IDOC thoughs

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Eskull, Mar 31, 2017.

Current IDOC system

1. Should be left as it is

60.6%
  2. Items should be destroyed with a house

18.2%
  3. Spot should be randomly selected between signed up players who turn in appropriate deed

3.0%
  4. Other choice in comments

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What's an IDOC? o_O
  2. Eskull

Eskull Member

Once again: not everyone likes pvp, lots of people hate it. It doesn't mean you have to force it on em if they want to enjoy the game.
    So it's totally justifiable that people would like more balance for non-violent style of play, especially for housing. It was and will always remain the hottest topic for people to bitch about, cause apart from everything else in the game - housing is truly limited, unless they open other facets which definitely won't happen.

Houses "In Danger Of Collapsing". http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-home-ownership.6057/#post-46134
  3. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Then stay away from IDOC's? Are you asking for a trammel style of house decay, like where we can all show up holding hands and just whoever is the fastest looter gets the items? Then people will start bitching about scavenger agent on razor and its not fair!!

I guess this is a situation where, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"......and don't go to the forums to bitch either.
  4. Eskull

Eskull Member

I advocate for dropping items with the house: no one gets the loot. That's not trammel at all, but it's not fitting IDOC'ers narrative.
    And for god's sake, what part of "there's a limited amount of houses that can be placed on server, while everything else is virtually unlimited" did you miss? Removing the "loot" interest would make people hunt IDOCs only for house placements which it should be in the first place.

You do realize this is not Trash Talk forum? Chill out!
  5. Iron

Iron New Member

I don't think it should change at all, I'm more of a PvM player, so I stay away from that aspect of the game for now, plus the fact that I'm new. I have played on other servers that are similar, and have known people that made plenty off of IDOC hunts. I see no point in destroying items, potentially extremely rare items, just to void a conflict. Plus, the housing market doesn't need it. Want a tower, or a keep, but, don't like the risk of IDOC groups? Save up, and buy one off of the forums.

Last note, my brother use to hunt IDOCs on other servers. I mentioned to him what you said about tamers taking them and he laughed. Most of the time it would be him and one friend would kill the tamers and their pets with magery ans melee.
    Kiryana likes this.
  6. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Don't waste your energy man.

Enjoy UOR for what it currently is because the chances of change are about as high as winning the powerball while making out with Kate Beckinsale. There is an infinitely large list of awesome things you can do here. If you don't like the IDOC system, find something else to do! The IDOC group is severely dedicated. If the system changed, that dedication would be applied to the new system and they would likely still crush it.

Also, I wholeheartedly disagree with the destruction of items! Not only because rares are awesome, but most of these guys have other copies of those rares. If you start destroying the duplicates, what they currently have is just worth more.

It is what it is.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Iron likes this.
  7. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

I'm a newb to the server... but following these posts... I voted for 'other'.

Update this rule from this: You may not click house signs as a ghost unattended.

To This: You may not click house signs as a ghost unattended.

Majority of the problem solved.

I have no evidence to prove otherwise, but it would be very easy to run VM's and VPN's to automate the majority of the world by 1 single person. Even still... it would be very hard to catch people doing this.

This is something that if caught doing, no jail, insta-ban.

You could program many checks for this, but I think the dev's have more important features to worry about.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    BlackEye likes this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-droppening.22863/

THERE, a month planning and here you go... a PLANNED IDOC that I announced this morning.

Been watching it all day and it's the same group of ballers preparing for war out here as usual and none of the complainers.
    Vandalin, snap dragon and Lyta like this.
  9. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

You cannot use a ghost to get a timer here already.

Telamon also has the means and does check for "vpn scripters" running IDOC zones. He caught one back when I was IDOCing.
  10. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

I'm saying, remove the "as a ghost" from these rules, so you cannot legally use unattended bots to run around and do it while "alive".

Your already not allowed to gain resources, afk. Information such as house decay times could probably be considered a "resource".

Manually running around checking timers is one thing, even writing macros so while you sit at your keyboard and watch it... but fully automating it while AFK, taking screenshots with OCR that gets posted to shared spreadsheets all automatically... kinda ruins the spirit of the game, as seen with the amount of posts these topics have received in the past couple days.
    One, BlackEye and Eskull like this.
  11. Eskull

Eskull Member

or even better: only show decay status to (co)owners/friends?
    One likes this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Eskull and Kiryana like this.
  13. Eskull

Eskull Member

I lean more towards world exploration rather then timed recalls. Same with rares/mares.
    But I guess you're right: you can't please everyone and I failed to understand that.
    People will always find the way to exploit system and trying to please everyone will eventually end up pleasing no one.
    Power of rational discussion prevails. Voted "left as it is".

Thanks everyone for participating!
    One and Kiryana like this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

Eskull likes this.
  15. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Remain as is.

QUIT FUCKING CRYING.
    Larloch and bart simpson like this.
  16. One

One Well-Known Member

17. One

One Well-Known Member

snap dragon and bart simpson like this.
  18. Mandevu

Hold on. I'm childish for telling people to quit crying because they can't/too lazy to figure out how to compete at IDOC's? How many threads have been made about this? How many times do people come on here bitching and moaning about a certain mechanic that they now want changed because it's not "fair" to them? And i'm the child? You know what results in an empty server? Catering to a bunch of whiny little kids who kick and scream when they don't get their way. Not sure what difference it makes if I play every hour of every day, or if I play in spurts because that's the only time I have, but I've been here since beta and have seen many changes take place that were, imo, not for the good, because a small group of people kept whining about something they couldn't handle. It's not as if the dominant players have some advantage over the others, it's that they figured out what works and are using it to the fullest capability. I watch these other kids line up over and over without changing a single tactic, repeatedly get ran into the ground, and then they give up and come in here to complain that something needs to change. Reality is, if they actually sat down and figured out a system that works, and utilized it in the same method, they would be a lot better off.

The only change I would be in favor of, is to make the timer changes from fairly, to greatly, to idoc fall within a "random" time window, and not an exact timer each time it shifts from one phase to the next. At least that way you wouldn't be able to get a 1-5 min window on when the house will fall, but tbh with you, I still think it won't change anything. The results will still be the same, and people will still complain because they figure they can just show up and sit at a house for hours waiting for it to fall, get a bunch of free loot, and waltz on out scratch free. That's what people really want. Instead, they are completely unorganized, show up and stand next to houses for hours with their thumbs up their ass, and then when they get rolled up on they throw a fit because they just wasted all that time for nothing. And that's exactly what happens over and over again, and the same people do it repeatedly expecting different results each time. It's mind numbing.
    Pirul, Larloch and One like this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Mandevu

You in the Arctic, eh?
    One likes this.