Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

use a sixtant, then "calibrate" uoam.
    it fixed it for me
    Quick likes this.
  2. Drave

Drave Active Member

Ok. I'll try when I back home. Thanks for the tip!
  3. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

My uoam stopped functioning after upgrading razor as well. I believe it did for @Ahirman also.

We fixed it by reinstalling uoam from uorenaissance site. Run the installer as admin and run the uoam prog itself as admin and xp sp3 compatibility.
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/download

Edit: you don't have to reinstall UOR just download the standalone UOAM installer after uninstalling your current uoam. Also make sure to backup any custom filters or whatnot
    Quick likes this.
  4. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks Dr Satan. I'll do if the tip of the sixtant doesn't work.
    Quick likes this.
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All of the targeting features of Razor, including the ones that have been recently added, also help eliminate skill errors.

Or more blatant... the "Smart Last Target" functionality which won't let me Poison a friend, or the "Block Heal if Target Is Poisoned" checkbox.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

The spent hours with debug programs, window messages and memory spy programs, reading data being exchanged between UOAM and the older version of Razor (that worked) and my version here (that didn't work). Everything was identical. I couldn't see why my version of Razor wasn't work. I saw the UOAM request come in, I saw my version of Razor take that request, and return the X/Y coordinates. I mapped out the data calls, I tried on multiple computers. I admit, on some level I sort of gave up on the issue.

Long story short, @El Horno casually tells me he got it working after he calibrated UOAM.

I think to myself, "What is this UOAM calibration you here speak of and where can I find such wizardry?"

Me after getting a sextant and calibrating in 30 seconds and watching UOAM work with Razor.

[​IMG]

Are you fucking kidding me? All this time. I had no idea this feature existed in UOAM. I just found this out 1-2 days ago, I updated the Wiki. So.. yeah..
    • Go buy a sextant in game and use it
    • In UOAM, click UO->Calibrate
    • Enter your map, longitude and latitude and click OK
    Ahirman and Baler like this.
  7. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Never did that one? :D All our many talks of "Its not possible for it to not be working for you. What about this..."

I was fully aware of that feature as well. Never crossed my mind though, it always worked for me. I didnt think the sextant calibration even worked nowadays :p

Well, back when I used plebMap anyway.

JMap all the way baby.

The big update is so close.... Ive had free time, and during that time; I've been the most ill I've been in years -.-

Banath is up to his old tricks again! *grumbles*

Banath: a Lesser God and the God of Thieves and Pirates. He is also known as the walker in the night, the prankster, and the God of Lost causes and hopeless quests.
    Ahirman likes this.
  8. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

another method to finding the uoam calibrate info on uo ren is. (mostly for those who don't have a sextant or are too lazy to get a sextant)
    [where (in game command)
    Right click the uoam map -> Go To Location...
    Type in the X & Y coordinate from [where
    Click Latitude/Longitude
    Copy the Latitude and Longitude to notepad.
    Cancel out of go to location
    UO -> Calibrate
    Enter the latitude and longitude.

----
    Also run UOAM as admin and it can cycle through each client you put in focus. After calibrated, showing where that character is on that client.
    Quick likes this.
  9. Labeler

new features proposal:

Last gump button hotkey: with this think you can record a simple macro to do last object + last gump (gate from runebook, craft something ect ...) this avoids in complex macros just to repeat some simple action. which can be used in a very general way..

search box in macro tab (just like hotkey)

"stop now" in organizer: it does stop, but if you start organizing again, it will just continue the last one you stopped (this container cannot hold any more items bla bla bla) till it clears the cash & attempted to organize every single item it enlisted. stop now should STOP & clear the cache as well.

"stop now" for restock also ?

new tab in razor: that contains PARTY bars + possible the pets.
    no more bar pulling if you can keep that TAB visible next to the client itself.
  10. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Interesting idea for LastGump -- so it would remember how you opened the gump and what button you clicked? Do have have a pseudo macro that would give an idea how this might work?

Categories do help, but yeah I like the idea of a search like it is in the hotkeys. I'll add that to the list.

Perhaps having a pause and stop button? The pause does what the stop does now, and stop actually stops and clears the cache? Added to list to explore.

That's an interesting idea, let me see what is available data wise when people are in your party.
  11. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I've been playing around with the new feature called "Container Labels" -- essentially taking some of the guessing work out of our pixel hording. We all have a wall of chests, and we try to use items as labels, I thought I could expand on that a bit and make Razor do some of the work.

[​IMG]

You can maintain a list of containers, with custom labels, to (hopefully) help folks keep their houses and such organized. What do you think? Do you think it's something you guys would use?
    RainZ, Hollywood, Labeler and 2 others like this.
  12. Labeler

the gump button should (in my mind) only be "last gump button"
    i would macro:
    "
    last object
    pause
    last gump button
    "
    this could be used to cast a new gate after a fizzle (from a book)
    crafting (tool + item)
    even friending more ppl to a house
    or guilding more ppl to a guild
    its all last object + last gump button

the organizer stop only pauses. it should be renamed pauze, but we could definitely use a true STOP. (including the cache)
    Quick likes this.
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Um yes this would be widely widely used.
    Baler and Quick like this.
  14. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Expanded on the idea a bit -- you can now set specific hues to the label as well.

[​IMG]
    Hollywood and Baler like this.
  15. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

o.....m....g....

This would be amazing for orgo-nerds like myself
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Can the bridge between Razor and the game's built in targeting system be mended?

The game's spell casting hotkey system is favorable but unfortunately Razor's targetting system doesn't mesh well with it.
    Baler likes this.
  17. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Could you explain?
  18. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

One way I know this is true. The client can execute it's built in macro's faster than razor can by ms.
    uo -> command
    razor -> uo -> command

While milliseconds may not sound like a lot. It's HUGE for pvp & those milliseconds add up for non-pvpers.

edit: but that may not be what @wylwrk is referring to.
  19. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

oh ok, didn't realize that.
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It is.

You can target and last target in game or in razor but a hybrid of the two usually gets ... funky.