How to GM Parry, By SneakyT

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SneakyT, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers
    UO:R Subscriber

So guys I thought since I was going to GM my parry I would just make a quick how to for anyone else if they needed / wanted to follow the same technique I used.

Materials I used to GM my parry:
    8 foot stools
    ~25 Bucklers (Any type of Shield will work, bucklers have a faster block rate so therefore i picked that shield type.)
    ~30 Fish Steaks (any food will suffice)
    4,000 Gold (this gold will be used for buying rats / cats from the 3 stable vendors you've chosen)
    3 Runes marked to 3 separate Stables
    ~1000 Bandaids ( I used less than this. But having extra is always better than not enough)
    A mage that can gate.
    A Healer.
    A mass curse scroll (if you can already cast mass curse with the character training up parry without the scroll that's even better)

When preparing to start your Parry you will need to have everything I already listed above at your disposal to make this painless and quick to setup.

Ok first thing you do is spread your stools out in a square, this is where you'll be gating all of your rats / cats that you buy.
    Make sure you DO NOT lock them down. If you lock them down the pets you release in the confined area will simply walk over the stools and go all over your house.

[​IMG]

First lock down a single corner stool. Position your character working Parry on the corner like you see me doing and unlock the stool once he's standing on the same tile as the stool. Release the stool once in position so it prevents critters from escaping. Ok now start gating in rats / cats you buy with your Mage from the stables. Don't let the gate close without getting back in because it's going to be annoying if you have to start over!

[​IMG]

Once you gate in all of your critters and you have your healer in place to keep you alive, simply cast mass curse with your Character that is about to GM parry. Make sure you tab out of combat so you do not start killing off rats / cats... This method only took me about 2 hours (if that) to GM parry.

[​IMG]

I'm not declaring this as the best possible way to GM Parry, but it's fast and cheap.
    I hope this guide will be helpful to others in the future.
  2. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Would this method work for GMing wrestling as well?
    Or would I start to hit back?
  3. SneakyT

Renaissance Volunteers

You can work Wrestling like this but it wont make the gains for it super fast or anything.
  4. Aegis

Aegis Member

wrestle is like any other fighting skill, you need to hit on something.
  5. SneakyT

Renaissance Volunteers

Yep, you'll be killing off your critters if you fight them. They are very weak.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

7. Steel_Reserve211

Steel_Reserve211 New Member

Cool guide didn't know about the stool trick thx SneakyT :mrgreen:
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Alternative Method:
    Equip buckler and attack 8 birds, but hit tab immediately after you attack them, so you avoid killing them.
    8 birds will completely surround you and you wil gain parry very quickly.
    Damage is practically nothing but pack some bandages or other healing method anyway, just in case. :)
    The smaller the bird, the better. Eagles hurt more ;p

Pack a couple extra bucklers just in case, but I don't think the beaks will wear it out that quick.
    Rickbrent likes this.
  9. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

I bet the first method is good, but I ended up using Blaise's method and it was insanely fast and only cost about 4-7 heater shields worth of money. Grab several heater shields, in occlo (safest place) and start attacking birds and then tab out of attack mode. Once they completely surround you and are attacking you...your parry WILL gain fast. Move on to another character and play while this is gaining.