Housing wishlist and wistfulness

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Azerothian, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was chatting to @Pekka this evening about different types of houses in UOR and what we used to have in Malas back in paid on Europa and I got the urge to share. Feel free to ignore this post. I just needed to write this out.

I am not at all keen on stairs in houses. I also prefer houses with as few doors as possible. Therefore in UOR my best bet is a Large Brick with a couple of lockdown upgrades.

This is my large brick at the moment with all of my runebook library in the chests to the left of the main room until I can afford another lockdown upgrade (after another runebook bless deed).

[​IMG]

Now, My ideal house is the one I built using the custom housing system on the Malas shard on the Europa server back in 2000 or so. This is the view from the front:

[​IMG]

Note my filled runebook and runebook set vendor facing the wrong way, the lack of doors and the awesome custom housing teleporters. Also note the banner for our guild.

The ground floor (first floor in USian/American - I am a Brit):

[​IMG]

More teleporter goodness. Note my Large Patio influence without the annoying counter that cannot be removed.

The first floor (second floor in USian):

[​IMG]

The only doors in this house lead onto the balconies (yes, two), are almost invisible and were rarely used. The little houses were a collectible back then.

The second floor (third floor in USian):

[​IMG]

Ditto with the balcony door and collectibles.

The roof:

[​IMG]

If only, eh? I can't wait for the CuB reward teleporters as long as they can be secured like they used to be back then (Anyone, Friends, Co-owners or Owner-only, like a secure chest is now).

So. Now I have vented my housing frustration, wishes and memories. I feel a bit better now.
    Chadarius, Dr Satan, Pekka and 2 others like this.
  2. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Your houses are so lovely @Azerothian but you did also had a very nice Screenshot of you sitting next to another waterfall in another house, at a bench. Could you add that one as well as that is my favorite. :)
  3. Azerothian

Well the whole chunk of pictures of my Malas and Trammel housing adventures from back on Europa can be found here (I am so glad I saved them!) but I think you are thinking about this plot:

[​IMG]

With optional skinny dipping:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Pekka likes this.
  4. Azerothian

I did like playing around with a design for a shop mall but never got a chance to use it in anger:

[​IMG]
    Pekka and Bloodlust like this.
  5. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Yes @Azerothian . That's the one :D
    The shop is really cool as well, a shame though you never got to open it. :oops:

I rebuilt my 2 sandstone as I had 2 accounts and shared one house with a nice girl from Germany, Maja.

One house practical built with open workshop in the bottom floor and teleporter up to the closed floor where we stored stuff and also had a tailor workshop and I think it was in Yew. This is the shared house,

The other house I tried to build it impossible as an art object influensed by Salador Dali, I have no screenies left but I remember that I took a couple. I think Maja had access as well. :) I tried to get her start to play her at UOR and she did visit me in Ocllo in May one evening, but she play other games now.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017