IDOC thoughs

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Eskull, Mar 31, 2017.

Current IDOC system

1. Should be left as it is

60.6%
  2. Items should be destroyed with a house

18.2%
  3. Spot should be randomly selected between signed up players who turn in appropriate deed

3.0%
  4. Other choice in comments

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eskull

Eskull Member

@Mandevu just to get this clear: if server would drop logout disappearance, blessed items, house security and add ability to lockpick player houses, add access to player banks, ability to kills/steal from player vendors, destroy player houses with earthquake spell and new huge dedicated 24/7 thieving pk guild appear who would trash ALL stolen items just for fun - would that be considered ok too?
    "Can't compete - get the fuck out or stop bitching" or "there's got to be some limits"?
    Where's the line?
    One likes this.
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Mandevu/Clyde is like low budget sandro :p
    One likes this.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

How is anything you just said remotely comparable to me saying you're just too lazy, and/or incapable of figuring how to compete at an IDOC? Not a single point you just made is of any relevance whatsoever to the current IDOC situation. Basically, you don't have a proper system in place for gathering timers, and you don't have a proper group to help reinforce it even if you did, so your response is to change the mechanics. That's hardly reasonable when you're seeming to suggest that "destroying someone's house with an earthquake" is the same as a group of highly coordinated players who run a round the clock system of obtaining IDOC timers, all within the same rules that apply to you and everyone else.
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  4. Eskull

Eskull Member

I've already agreed, that current IDOC system may not be the best, yet you can't please everyone, read before replying.
    But you still avoided the question. Where is the line between hardcore and optimal gameplay? Cause you definitely can figure out how to organize and coordinate a 24/7 maradeurs guild, destroying all houses, looting player banks and killing offline players.
  5. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

The line is where it needs to be, and it has been reinforced many times over by the GM of the shard. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this? Accept the fact the system is not going to change. The more you replay back about it the more I truly think you have a mental issue and should have yourself checked out, ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

TF are you talking about? Seriously. How is this even remotely close to being related?

Like I said, about the only change you could make is to have the window from when a house goes from greatly to IDOC be random instead of exact. However, unless you have a coordinated group that is equally as skilled/capable, you're still going to keep losing. I'm sorry that you're currently unable to freely reap hoardes of precious loot with little to no hassle.. That's not everyone else's problem. That's yours.

Changing the mechanics won't change the outcome for you. But to suggest that, "oh it's not fair because one group of players actively monitors all zones for housing timers, and then successfully defends/loots those zones better than everyone else, and is therefore unfair - is somehow equivalent to being able to destroy houses with a spell, or loot people's banks," is another level of dumb. I too am questioning your rationality, not because there may be a more reasonable change to how IDOC timers work, but because of your repeated comments of absurdity that are not even close to comparable.

It's kind of like saying, "oh well group A is better than group B, C and D in the field, and wins nearly every combat engagement, so clearly the mechanics are not fair. We need to change how spells work in general so that everyone has a more equal chance. No. The issue isn't the mechanics, the issue is your capability, or lack thereof, to execute the current mechanics at the same level of effectiveness as your opponent. And then, to go a step further, your reason for justification is to liken it to the things which you have recently mentioned, more than once now, is baffling to say the least.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. Eskull

Eskull Member

Read the thread before you post.

It's not related! I specifically stated that IDOC conversation is OVER. It baffles me that you and Larloch are still failing to notice that.

Again, no. If you read the thread closely - I agreed with you. All I'm talking about now are your constant "stop bitching" complaints. I specifically proposed a far extreme situation to ask your opinion about the limits where it's actually logical for people to have some reasonable doubts and they will start to complain, while others may have a great time exploiting these mechanics and call others names for not following it. Does this explanation of my question make more sense to you?
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Information is not considered a resource. The rest is fluff.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

11. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

12. One

One Well-Known Member

13. LeeUK

LeeUK New Member

Just thought I would put my two pence in, even though I am new here. It sounds to me that the IDOC system is the classic one seen on most shards right? in which case I would agree that it is perfectly fine, it has always worked. The only flaw with the system itself is when it's combined with a shard like this, where PvP does not seem to be a huge factor and that we have one dominant group with what sounds like to me, unorganized ( or at least under organized ) contenders to face them. You can't solve this problem by just throwing a rock at it and "nerfing" it so the dominant group cannot get that loot anymore, that seems like a very sour result IMO. How it can be solved is that players should be encouraged more to PvP, everywhere and anywhere. The more PvP going on, the more chance you have of groups forming up, becoming organized and competing with other groups like this.
    Pirul likes this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. Even if changes were to be made, there will always be a dominant group. Just because players are failing to team up and put in the required effort does not mean the game is broken. I don't belong to an idoc group but it sounds like a lot of people think what they do is easy. To me it sounds like they treat it like a job and work it around the clock to get results. To me that doesn't sound fun, but of course those people deserve what they get for the work they put in. Can we keep in mind they aren't exploiting anything?

Randomizing timers or whatever won't change anything. The same people will keep showing up and the people that don't show up now probably still won't show up.
    Pirul likes this.
  16. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I agree, but people seem to keep bringing it up! Just trying to educate them on what the server considers correct.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

18. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Yep! IDOCing is only one aspect of the game. So much energy seems to be wasted on it. Plenty of other things to enjoy.
    One likes this.
  19. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Guys I cant solo champs on my pure dexxer... can we talk about making the game fairer for me?
    Nightwolf likes this.
  20. One

One Well-Known Member