IDOC thoughs

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Eskull, Mar 31, 2017.

Current IDOC system

1. Should be left as it is

60.6%
  2. Items should be destroyed with a house

18.2%
  3. Spot should be randomly selected between signed up players who turn in appropriate deed

3.0%
  4. Other choice in comments

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eskull

Eskull Member

For now, IDOC hunt is just automatic bots and "whoever's guild will bring more dragons" kind of thing, which may seem fair for some, but may be discouraging for others.
    That leads me to these two ideas:
    1) It would be fair if all items were destroyed with the house, so all what's left is just a blank spot, so no unneeded violence and personal items (e.g. birthday cakes, named statues, etc) are gone forever.
    or even better
    2) When house turn into IDOC, why not make it a need/greed kind of thing? Make a gump with signup, when people turn in their house deeds that may suit that exact place (same size or smaller) and at the end, RNG selects the winner, depositing keys into their bankbox. If you don't need the spot - no need to sign up, and top guild with a fortress deed may still loose to a newbie with a small thatch house. 17 hours is way enough time to sign up for people throughout multiple time zones, so they won't wake up in the middle of the night for it.

What do you think?
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I think it would be neat if all containers broke and dropped the loot on the ground, requiring people to manually grab items rather than easily gating them through. That way even new players could have a chance to dash in and grab something, and the idoc groups would have to spend more time and effort to control it. I have respect for their organization but it would give more people a chance to grab something since objects would have to be sorted through on site
    Eskull likes this.
  3. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Remain as is.

I simply don't see enough people showing up at IDOCS to justify a change, having placed 3 towers this month relatively uncontested. I too have respect for the idoc groups, but because they are taking advantage of mechanics that anybody else can copy.
    Pirul and Eskull like this.
  4. Eskull

Eskull Member

Even though I like the idea, can you imagine the lag it will cause?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. Eskull

Eskull Member

Sadly, there are people who can afford placing big houses, even keeps but can't afford fighting groups who's whole purpose is IDOC.
    Not all people love playing in groups.
  6. Vandalin

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I always go solo and enjoy myself. I die, lots, and it's all ok in the end.
    Pirul likes this.
  7. Eskull

Eskull Member

That's what I meant: if you play alone - you may not have a chance against organized groups you are competing with.
    As you said, most of the times they only care about the loot, but what if they want to place? Yeah, you may have outwit em couple of times on medium/large buildings, but definitely not on larger scale. If they want to loot a falling fortress and place above it - it'll be a bloody massacre for sure.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This is Ultima Online Renaissance

Earn your struggles
    Fight for your desires
    Band together and face your adversaries
    If you cannot do these things
    Than be happy with your wattle and daub
    and savor the bones as you dine on broken meats

A King's castle is built on a foundation of war

If you wish to test this, I am dropping a small house of loot this evening. I will announce the exact time and hint at the location.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Orion GM BD, Pirul and Vandalin like this.
  9. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

All you need is one person with a newbied axe and you can cause a lot of confusion there.

Practically everything in this game is better done with an organized group... it's an MMO. I think the only valid complaint is that the perhaps afk macroing the house sign is lame (it is). We (cA) fought with idoc guild twice recently, not on purpose but just sort of stumbled onto the opportunities, and we won one, lost the other (but still got millions in loot). Both were fun time.

If you're just worried about who's getting the most loot and not able to organize a group for this, you're going to have a bad time.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  10. Vandalin

This is the issue for me. People just don't show up. Anyone can idoc by doing 2 things:

1. get a timer (easy)
    2. show up (easy)

I see very few people doing at least one of these things. I don't agree with changing game mechanics for people who don't even engage in the activity. I think it's that simple. The idoc system IS fair and balanced because the same options are available to everyone. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any strong arguments to the contrary.
    Pirul likes this.
  11. Vandalin

As it should be! Why should it be easy to roll up solo and place a fortress without a bloodbath? I haven't had a chance to even come close to that sort of situation, but win or lose I'm sure it would be a cool experience.
    Orion GM BD and Pirul like this.
  12. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

You are so misinformed it is not even funny. Once again we have a solo player thinking that the game should bend to their will, rather than the will of an entire group DEDICATED to this. You guys come to the shard and see a Greatly house and think your about to get a nice score. So you invest all your time in sitting and doing NOTHING. Then at drop, you get smoked and its game over. So yea, YOU made the bad choice to invest your time SITTING!!!!! You could have macro'ed a char and went into the world and EARNED your way. The amount of wizard tears shed upon IDOCing is enough to fill Sosaria's oceans 3x over.

Oh and I forgot to mention. ALL the tactics used by this group have been looked over in great detail by @Chris, you know the guy that run this place. So if he says its legit, then maybe you should believe it & stop throwing shade?
    Orion GM BD and Pirul like this.
  13. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have not heard truer words in a long time!!
    PaddyOBrien and Vandalin like this.
  14. Eskull

Eskull Member

If you read closely - that's why I advocated for abandoning the looting part altogether. House falls - all items get deleted with it.
    Instead of transferring loot from one owner to another - they just disappear making items in active player's hands more valuable.
    No loot - no need to fight, except for the spot, and that's where I suggested a random selection from a signed up list.
    No bots, no sitting, no waiting.
  15. Larloch

No I get it. You cannot see how you can compete so you try and rally everyone else to get the whole system removed. The funny part is how much you people bitch about how you would like to IDOC if it was fair...... @TrojanCow continues to put out detailed guides on how to IDOC!!! Educate yourself and improve your game play, not your thread writing skills.
  16. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

It's a garbage, it seems to me it's an ordinary surprise element that makes people make harsh decisions. This is a manifestation of pure interest and a desire for profit, and for some, the cause of all is killed and traced by a timer! In any case, this is a fan and part of the life process in the world of UO development options for events can be set, the goal is always the same, satisfying the healthy interest and the opportunity to earn!

But how and with the help of what it is to achieve, this is the boundary of mine that we must talk about. Legally or illegally, someone checked personally, and someone has a timer ...

The rules of the game should be the same for everyone. I think that things should not be destroyed with the house, let them attract people, and there as it goes. In the end it's fun.
  17. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's not a fun system for most people. That's why they stay out of it. Very experienced vets tried their hands on it and did beat the dominating IDOC group already from time to time. The main problem for competing groups is that this system sucks and drains the spirits of most normal players. Most people don't want to play like this (i.e. managing automated bots, and stomping unprepared people at IDOCs), and these that do tend to end up in the dominating IDOC group (IDERP).

But naturally the IDOCers that earn easy millions without much competition and while being afk most of the time cycle of an IDOC, don't want any change to the system. They enjoy it like it is. But the system isn't accepted by the broad player base. However, Staff made it clear in many previous threads that they want to stick to this mechanics. There won't be any change.
    Kalvasflam, One, Xegugg and 3 others like this.
  18. Kiryana

<<<< Yes IDDOC inequality, I meant the destruction of the house and the things that remain after, it creates a healthy interest around and it's good. Methods of obtaining these items are different and I'm not saying that I'm at the counter, you want to take part in marauding, come, track, fight and if you need to perish!

Automatic bots and counters in the bonfire !!
  19. Kiryana

But if one of the few ways to get rid of this system is the radical destruction of a house with entrails, let it be so!
    snap dragon likes this.
  20. Larloch

:D

Not sure if this is a translator or just how you speak, but either way, made my day!