I cannot believe this...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ciet, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Ciet

Ciet Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Well not sure if my Fortress decayed or what, but thats 2m lost. I am out. Have fun guys... I am quite upset... it was there last night... Now small houses.. UGH!

Been fun.
    Not sure its really worth it anymore. I was spending far too much time and really have been unimpressed by the people as of late. Might be giving away a ton of gold/items/rares in next few days.
  2. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Was that your place on Dagger that everyone was all fighting over last night? What a horrible loss man. I accidentally let a castle IDOC on Sonoma once. I feel for you.
  3. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

Nope it was near wrong. I was supposed to refresh it today/tomorrow and I guess it fell early?
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

The keep that decayed last night was Ebola Virus/diebytheflyguy/U LiNt LiCkEr's...surely not the same person.

*on dagger isle
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm just going by name here, but surely this is a step back in the right direction!
  6. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

Huh? What exactly are you implying?
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you Ciet...

You probably won't care too much for me after this, but might I say on behalf of the rest of us, we the community aren't much impressed with you either.

What other responsibilities of yours shall we bear on our shoulders? How did you Fortress decay I wonder? Always waiting to the last day to refresh it? It seems like you were already absent or playing on the edge of never.

I'm sorry, but when I see posts like this wherein you ask the community to bear responsibility for your forgetfulness, that just irks me. If a structure in Paws falls, guess who will take the blame for it: me. If a building in Paws falls it is for one reason: I'm not actively playing and therefore what's the point of having the property anyways? If you're already flirting on the edge of never playing just cash in your property or sell it and come back when you're interested again. Don't sit there and refresh it on the last day every time.

If you're done playing that's fine, but please keep your very narrow-sited view of the community to a minimum.

The only thing I've seen from you since I've been around is you sit on the sidelines and criticize and analyze everyone, but not once have I seen a story come out of Winterfell. I wanted to. I've wanted to see great things happen, but in order for us to know you were even there you have to DO something. You have to make yourself KNOWN. People aren't just going to see your vision if you don't share it with them and memorable guild towns aren't built without time.

Does this disqualify me from receiving your vast treasures? Probably, but I wouldn't want them after you accuse all of us for being responsible for your Fortress falling and for your lack of enjoyment here.

I've enjoyed my time here thoroughly. I've found fulfilling RP, I've found massive amounts of useful content to expand RP, and the PvP is well balanced to give dorks like me a shot in a fight.

I had fun the few times we adventured. I sincerely did. Be well in your endeavors, be brilliant, but please don't accuse us of being at fault for your lack of fulfillment here.

- Jupiter Greystone.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

:eek:

Jupiter mad *chest thump

Also, Ciet, can I have your stuff :p
  9. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

You know, it wasn't so much the fact that I really forgot that did not impress me. It was the constant help I gave people and really how lone wolf I have felt. I've helped this community, and it's gotten me nothing but my house broken into, and no real friends on here. I thought that you might have been a friend and it wasn't my intention to lay blame on people like you for the truly poor performance of my guild, as I am a sole member, but really I haven't felt at home here. I've tried a few different play styles, helped a player in need by sending some help irl, given some money and advise to new players, even applied to be a counselor to see if maybe I could restore some of my confidence. I've just been tired out by some of the newer people here and griefed because I guess I didn't make enough of an effort to make friends here.

Was it my fault for not friending you so that your visits could yeild a refresh, sure. It is my fault. I'm not laying blame for my possessions being neglected by me. I am totally grieving the countless hours I put in getting that damn fortress and it made me complacent once I got it. So please excuse the anger. I've been doing other things outside of uor lately, and have been struggling with some other issues, and I know my posts Have come off as crass.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but if all my stuff disappeared, I'd see it as a relief and a fresh challenge. No, I'm not going to intentionally scrap everything and start over but it has nothing at all to do with my motivation to play or support those who wish to do the same here.

Of all the people who came on board with me, I think I might have cared the least about what was left behind in the old lands.

In any regard, I have no idea what you've done here on the grand scale but if anything at all, I commend you for those efforts despite your departure over some pixels lost.

Fare well and may fortune and fun find you wherever you go!

