Ill get deleted, but...

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by RevySabre, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

The perfect server would be NO taming, One client, no defensive wrestle, no cap to tactics and no mind blast. Yeah the population would be 1/4th but since everyones on here with 3 accounts for welfare, thats not a big difference =) but it would show up low in the server population website, *sigh* one can dream....

Still cant find a better server... even with these abundant problems =)
  2. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

Yeah this server is the best no doubt. I've tried all of them around now it's still my favorite. We've all got our own vision of perfection, just like my perfect girl is Katherine Zeta Jones in Entrapment. I'll never get to be with her, but I can enjoy someone else instead and occasionally share, with a forlorn sigh, my vision of perfection with my friends. (but if I told my girlfriend "why can't you look more like Kate Zeta?" I would understand if she got offended. ;))
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    AnRobot-, newme, Ragar and 2 others like this.
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol, go start your own server then instead of bashing this one.

Thanks
    newme and Swizzlesticks like this.
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

*googles Katherine Zeta Jones in Entrapment*
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

6. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Care to actually elaborate and explain your suggestion or thought here?

Why shouldn't someone with 100 wrestling gain any defensive benefits?

Why should one specific spell, mind blast, be removed? I think removing recall would make a better impact if you had to pick a spell at random to remove. It sounds like you're just sad that mind blast killed you?

Why should Tactics be the only skill that can go beyond 100 points? Why not magic resist? Why not camping?
    newme and BlackEye like this.
  7. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

Silly PFR.

You dont even need .1 wrestle for defensive wrestling.

Mind blast makes dexxers worthless

You wish recall was removed so you'd have a chance at PKing someone that isnt AFK. SO not so random...... lol

and as for tactics, maybe you got me there.... just want a non LJer to be competent, i suppose.
  8. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

Wow......thank you for that perfect google.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Mind blast sucks if you are a dexxer but it's not a 100% guarantee it will drop one that knows what they are doing. A well timed greater heal potion and a bandage timer already running can usually get a dexer out of trouble, especially if they learn to crowd the target and disrupt as much as possible. I'm no pvp titan but I've been able to survive through those mind blasts before and fight back. Yeah tamers are overpowered, yeah mages are overpowered. Don't fret over it, just adapt. A quick pk, even a dexxer, could rush in on a tamer and kill them before they even know what hit them. Staying on a mage and interrupting casts and forcing them to blow their mana after you survive the mind blast barrage is very possible for a dexxer who knows what they are doing.
    newme likes this.
  10. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

MB HELPS DEXXERS!
    *repeat*
    MB HELPS DEXXERS!

A pvp dexxer, in order to survive dumps, needs some magery as backup. This magery comes at the cost of needing intelligence in your stats so you have mana to CAST those defensive spells like gheal. So, a pvp dexxer has to balance their stats regardless of whether or not MB is in the spellbook.

A mage on the other hand would run 100 str, 100 int, 25 dex, if MB was removed. Leaving their opponents with 10 more hp and 10 more mana to deal with.

TLDR: MB HELPS DEXXERS!
    newme and Basoosh like this.
  11. Pork Fried Rice

You're talking about Anatomy and evaluate creating defense, it is not actually defensive wrestling - but I understand what you're talking about.

I don't wish recall to be removed for that reason. Don't you realize that it would make it harder for me if I couldn't recall? Have you ever heard of a shard called Siege Perilous? No recall was quite successful there. Traveling is too easy on UOR and blessed runebooks (guilty of owning some myself) make it even easier.

As for the AFK PKing comment, get real. My kill list is public and if you really believe a majority of my kills are on AFK people, you're an idiot.

Non-lumberjacks can compete. Need proof? Look at the top PK board. Look at the top PVPer board. Look at the top PVM board.
    newme likes this.
  12. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

My dexxer only takes 12.5 damage from mindblast and his stats would be setup exactly the same mindblast or no mindblast.

I think what most people forget who want to run their dexxers at 100 dex is that you very rarely get two swings in a row on any halfway competent Mage because he's not just going to stand still and take the full brunt of your damage and maximum amount of swings per second. He'll be running around trying to get you hung up on the flora and fauna of whatever area you're fighting in so he can get a spell precasted, then be looking for a stun.

The only time having 100 dex would be of any real use is if your opponent is lagging/has a shitty connection thus allowing you to stay on top of them the whole time or if you're only using him to pvm with.
    newme, Pork Fried Rice and HateCrime like this.
  13. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Eval+anatomy is defensive wrestling fyi. It's called that, because there is no offense. Meaning you're not able to offensively stun someone or offensively punch some to interrupt a spell. It's the literal definition of defensive wrestling.
    Andersonius and Jupiter like this.
  14. Pork Fried Rice

You aren't wrestling for defense. You're using your knowledge of anatomy and judging your opponent's intelligence to have a chance to dodge them.
    newme and Jupiter like this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

16. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You could remove those things, but you'd simply just reveal the next layer of overpowered.

(also why would this thread get deleted? Discussion is always welcomed. People may not agree with your point of view, of course)
    AnRobot- and newme like this.
  17. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I like to run 100 dex because I have been able to get at least two swings in on mages, especially when they stop to cast. I try to make each stop for casting a painful experience for a mage. Then again you have to really pray for no whiffs which happens alot during some fights.
  18. newme

newme Well-Known Member

From my personal experience PFR does go after alive/fully a wake/non-macroing individuals.

Taking recall out. Please never. LOL Real situtations happen that demands a fast exit to a safe place while in game.

No caps to tactics, wow, talk about over powering one play style

If you have tech knowledge or friends that do, my suggestion would be to play here and make your own server.

Since I truly dislike pvp, my perfect world would be the choice to do pvp or pvm on individual characters, but....I would never campaign to have that part of this shard. Why, because when I agreed to play here, I did so with the knowledge that there would be pvp allowed. I also had the knowledge there would be tons of stuff to do within my favorite play styles.

But, thanks for the tread, brought up some interesting opinions.

Westra on IRC/ Marjo in game.:)
    Heretic, Maltman, Kishember and 4 others like this.
  19. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

heart-attack.jpg
    Heart-Attack-iStock_000012879744Small.jpg
    heart-attacks.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
    newme, Heretic, Theodin and 4 others like this.
  20. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

No offense but throwing out defensive wrestling = dexxer wins 100%. Variety and options are a beautiful thing or wed all be equipped with a vanq hally. And even though mindblast is as op as it possibly can, it still prevents dex gimps and mages from capping str and int only
    Animal Control likes this.