How to be a Successful PK

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Pork Fried Rice, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bob likes this.
  2. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Nice pics, but where am I in these screenshots?

I see Wonton Soup, Chicken Lo Mein, and Spring Roll.

These would be the other Panda Guard players who quit when Chris intervened with our legitimate gameplay.
  3. Timelord

Timelord Active Member
    UO:R Donor

You must be back cause I saw you by my house today! I was going to jump out and say your guide kicks ass but I knew you would kill me lol. I haven't gotten up the balls to turn red yet but when I do it will be thanks to your tips... You rock Fried Rice kill on!
    Pork Fried Rice and Halabinder like this.
  4. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Wow. I knew this game had layers of complexity but damn. I know I would never be able to log enough hours to gain the muscle memory to use that many hotkeys and tactics. It really is impressive. Nice guide.
  5. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I have played so many templates in UO... and yet I still have to play a PK. Difference will be: I am going to PLAY a PK (and will probably suck) and you LIVE it.

Excellent guide, well written and it has shown me, after more than 15 years of UO experience, that I'm still a noob.
    One likes this.
  6. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Awesomeness bump.
    One likes this.
  7. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

Love the guide
  8. dissident

dissident Active Member

Great guide, thank you for sharing some of your secrets.

I agree with some people here saying that there is nothing worth of merit in PK'ing newbies -it is far easier than killing monsters. In RL we would call those PKs cowards, when they run away from a fight they are not completely sure they can easily win and only stalk and kill victims in such a calculated way, sneaking up to them and with all those dirty tricks. Pretending it helps the server is just delusional -if something, it harms the server when you PK disproportionate amounts of newbies, making them quit out of frustration and making the server population shrink, and therefore the possible donations that will hopefully keep it running. Not saying we should not PK newbies, just not pick on them. Also, the thing about provoking an unintentional murder count to a blue just out of rage because they escaped, is some of that childish behaviour that harms the server.

It is still ok to role play a cowardly psychopath that runs away from real fights, as described in this guide -I think I may try it myself after reading this guide, it may be fun-, but let's call things by their name, this is a guide on how to behave like a cowardly psychopath, not like a badass anything. You wanna be badass, try -and succeed- killing anything that wants to fight you, at least 1 on 1, and maybe only run when they clearly outnumber you.