If Trammel is the destination, just how far along the path are we?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Plankton, Sep 14, 2015.

Within UO:R, how far along are we to the full-blown, neon blinding Candyland that is Trammel?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2015.
  1. 10%

32 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. 20%

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 30%

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. 40%

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. 60%

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 70%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 80%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. 90%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. 100%

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi, Jack! What did you do to Blaise? :p
  2. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Trammel to me is about the ruleset. Instanced stuff outside of the real world doesn't bother me...to a point...because the world is still Felucca. Colors and items of no function(crystals, etc...)? Holiday events? Who cares? The are solely for fun. Get over it.

Anywho, with Blaise and Faber playing...100% Trammel.

Ignoring them, 20%...because of blessed runebooks mostly.
    newme likes this.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

1. Pets are public on website. The minority have 10 trained dragns.

2. Anyone who does have 10 dragons trained up, so they can suffer skill loss and get back to farming, pre-spent the time to train them. Whether you spend this time finding and taming and training dragons ahead of time or after you suffer loss is irrelevant. The time is spent.

3. 2.5% less hits (wrestling) and 2.5% less damage (tactics), plus anatomy and magery and eval int... Yes it adds up to 5% slower. I have a tamer, I did the math, i tested... and you claiming differently in the same breath you profess ignorance is laughable.

And don't ever accuse me again of being disingenuous. You are spouting out character attacks and ignorant assessments of mechanics in this thread. I am stating facts that are verifiable.
  4. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

Aside from maybe bloods, aren't most tamers just limited by spawn timers anyways?

This is just a sincere question. I have never played a tamer or watched be for any length of time. This was just the feling I got from various threads in the past.
  5. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

If you can't cap out bloods (be waiting on spawn) you're slow.

But ya... pretty much.
  6. Dalavar

If you stay in one place, sure. When I farm with dragons and nightmare, I gate between shame eg, covetous eg, and fire dread spiders. Speed is super important not just for kill rate but things like being able to kill 2 or 3 elder gazers or spiders, loot them, and go back through my original gate to save regs and mana and time. Also on the efficiency front, defense matters too. Occasionally with dreads or balrons or whatever, you need to pause for a bit to vet up the pet to get them to peak firebreath. So even the 2.5% resist skill loss matters... And it is very difficult to train resist back up.
  7. AnRobot-

AnRobot- Active Member

It seems a lot of the end game is cashing out platinum, doing events, and buying instance tickets (amibs/lvl 7/holiday scrolls). I hate nAoN stuff. I don't like instances, but I love this server.

If doing all that keeps players here, whatever. It's not trammel enough to drive me away but enough to annoy for sure.

Just happy that staff keep a server up for me to play :)

P.S. I voted 80%!
    Random and BlackEye like this.
  8. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Everything else aside, take a look at the results for this imperfect poll. Overall, there does appear to be a balance between those who would say we on our way to Trammel and those who say we are not. Again, limitations forced those who would vote 0% to vote 10%.

In summary, Chris must be doing something right.
    Gideon Jura and Melochabre like this.
  9. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

You can do this AFK at the cost of very few in-game resources. I would say if anything, it takes time to train resist back up. It is not difficult by any means. I understand your point but felt it needed more context.

I have a tamer thief and have tried training pets but found the time is better spent killing other people's pets and characters to train my dragon's skills.
    Alice Asteroid, Maltman and BlackEye like this.
  10. Dalavar

time = money

Anyhow, I found it hard, I only figured out how to macro it safely once, and never bothered again (internet connectivity problems, for example, are especially painful for this process which takes days and one loss in connection can put you further back than you began). But I guess this is sort of subjective, so if you and others think it's easy then I will just say I'm impressed with your ingenuity and Razor skills.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm not even a programmer and building macros for training dragons/pets while you sleep is easy. Unless you're sloppy, lazy or apathetic, there's almost no risk to retrain while you sleep, if you've got the space.
    AnRobot- and BlackEye like this.
  12. Pork Fried Rice

I got jailed for being so good at Razor a week or so ago. Time may be money, but you can macro while sleeping or at work and earn platinum at the same time. I seriously doubt having 85-90 resist instead of 90-100 resist on a pet is going to impact your gold per hour much at all, but you're more talented at killing NPCs than I am so you'd know better.
  13. English John

English John Active Member

A few points to consider for those that are complaining.