As for recent changes in community, if you want to play in Feluccia.....you've got to accept the good with the bad. That's the inherent detail of Feluccia that makes it truly Ultima Online, to me.
  11. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

I am not arguing the finer points of Felluca. I just have no friends here. Really. What is the point of playing this game without friends? My play time is usually at night, and everyone has their "gig" and asking people to join that I know, they are already time strapped with the guilds they are in. Call it what it is. Blaise, thanks for your help. You were great when I first started, and you have continued to be the rational voice in the forums and otherwise.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Ciet, just want to clarify above Dalavar is just making a joke at how the server is better for Ebola Virus's houses decaying. Nothing against you.

I'd like to think I understand how you feel, by the way, all around. My guild stopped being as active because we didn't like the pvp scene at the time and it could have easily been one of our houses that decayed if it wasn't for having several people to help refresh. I didn't get the feeling that you were blaming the server for your house falling, just that you weren't enjoying it so much to work towards it again.

Sorry to say that I didn't know you very well, but aside from talking on IRC myself and my guildmates can be super cliquish (so much so, that it was like pulling teeth for our faction allies to get us in the same vent with them, and I truly doubt anyone but me can name the members of TT because they don't socialize with anyone else.)

I'm sorry to see anyone go, even those that were my rivals like kerigan or ebola. So I'm doubly sorry you are leaving this fine server.

If you did have the desire to play, though, I have no doubt you could earn back that fortress status quickly. You know, if you ever find yourself motivated again :)

You have the characters already. In any case, take care!
  13. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

It's 2M, and even at that it was just a house. Just get over the money aspect and get back to playing.

Quickest way to make friends is to join a guild and get out there playing. Real life always comes before this game but you can't place the blame on your house falling on anyone else other than yourself. Your fort has been in my IDOC book for a while now (West of Wrong) because of the many times it has gone fairly or more.
  14. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I refresh weekly in case there is a server restart or something crazy and unexpected.

Also, Blaise the rational voice on the forums? Pass on what you're smoking please and thank you :mrgreen:
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

LOL, stfu Wise!
    I also refresh on a weekly basis or as close to that as possible. Any longer than that and I get anxiety over it. :p

I always considered you a friend, or in the very least, friendly. Sorry you're taking it hard and walking away. It's your call but I think if you had spent more time partying with people instead of grinding away for gold to buy that fortress, perhaps you'd have stronger ties here than a house. Not saying people are always available for a party but the more you ask, the more you find. You know anyone you find in the Village of Paws is game for an adventure and if you can catch A^T when they're not grinding like pixel addicts, we're almost always welcoming of other players with us out in the field.

Anyway, don't give up. Come back, play more, meet more people and let the shit roll off. Word.
  16. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I guess I could have reigned in my original reply. I must admit I let the RL seep into my reply a little too much.

I took your mention that you are not impressed with the community personally. As just before this post I was adventuring with 2 new people I'd never met before and with whom I had a great adventure.

That is the main thing I took issue with. I for one am very impressed with the community here.

Ciet, it will be a sad thing to see you go. I apologize for my first response. It wasn't intended as vitriol, but an open expression of my disapproval for stating the community isn't up to par with your expectations.

It wasn't warranted and you didn't deserve that. I would delete my original post, but all that would do is delete the text; it could not undo the hurt I may have caused you.

I would like it to be known that I considered you an outstanding individual. I won't forget our infiltration of the dungeon Wrong, our slaughtering of frozen giants, nor your brave endeavor to defend the lands of Winterfell. If you do find a way to return, I hope you will forgive me for my initial response.

- Jupiter Greystone
  17. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

You still have your characters and can always rebuild, though maybe not to such grandeur. It sounds as though you still have a nest egg set aside so we aren't likely to see you be reduced to begging in the streets of Britain. I haven't been here long and really don't know anyone but Balla, but I would be happy to tromp through the wilds with you. Any modest assistance I can give you will be my pleasure. Based on what folks have said, it sounds like you are someone that we ought to keep around. Don't leave over this.
  18. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Yes, to be clear, I have no recollection of ever running into Ciet or "Ebola Virus" in the game, and know nothing of their playstyles or behavior. My post was a play on the elevated chance that someone who named themselves "Ebola Virus" was the type of person that Ciet didn't like seeing here.

So now that I explained the joke, who's good for a pity laugh? Anyone?
  19. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

haha!

Ceit, your fortress decayed yes, but from what I saw (which was when it was idoc), there was nothing inside it, so you aren't really out much. Just dust off your lich farming gear and you'll have another one in a week.
  20. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

If you decide to stick around or come back please consider hanging your hat in Stormhold. I think you'd fit right in and I trust you understand how neccessary a community of like minded folks is to creating something like a player-run town. We could use the help.