threads/overland-spawns.4557/page-3#post-61707

Ups the Trammel Ante....

[​IMG]

Would be nice to see these spawning overlands....options don't have to be glaring neon.
    Unicorn/Nightmare...Silver Steed/Dark Steed...Fire Horse/Sea Horse
    [​IMG]

Perhaps you could add in the following horses on the NPC Vendors as a "Purebred Horse" with a chance to get a random of these horses. This would keep with the gold sink option while adding in new content. Start them at 2,000gp or something.

Arabian Horse

[​IMG]

Mustang Horse

[​IMG]

Friesian Horse

[​IMG]

Andalusian Horse

[​IMG]

Shire Horse

[​IMG]
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  7. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

550 gold sunk out of the economy at a time? LOL

You are kidding yourself if you think that is significant... Especially considering people's suggestions to raise the price.

and trust me... I am all for avoiding things that majorly change mechanics (anything that makes stuff "more trammy" definitely) ... I'm just not sure why you choose this fight... it seems... obtuse.

Is people being able to decide what color horse they get to ride really going to affect you in ANY way you can think of besides the supposed massive gold sink? (If not making the option expensive should be enough to put you on our side.)

Maybe... JUST MAYBE... you watched the butterfly effect one too many times.

I'm sure we can get one of UO:Rs many math nerds to come help you out.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    PaddyOBrien and Blaise like this.
  9. Christoph Brock

I've known people who have dropped over 3k to get the right color horse. On multiple occasions.
  10. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'd really like to know what these "consequences" are that have been cited. You know, in discourse, if you're going to pick a stance, actually backing up claims with relevant details might help.
  12. Christoph Brock

Inflation is a recurrent problem here and should be discouraged, but having said that, the specific figures are not important to me. The shard works fine as it is. Don't go messing with it in the name of catering to people who don't have to patience or money to get the exact horse they want. You give a newb an inch, and he'll take a mile. Like I said, we saw that happen years ago.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Judges have finished and the scores have been tabulated.

With the masterful display of both trolling and derailing a bonus has been applied. The final score is...

10 for @Alice !
  14. Christoph Brock

A WINNER! *ding ding ding ding*
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The shard worked fine before we added gumps warning people they were gating to someone's house.

The shard worked fine before you could bond more than one pet.

The shard worked fine before Ore Golems became the best ingot production option for "mining."

The shard worked fine before we had a Young player program.

The shard worked fine before you logged in.

The shard still works fine and will work exactly the same, even with another option on the stablemaster sales list.
  16. Judd

Judd New Member

You really like beating dead horses, don't you, Blaise?

I hope you're not expected everyone to agree with you. This is the Internet, after all.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Expecting* and no, if I expected that, I wouldn't post at all.

I just like conversation and discourse regarding topics of interest. If I have interest in something, I'll talk about it. I enjoy learning from others' perspectives and considering them in regards to my own. I know it's hard for most people to see it, but I do actually change my mind occasionally and have been known to agree with counter points in the past. That information doesn't suit the egos of people who like to put me on blast for being some narcissist who won't even hear other points of view. Those who aren't completely daft, realize that I'm not unchanging or blindly biased about anything, except purple.
  18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I"ve run to the stables only to find out i had already banked my gold, so since i'm too lazy to run back to the bank, I buy 5 or 6 horses which is enough to get the vendor to draw from your bank. I pick the one I want, and stable or release the rest in the streets haha. I do my share for the shard's economy. :cool:

PS - and yes I pick the "doo doo brown" horse everytime. Why? *shrugs*
  19. Christoph Brock

That's fine, Blaise. But considering this is UO:R, and we're in the Era subforum no less, what we should be talking about is how to keep the server accurate. Not change this and create that.

There are already other servers out there chock full of glittery, neon-colored, crystal-laden, Trammel-inspired garbage.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

No, we shouldn't be. This shard is not, and never has been, about era-accuracy. The goal is "history perfected" which loosely translated, means the best build of this era that can be managed in the eyes of administration. Accurate would literally negate the majority of changes the shard has undergone since inception. The subforum specifically states it is for discussion of suggestions. Get over it dude, you're absolutely wrong. No worries, I'm not offended or anything. I'm just correct.
    One likes this.