Improving our server

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Thelax, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Quick ieeally want to learn more on streaming. Learn how to setup the camera to lay over screen and such
  2. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It's not as difficult as it might sound. StreamLabs OBS does a lot of the hard work for you in terms of giving you access to follower alerts, events, etc. It's also pretty straight forward to add UO, add your Webcam and move it all around. It's all drag and drop pretty much. As you get better at using it you will improve your layout so don't worry about having high production values and all those fancy overlay graphics at first.

I take a more minimalist approach with that stuff, I don't like loading up the screen with banners, graphics, scrolling text, etc -- I try to keep it simple but to each their own.
  3. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Just voted again! We are now 8th place on Xtrrmetop100 and on the first page of uogateway.
    Great work guys.
  4. Tuneful

Tuneful Well-Known Member

Great effort
    Great ideas

Mmm I found this server about a year ago...When I was looking for a server I was really not sure....While I was looking I started seeing some Servers were giving you things if paid RL cash..I hate that,so yeah started seeing something about UO R not being like that so for me that was the biggest pull factor to here

I only PvM I would deff love to stream some of the stuff I get up to tho(Have liked the idea for years and years but always felt it was to complicated for me(I am not very PC savvy)

few things that I think folk leave over
    1.Is house looting..think this is toxic in the game......IDOC camping is fine...

2. Is the way some reds act...as I say I am a Pure PvMer(I had my days as a red 20 years ago)but think rolling thru dungeons 5 deep is overkill...most of you are good players you don't need 5 players to kill one bard or even one tamer....You should try rolling in pairs,put good players with not so good players...I may live a bit longer with just 2 of you after me,I may run a lot..I may run into 2 other blues...I may then think ok is 3 of us against two of you(Bear in mind we are PvMers(with limitied PvP skills/eval/resist so on))...Two reds can still kill 3 PvMers...And get a decent sense of achivment killing the 3 of us....us 3 blues could call 1 more player each so is six of us,Of course you gotta call more then.None of that scenario happens tho if your rolling 5 deep tho……

Yeah I understand is slim pickings at times....but rolling with such numbers will never work....Maybe the diff pvp guild leaders could think about this and think of a way to change things....Maybe if is 4 of you running thru and see a solo blue then just one of you goes for the kill.....As a red be funny to watch a m8 trying to kill a decent blue..your there as back if two more blues show up..then send in two more of your reds.....I don't know is going to be hard but think the GMs of these guilds are smart enough to think of somit

Lol I have gone on enough..
    NCCML, RavenMagi and Earsnot like this.
  5. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I took @wylwrk 's advice and spent the last few hours in Ocllo

I hung out with @Hadrian, chatted & killed a thief with him.
    Bumped into @Goblinchild and talked to him about houses and tried to investigate his mystery brick.
    Saw @Hydrox and got unbanned from his yew house after I got banned my first month or so here attacking a guy who had stolen a boat key from me and unbeknown to me killed himself to lose his "perma grey" status.
    Talked to a new player called Skuzzle who is thinking about leaving another server to play here, went into Ocllo dungeon with him to "spot" him as he farmed as he's saving up to train a Mage, he had made 9k before a PK called Arcanis in a guild called POS turned up and almost killed us - several times.

(Vets - PKing in a newbie dungeon is kinda slimy - EVing all the spawn - really slimy)

Anyway, gave Skuzzle a 20k cheque to help him on his way and went back to fight Arcanis. Almost died some more and bailed.

I agree that more activity from vets in Ocllo (not PK'ing in dungeons though) is beneficial to server growth and the difference between people staying or leaving. I had fun and whole heartedly recommend it.

Edited because auto correct hates Ocllo.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    ReZon, NCCML, Basoosh and 4 others like this.
  6. Tuneful

Tuneful Well-Known Member

ahh nice going
    sounds like a productive few hours..Hope more spend a bit of time in occlo
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

O C L L O :)
    ReZon likes this.
  8. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I spelt it wrong once on my phone and auto correct has ruined me since.

I apologise. Hah
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  9. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

I think the server is ripe for another guild dedicated to helping new players start pvming like PS or TnT!!!!! Both of those guilds aren't really active anymore, with leadership that doesn't play like they use too.

I think it would be cool if the RP community was more active too. Definately helps to round out a server and give greater variety in activities. Very greatfull to see Erza bringing back stormhold.
  10. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

RP is tricky since it seems to rely on the dedication of a few people who manage to energize a bunch of other people. It's a hard thing to sustain. Stormhold hasn't been active in the time I've played on UOR so it's very cool to see Erza bringing it back. I sure do miss @Bayara.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

@Bayara needs to return so the brigands can once again run amok through britannia's dungeons and highways once more!
    The Crooked Warden and Vandalin like this.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Hardmode Hunts
    ReZon and RIN like this.
  13. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member

I could not delete Lion, so I killed a man named 'a crack pipe' about half a dozen times.
    * It made me want to play on this server less.
    ----------
    Although I have worked out all the rules required for "Tramnanigans" the ultimate player vs player experience.
    Tramnanigans, can be played with 2 to 5 players.
    It is a location control, mathematics board game with random elements. The game takes 15 -45 minutes to play.
    (it works in real life, so I don't see how it could fail in UO)

Tramnanigans, coming to stores soon.
    (how soon, not very. Because to put together a board game house would require finding space to place a house.)
    * which doesn't exist, because of you greedy motherfuckers in refresh mode - that don't even play.
    * if you aren't a greedy motherfucker in refresh mode then this portion of the message does not apply to you.
  14. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate more on that story?
    Trying to quit now?
  15. Hadrian

No naming restrictions.

A dude named 'a crack pipe' or a dog named 'a dying whore'.
    I'm not currently sure which is worse. Though both are slow clap worthy.

also see above edit
    #makesosariagreenagain

Why should I care what some asshole names his characters? Youre right, I shouldn't.
    Though, people who want nice things, such as a larger player base, 'could' care if they wanted, which they don't, so that says something.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Vandalin likes this.
  16. Hadrian

I guess the real way to improve the server from a player stand point is:

Play in the way you have fun. It's a game right?
    If something/someone makes the thing you do un-fun, avoid it/them.
  17. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

After one year hiatus, the homepage has been updated. If that isn't neglected again, I predict, we will receive much more players in the future.
    PaddyOBrien, Hadrian and scuba like this.
  18. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Lol Hadrian how much of a house do u need?
  19. Hadrian

One that doesn't require a "you get to place your house here" by the community.
  20. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member

As with all things, there is a cyclical ebb and flow. To me, TnT is very active these days and always looking for good people; inclusive of all levels of players and play styles, despite being Tamer and end-game centric. I won't argue about the "like they used to" part, but I definitely hope to refute the notion that the guild is not dedicated and actively involved with helping players, new and old, and benefiting the shard as a whole on a daily basis. I'll do that with action in game rather than more words here, so for now we'll have to agree to disagree.

Don't forget to idle #UOR-RP and be the change you wish to see!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Thelax and wylwrk like this.