I bought some mibs

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by JohnM, Nov 16, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

dunno bout you guys but actually fishing up a shipwrecked kraken without a net toss is damned rare... maybe 2 for me, like ever.
    Ahirman likes this.
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Mostly all of mine are fished up. I sale all my nets.
  3. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

i have fished up 11 amibs so far during this
    1 purple
    5 green
    5 blue
    Iago and ham like this.
  4. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

Back on using UOAM and spreadsheets. Where could I find said spreadsheet? Does that mean that you input all 2100 SOS lat/long values into the spreadsheet by hand? And, the spreadsheet auto-converts lat/long to UOAM X/Y coords? Then what do you do with the spreadsheet, that is, how do you get that info into UOAM? And finally, when you get the spreadsheet info uploaded into UOAM, all of the MIB/SOS locations show up as the blue pins?
  5. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

Here is the thread with a link to the spreadsheet inside it - http://uorforum.com/threads/messages-in-a-bottle-a-guide.10306/#post-87283

I made a copy of my own spreadsheet. If you are entering the coordinates, you will only need to enter the degrees and not the minutes. Just put a "0" in the minutes column.

So yes, I entered all 2100 into a spreadsheet by hand and pasted that into a UOAM file and then they show up as a dot in UOAM.

Besides dividing the maps into their quadrant, I also subdivided the maps by every 30 degrees and that gave me about 100ish maps to deal with. I only turned on that section in UOAM so I didn't have to deal with all 2100 spots at a time in my view. Once I fish up the mib, I right-click the dot and delete it.
    Iago likes this.
  6. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

Thanks JohnM...last question: since you only enter the degrees and not the minutes, how close do you have to be to a MIB/SOS location to be able to fish it up? I've been trying to fish the exact "dot" but feel this isn't necessary, but don't know how close i need to be. Thanks again for the info and your work on the 2100 MIBs (whew)
  7. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

I've never figured out how close you need to be, but it is quite a ways - 60 tiles has been mentioned.
    Iago likes this.
  8. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

60% completed

I've started combining the wands now, so reporting on full wands as well.

upload_2018-1-14_16-3-54.png
    Iago, compsays, wylwrk and 1 other person like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

BO AMIB's
    BO nets
  10. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

lol
    Iago likes this.
  11. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

Wow, the RNG gods must love me...I've "poled" up 2 shipwrecked krakens (Blue and Green AMIB/ASoS) in maybe 6 hours of fishing (triple-fishers)
  12. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

75% completed - stats when i regain my sanity.

I almost bought 750 more mibs - what was i thinking - obviously i wasnt
    Iago, compsays and Ahirman like this.
  13. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

Can't wait JohnM. I have tried your "madness", but with only about 40 mibs. It's a bit tedious to input all of the coords into the spreadsheet (I don'e know how you did that many!), but the resulting "pinned" UOAM is worth it. I found that if the pins become too dense in an area, you may not know which one you just fished up (since you can fish them up from up to 60 tiles away) and therefore not sure which one to delete on the map. My experience is roughly 3K per mib in pure gold and sold scrolls and low level magic items. That does not include higher end (Power and Vanq) weps nor "better" armor (Indestructible and Fortification) which might add 2K (or more) on average. Nor does it include Level 1 T-maps or Nets fished up either in the mib chest or as a result of fishing for the mib.. I fished up about 40 of each, so that might add another 3K on average. So, for me so far, it came out to about 8K per mib. Also, doesn't include one AMIB fished up from Shipwreck Kraken, Purple, so maybe another 100K, so 2.5K average (but can't count on AMIBs as they are rare to "pole" up). AMIBs can really drive the profitability of this activity. Besides coord entry, I found the most tedious part to be constantly sorting through what was fished up in the mib chest and then recalling to town with all 3 fisherman to sell stuff. You get heavy fast if you keep everything to sell. Nowhere near you but in any case, thanks for inspiring me to start major mib-fishing.
    compsays and Surfrats like this.
  14. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

i sort all the gems, scrolls, plat on the boat and take to the bank when full. I take all the rest to the house and sort it (with a macro) and ID it, then sort it again (manually)

shhh, dont tell people you get 8k per :)
    Iago, Valdoo, Surfrats and 1 other person like this.
  15. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

LoL, yeah, but a lot of time involved...both in the set-up and then the fishing/sorting/selling. I sort on the boat as well...one of my Fishermen is GM ID so I weed out the higher end weps and armor and place the rest in a sell bag...scrolls and gems in another...wands in the last (forgot to factor in the wands for profit...lots are trash, but the remaining ones do add up)
  16. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

i guess since one of my fisherman is gm id, i could do some additional sorting on the boat, but i'm pretty busy fighting serps to be honest.
    Iago likes this.
  17. Valdoo

Valdoo New Member

I can only imagine...with that number of mibs and their density you must be constantly fighting. My lesser density allowed more time to sort. I only have one fighter/fisherman, a GM mage with Peacekeeping. He can handle up to 3 monsters at once (serps, deep sea serps, kraken and shipwreck kraken...can not do Lock Lake Monster). One is easy. Three gets busy. At that point I have to tell the other to fisherman to stop, lol.
  18. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

85% completed - I've actually finished just over 2100 (2128) so far - entering overtime for the ones i fished up doing the first 2100.
    Iago, Valdoo, compsays and 1 other person like this.
  19. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

OOPS - gotta answer correctly

upload_2018-2-19_15-36-6.png
    Iago, Ahirman and ham like this.
  20. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All those moongates look new. I don't remember those.