Hunt for the Blue Blade - VoP Covetous Adventure

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, May 25, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Adventurers
    Bili the Ax – tasked with bringing the axes
    Sir Orrin – tasked with taunting the elder gazers and odor control
    Cortland Andrus – tasked with general shenanigans and insulting of Sir Orrin
    Catalin – tasked with bring the torches and fresh bandages
    Tasks left unassigned – holding gold, holding loot, not dying, calling out syncs

Catalin slipped his boots back on. He hated math, he was definitely no Mathmage. By his accounts, he still had 40 hands and 40 feet worth of skeletons to slay, just to summon one Revenant – and his blade wasn’t getting any sharper. He had heard word that a Revenant can sometimes drop its curious blue blade, and he wanted to try and get his hands on one.

He stood at the gates of Britain graveyard and continued hacking at the corrupted bones that continually tried to escape their graves. This was a perfect place to slay the undead and try to summon the Revenant, but he couldn’t help but wonder how such a thing could happen so close to the King’s borders. Was he not aware that the sacred resting places of his citizens were continually disturbed and desecrated so that the dead could not rest?

As the night grew dark, he made a call into the guild to see if anybody was around. To his surprise he received three replies: ‘Cortland from the northern desert reporting’ ‘Sir Orrin and Bili the Ax reporting!’

“My silver blade grows dull, and I could use your help finding a replacement!,” Catalin sent word to rally at the cemetery and from there they would seek out the Gazers in the dungeon of Covetous.

=====================================================================

The group easily made their way through the perilous and dark cavern halls. Catalin led the way to test all the flame pockets to make sure no one was seared by the sulfurous bursts of flame.

As they reached the Elder Gazer’s domain, Catalin called out “Ok, everyone, who did we put in charge of holding the loot?”

“Uhhhh, Catalin? You didn’t assign this to anybody,” came Cortland’s reply, “but if we pile it up here in the back of the cave, it is sure to be safe.”

Catalin nodded, “Brilliant plan Cortland! There’s no way this could go awry!" He then turned to Bili and Sir Orrin, "Lead those gazers into the torch light so we can get a better shot at their eyeballs, we'll provide medical treatment if they blast you."

And so they proceeded to pile the gold, and valuable armors on the pile of gold. Several times, the group scavenged up the pile up before Catalin finally ordered them all to put away their scavenger monkeys. “Come on lads, let’s put them away, no need to be weighing ourselves down.”

The gazers fell easily before the Quartet of Gazer Doom. The pile of gold grew, but no silver weapons were recovered – this time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lethius, Random, [Mobolin] and 2 others like this.
  2. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

[ooc]
    Are these types of adventures exclusive for those members of VoP or do you open them up to other roleplayers who would be interested in adventures? If so, do you post them somewhere ahead of time?
    [/ooc]
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Jupiter

I am open to adventure with anyone who has a brave heart. The primary concept behind Paws is to provide a way for folk to meet and adventure.

I usually post notices in IRC if I am planning an excursion. However this one like most others was impromptu and I had no clue it was going to happen myself until it was in full swing.
  4. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Do these quick adventures typically come through RP in your village? I was actually out that way over the weekend and took a walk around.
  5. Jupiter

They are usually determined by how many people I can find online when I start. I use IRC a lot.