If Trammel is the destination, just how far along the path are we?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Plankton, Sep 14, 2015.

Within UO:R, how far along are we to the full-blown, neon blinding Candyland that is Trammel?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2015.
  1. 10%

32 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. 20%

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 30%

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. 40%

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. 60%

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 70%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 80%

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. 90%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. 100%

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@napo I'm sure you would encounter much more non instanced over world pvp and faction action if you guys weren't so exhausting to communicate with, reason with and fight against. Even when a squad is rallied against you guys... You do your best to be as discouraging as possible and defeating the one thing you guys say you are after, PvP. right?! yeah right we know thats bullshit ofherwise we would have seen you in a tournament recently boasting your skills. Right?! Right?! I'm done here.

The shard has come leaps and bounds since it started and the instanced events are nice content that is enjoyable. Do we need to focus on fixing current things and repairing mechanics already in place? Absolutely.
    Kishember likes this.
  2. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Feel free to name a time I've discouraged anyone from pvp. I've been trying to promote a healthy pvp scene and have been calling for civility since the first day I've been here.
    I generally don't show up to tournaments because I don't enjoy 7x purple pot throwing contests, and a lot of the people on the dueling scene have a strong dislike for SL. If I want to duel, I can find 5x duels in house just by asking for them.

I think people who actually attempt to communicate with us will find us more accommodating than people like you would like everyone to believe. When people show up screaming about how we're horrible griefers, that's not really an attempt at communication. It's particularly mind boggling when people we have never interacted with before are the ones doing it, I assume they are just repeating things they've been told by you and others about us.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  3. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Napo I will be around this weekend. Since we are both after the same thing lets do some 3v3s and 4v4s! I doubt I could rally much more than that but if you are game we can get some fights in. I will message you on IRC this weekend.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Calling for civility and demonstrating it are two wildly different things. When there's 8 opponents out in the field, would doubling their numbers provide more consistent and enjoyable fights or would sending ~8 out to engage result in what you're after?

The question is, do you want fights or do you want sweeping victories? If it's the latter, that's the reason you have fewer of the former.

The arena and CTF events are literally the only place on the server that you can be 100% sure your enemy isn't holding double numbers off screen waiting to mop up any potential for good healthy combat.
  5. napo

napo Well-Known Member

No thank you.

There was a period before SL when me and mes were still trying to do things duo where you'd ask us for 2v2s and then show up with more like four and claim that they "weren't with you" even though everyone was attacking us. I really don't find you to be a credible person at all in light of those events. Maybe one of the reasons you find us difficult to communicate with is because we've really no reason to believe anything that comes out of your mouth.

I believe that if there's any place for no holds barred combat, it's factions.
    I would like a group that I can fight my hardest against and not have to hold back, and to be honest com is getting there. If you want organized "fair" pvp maybe CTF is a better fit for you.

I think my calls for civility fall more in the vein of asking people not to hate each other for what happens on the field - not trying to dictate what tactics people use.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Ty for making me laugh. Needed a good one, been a long week.
  7. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    One likes this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Mes and Plankton like this.
  9. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

CANDYLAND?!?
  10. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Necro rez! You win the interwebs!
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I <3 this thread so damned much I got this sumbitch on bookmark!
  12. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

We'd only be heading towards Trammel, in that regard, if the warring rules that people want to establish for their guilds became enforced by game mechanics. Otherwise, UO is a sandbox and if people want to try to come up with certain regulations in their guild wars, they're perfectly able to. Even in Felucca.
    Blaise, Eladrin, ReZon and 2 others like this.
  13. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

This is nowhere near Feluccan uo, if it was we wouldn't have nearly as much crying. Factions had a whole lot more ganking and turrets and tamers on OSI, people simply didn't cry about it so much or so loudly. We need a new group of pvpers, ones that handle defeat as an opportunity to improve, instead of an opportunity to pitch a fit.
  14. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

This thread needs more Drum and Bass....

"The sounds of fel" might end up being a DnB track after all!!! *attempts to keep it on topic* ... *opens UO wav folder*

Erza Scarlet likes this.
  15. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Now, we take your track mindless, and mix it up with the gif of Musician..

Result:
    wylwrk and Mindless like this.
  16. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Closer than yesterday. Further than tomorrow.
    AnRobot- and Mindless like this.
  17. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your UOR subscene (factions) is full of wimps. I don't mean that as sarcasm, I really am sorry! Perhaps, though it might seem difficult, one way to improve the scene is to stop taking part in the negative aspects of it, i.e. stop giving attention to, all the crybabies and complainers. Imagine the trash talk or PVP forum if no one ever bothered to respond to the whiners. Do you think they'd stop whining, eventually? Would they toughen up? Would they leave? Would more people want to join in on the fun once they found out that it wasn't just a bunch of people arguing? I don't know. I just roleplay here.
  18. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

There seems to be more crying about crying (etc) than there is (original) crying. Its like there is a downward spiral of multiplying tears.
    AnRobot- and Blaise like this.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, before Factions ever even got any real traction here, I was already hearing trickles of tears left over from how bad tamers and turreting made factions fucking stupid on OSI.

I'm sure that was just coincidence, though.

Alice hits the nail on the head, truly. If complaints are such a burden to you, why bother engaging them with responses or rebuttals? Don't want it, don't do it, pretty simple really.
    wylwrk likes this.
  20. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Everytime you complain... god kills some treble.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    wylwrk and Bogugh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.