1) You're in the minority.

2) You're not forced to play here.

3) If it's that bad then go elsewhere, why not start up your own server or just take a UOcation from here.

4) Wouldn't it be ironic if the players complaining about trammel on this shard are part of the trammel with 10+ mill plus blessed wearables and houses full of uber rares. (Walk the walk and dump all that shit in the trash)
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

Ps We should all appreciate constructive criticism but the vast majority of what is seen here is plain old whining, evangelical vets preaching the end of the server because “reasons”.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

1) Yes, the wealthy veterans of the shard who came here because of specific principles that are now straying quite far from what we were led to believe, are the minority, now.

2) No shit, which is why so many have left and more will continue to, just like new players coming on board. This is standard for every shard, free or otherwise, I'm fairly certain.

3) Yup

4) Ironic or just telling (irony and hypocrisy are two different things)? Yeah, I've got probably 100m worth of shit or more in that one screenshot I posted of my blessed gear. I've got some fairly rare items in the four houses I own now. None of them are gross looking crystals (yes, I know, subjective) pulled in from eras that are so far removed from Renaissance, it is disturbing. It worries me greatly that it feels like we're a stone's throw from ice white Cu Sidhes, neon plants, custom housing and other ridiculous shit you'll find on UOF.

PS: Anyone sick of "bitching" about this server, can easily employ this great feature:
    [​IMG]

Then proceed to pipe down or add something of value to the conversation other than whining about who cares so much that they feel compelled to complain. Yes, the staff here are great and do a metric shitton of work to make this shard as wonderful as it has been over the years. Their work is actually a direct result of the passionate and vocal community, as well as their own whims and design goals. While players want to jump up and down about how we wouldn't be here without the glorious staff....get this shit...they wouldn't be here without the community that is passionate about the shard or were passionate about what the shard was stated to be so clearly, so long ago. We, the passionate community, are concerned about the future of our pixel home and where it's going. If you want to call it bitching, that's your choice but I consider it vocalization of realistic concerns about the future of the shard I have not only paid to support but worked to support, test, counsel and document for the last three fucking years. Sure, my contributions have waned drastically in the last year but not without personal warrant. I wish the shard the best and hope it either stops fucking things up (subjective) or I force myself to choke down the shit I really detest. I've made myself get over a lot of things and embrace them (ethereals, blessed runebooks, some pretty bright clothing) but there's only so much I can handle before I need to voice my concerns and/or disengage.
    BlackEye and AnRobot- like this.
  15. Pork Fried Rice

Not all valuable items are Trammel. The fact that items are being appraised at 10mil+ for hues and rares on a shard that's just entering year 3 is proof that gold is easily earned here. There's simply not enough risk for the rewards (gold) people have been racking in.
  16. orb

orb Active Member

Maybe Telamon thought the crystals would be a fun rare to put into the server. I do understand it is not era accurate but there are many things on this server that are not era accurate and those have been discussed extensively and many of us do enjoy those inaccuracies. There have been some unfortunate things that I have seen on this server from the new player area created in Ocllo to the increase amount and over abundance of instanced events but it would seem that the staff has created these from concerns (unfounded or not) voiced by the community. I think the creativity is good of Telamon and his staff here in coming up with things to try to keep us entertained and having fun. I think changing certain aspects of his creations is definitely worth looking at. I would hate to see a server where there are no special events (instanced or not) or any other fun and enjoyable aspects. Also I heard mention of people who do go to Telamon and complain about being pked, stolen from, and "griefed." It seems like it would be good to have a nice bold statement about that in notifying players who are going to be playing here of the potential of negative behaviors happening player against player.
    One, Mes and boothby like this.
  17. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yea I don't understand the complaints about era accuracy. I mean, it says right under the name "History Perfected", not "Era Accurate".
    Vishakt, One and Melochabre like this.
  18. AnRobot-

AnRobot- Active Member

I'm not sure people are saying crystals aren't era accurate, but they are bad taste(hurts my eyes). Just my opinion.
  19. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

There's been some comments about it here and there but I was mostly talking about complaints in general and using era accuracy as a defense against something.
  20. Pork Fried Rice

I'm pretty sure other people, including Chris, has justified a change or suggested change by stating it was accurate to the era so it's only natural to have people pulling the rope the opposite way.
    One likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.