If Trammel is the destination, just how far along the path are we?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Plankton, Sep 14, 2015.

Within UO:R, how far along are we to the full-blown, neon blinding Candyland that is Trammel?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2015.
  1. 10%

32 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. 20%

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 30%

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. 40%

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. 60%

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 70%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 80%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. 90%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. 100%

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horatio

Horatio Active Member

Love it.

“You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years were rrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes.”
    wylwrk likes this.
  2. Kishember

Kishember Active Member

UOR is an excellent compromise. No-one mentioned Occlo (!) which is a neat way to give new players a sheltered start in the game. II can't think how it could be better balanced. The designers of UOR have done a great job.
    Avery, Basoosh and newme like this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How you define it suits you're own perspective. The shit I have in my bags, the majority of it existed in era. Pretty colored clothing, etc. I did in fact balk at blessed runebooks and ethereals when I got here but I'm not going to gimp myself on the big spoils either. Those should have been early warning signs that things would be made more and more gravy around here and very very short on salt.
    I don't know when those turd crystals were introduced but I'd be willing to wager it was a far cry from when I logged off of OSI permanently in 2000.
    AnRobot- likes this.
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Forget the few items, the gameplay is more important!

The real problem is, that the gold per hour isn't connected to the risk. It's fine when you only make 30k per hour doing MIBs on a boat (no risk).

It's not fine, when you are capped at 60-80k per hour with a high-end slayer swinging, high amount of attention demanding dexxer/bard combo risking 100k+ while any idiot tamer makes more cash, plats and boss kills with near-zero risk (statloss IS zero risk, you dont lose any value).

Btw, nobody is risking any slayers right now. I mentioned it in another thread, I havent seen anybody wield even a medium slayer in a monster spot or dungeon since months. Only notable exceptions: FFA guild and battle miners, who perfectioned their techniques of using their mining houses to get 99.9% safe gameplay and/or buy themselves peaceful times by paying RRG taxes. Sure I might be missing some dexxers, but you get the idea. All hot spots are full with Two-dragon-One-Mare Tamers.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Maltman, Xegugg and Melochabre like this.
  5. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I farmed a few hundred thousand gold off liches/GYs with a +25 vanq silver kat before my house went down in a blaze of glory...

I still often bust out the +20 force silver katana.

But it is no surprise that I'm the exception.
    Maltman and AnRobot- like this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the FFA have no arrangements with the RRG and have openly farmed several hotspots and even a champ or two, with midrange or better slayers. Not all of us, but not all of us have high end slayers lying around.

We perfected our technique of having a group of battle ready players who, oddly enough, have yet to be seriously assaulted that I'm aware of.
    AnRobot- likes this.
  7. BlackEye

Blaise, I meant the battle miners, naturally.

And lol Mindless, you are some guy wielding a perfect silver vanq. I know there are some hardcore dexxers out there and I regularly wield my +20 vanq silver short spear too. I just haven't seen anybody in any hot spot since months. And I am looking.
    Maltman, AnRobot- and Mindless like this.
  8. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

We're out there I just think most (soloers) have perfected a hyper-awareness of others and are ready to stow the slayers or recall out. It is a nerve-wracking experience carrying really nice slayers around, though.
    AnRobot- and BlackEye like this.
  9. Mindless

I must admit that if I EVER stumbled upon your character while wielding it, I'da probably recalled home and stashed it for at least a few days.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

We also mine in the FFA on occasion. ;)
  11. BlackEye

I try to stay in the shadows and would recognize players recalling e.g. warned by tracker toons.

What I wanted to say is, there is a huge gap between risk and gain per hour. And when there is no serious risk for players, they play in a Trammel scenario (my definition of Trammel). And it get's really bad, when these zero-risk gameplay styles yield the highest value per hour and can compete in nearly all world events.
    Maltman, Xegugg, Blaise and 1 other person like this.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

When the only reason to play a once viable template, is RP, things are bad mmmkay.
    Maltman, Alice Asteroid and AnRobot- like this.
  13. Mindless

I 100% Agree.
  14. BlackEye

Btw, let's check the Despise Champ thats going on right now. How many dexxers will I find?

Update: Ooops, am I the reason Reds came in? :)

Oh well, 4 to 5 tamers out of 6? Rest mages.
    Maltman and Mindless like this.
  15. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Opportunity cost. If my pets take stat loss, I'm either (a) farming at a lower efficiency, or (b) stopping farming to re-train them (costing time and bandages).
  16. BlackEye

You know that's not the whole story. Everybody is facing that loss. And instant re-training and stopping your farming session isnt necessary at all. You simply re-train over night when you are done farming.

Btw, the champ is at the last skull. *g*
    Maltman likes this.
  17. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Right. See (a). 5% slower farming until I macro those stats back up on my pets.
  18. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Can you macro stats that're unraisable?

Or are we talking about skills here rather than stats?

What if your dragon was 825 str and when it died, it lost 2.5% stat -> down to 807. Weren't mechanics allowing you to train up to 100 in each stat?
  19. BlackEye

Nymeros, it's called stat loss but isnt STAT loss. It's just skill loss, which can be macro'd easily. And Dalavar is acting like people dont have a dragon pool of at least 10 near perfect dragons... and as if a skill loss of 2.5% means 5% less dmg. Even I, without having a tamer know better than that.
    Maltman likes this.
  20. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

To go along with the Holiday 1 hour instanced events, aren't there "real world" events? I remember having some good fights and stealing in Skara Brae couple years back. I don't think those are a big enough impact to cry Trammel. The CTF games are cool and pull people to have fun that wouldn't otherwise, so it is happening there, or it isn't at all. It has to be instanced to work the way it does, so complaining about that doesn't make much sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.