Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me as you have it.

CSV shouldn't matter, you don't need MS excel or whatever to open it. Any text editor can do it and the format is simple and readable by everyone even if you never heard of it before. People just used to opening it in excel.
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I always have troubles when i re log, it seems to track buffs, that already worn off (iE Reactive Armor active, when its actually gone, same with Magic Reflect). Its like that since ive started here 4 years ago, and i doubt that we will see a client sided fix soon ;)
  3. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

He's playing reverse psychology on us!! Get him!
    But seriously, there are many things can be done, never say never!
  4. JimmyTheHand

Here's a couple preview shots of some newly added features for the JMap system.

First up; after a fair bit of tinkering, manual adjustment and general rage. Some familiar shop signs as well as all points of interest, dungeon entrances, moongates, etc. now exist in JMap. In this shot you can also see that the name of the location as well as it's coordinates are shown, two new options are now in as well. Those are toggles for DisplayMarkerName and DisplayMarkerCoords :)
    You may also notice a few golden treasure chests! TMappers, those are for you.

[​IMG]

In this shot (proud of this one), you can see that the highlighted TMap location has a tile "selected", this (assuming I didn't do a bad) is the tile you need to dig at.
    If anyone has wondered "what on earth are the gridlines everywhere? Well, you're probably not a fisher or an 8x8 resource gatherer, that's what those are :)

[​IMG]

Additionally, @Quick has been busy as well, he's sorted out the files for TMap locations and all the various points of interest, as well as built the swanky new system for enabling the groups of markers. Hooray! More customization of lists... Soon™

[​IMG]

Last but certainly not least, @snap dragon your thoughts regarding using party chat to send public markers is a reality. This is a joint effort as well. Between some research, trial and error and assistance of @Quick with something that made my brain hurt, I've also written in the Public Marker system.
    Public markers can be created (or local ones edited to be public), and are automatically sent to all party members. They then show up on their own map and even show who sent them if you RightClick->Edit.

I think that's it for now regarding updates that you care about... we have a little in house testing between ourselves and Telamon to ensure nothing will blow up the internet, but public beta might be juuuuuust around the corner.
    Ahirman likes this.
  5. snap dragon

How are you sending the location information? Is it using chat/guild-chat or some other method of communication that razor uses like in the same way it somehow knows party member map locations and so on (I didn't think client sends that data)
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

It's using the party chat. So, you'll need to be in a party first, and Razor will send the party message that will be interpreted by Razor to add the pin. I don't have any interest in requiring Razor (like UOAM) to have some sort of outside connection to a "map server" to handle this communication.

Razor doesn't know directly where the party member is, but Razor knows 3 things:

1) That you are in a party
    2) Who is in the party with you
    3) Which mobiles (people, animals, mobs) are around you

With Razor knowing that, one can simply loop through the list of party members, if they are in range of you, display them on the map. This is what the old Razor UOPS map stuff does as well and which is why when they leave your range they disappear (as they will on this map too).
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  7. snap dragon

Party members remain on the map even out of range though.
  8. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Ah, right, just realized that. Tells you how much I party with folks.

[​IMG]

This server's version of RunUO supports querying party member locations when they're out of the normal UO range. Notice how when people are in range, they update quicker on the map, but when they're out of the normal range, it updates every second? That's Razor querying the server every second since it can't find your party member in range.

TL;DR: We could add that to this easily.
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  9. snap dragon

As long as can't do it for out of range monsters, non-party-players, or tamed animals seems fine (which I doubt server allows you to do anyway), It's not any "cheat" compared to just using razor now.
  10. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Yep, 100%. In terms of party members, you will see them just like you saw them on UOPS. When your pet(s) are out of range, it will either disappear or just go gray in the "last known position".

To be clear, because people can get a little tinfoil hat-ish, there is no technical way to get any position data on people/mobs/animals/tamed when they are out of range. It's specific to people in a party only.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  11. JimmyTheHand

@snap dragon Yeah as Quick said, it uses party chat to send that marker data.

Razor interprets an OnPartyChat message formatted like so: "New marker: xcoord, ycoord, displayname, extratext"
    When it sees that from party chat, it proceeds to add a pin accordingly.

So technically you could manually type that message and have it work. It's literally reading the party text to do what it's doing :)
  12. snap dragon

Sounds great!
  13. JimmyTheHand

Pat yourself on the head! I hadn't thought of using party messages to do this until you said it.

*gives cookie*
    snap dragon likes this.
  14. snap dragon

Ideas aren't really worth anything without the execution anyway. I just mentioned problems I had using razor map and what I think would fix, since UOAM that runs with the UOR client refuses to work on non english windows I have been forced to use it. Once I saw you can zoom in on your update map I knew it would make group stealthing much better but not be any different than UOAM inthe first place.

I'll accept the cookie though. Wonder how many plat I can get for it on the trade forum.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  15. JimmyTheHand

Well, feel free to continue to suggest ideas. No guarantee they'll all end up in there, but I can guarantee I won't think of everything myself.

JimmyCookies go for min 10plat per.
    Quick and snap dragon like this.
  16. JimmyTheHand

Just a little update for the Mac user(s?) :p

Some discussion with @Labeler about his woes, some tinkering with my Mac VM from mobile dev days *vomit* and some rapid learning about wrapping using Wine/Wineskin/Assorted devilry... and we're at about this:

There are issues not exactly visible in this which I'll continue to work to address, but the final result will be a package like the current UOR site has, a guide on how to tweak and "patch" your existing Mac package and how to drop the new Razor in to your existing package.

If anyone else runs a Mac and wants to join me in hell, feel free to PM on here or IRC :)

NOTE: Lag seen here is a combination of (mostly) Australian connection + Virtual Machine + Video Recording :)
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  17. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Sorry, nothing exciting, just a few little minor things:
    • {followers} and {followersmax} now work. Razor was only picking it up if the server was running AOS+ ruleset even though the data is available UOR+
    • You can enable buff/debuff messages overhead
    • You can use {buffsdebuffs} in the display bar to see the current buffs/debuffs and the remaining time
    [​IMG]
    Leopold, Erza Scarlet and Ahirman like this.
  18. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

TL;DR version:

Please fix followers so that a macro can be written to logout only if followers < n to avoid accidentally abandoning pets. Looks like you may have just done it. ^

Very long version:

I did a quick search and didn't see this request...so apologize if it's already included or possible. It looks like may have just fixed Razor's reporting of # of followers to include pets. Would be really nice to be able to check followers in a macro so that you get warned if followers are >2 to prevent accidentally logging out when you forgot to stable your pets.

Could also incorporate this into other macros (such as house entry) which is typically one of the last things many people do before going AFK for the night.

I suspect many people here drink very heavily and so it would be a nice helpful tool to avoid losing beloved pets. Full wipe, pets dead, even a partial house looting is easily recoverable. But leaving pets out and having them go wild sort of ranks up there with having your main house fall on the scale of discouragement.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  19. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

moved post to the bug thread
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  20. JimmyTheHand

No discoragement to drinking though? :D :D :D ;)

Seriously rhough. Yes this should be possible to macro for now. Theres actually been heaps of bugs Quick has fixed that existed or were introduced by someone prior to him. Theres bound to be more.

Theres also things that technically doesnt seem pissible initially. Tracking a pet on the map was initally one of those things. But where there's a will there's a way.... sometimes.

If anyone has been tracking pets, you've probably noticed this is tied to whether you are able to rename the creature or not. The healthbar of the pet needs to be pulled pror to it enabling for the rest of that characters session or stabling the pet.

So yeah keep asking, everythig is impossible if it's never conceived of!