Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh. No, the map icon would be tied to the rune/rune in book is what I imagine.
    You would move to your POI icon and click the icon, likely then a dropdown for:
    -Recall
    -Gate
    -Set Preferred
    --Always Recall
    --Always Gate
    --Always Ask

"seems same or perhaps slightly more effort to travel. (i suck at geography so i never remember where what poi is) hence i rename my runes accordingly"

Makes me ponder an enhancement for the UI extension of mine (Soon....).
    Essentially a runebook as you suggested, but a third icon that pans the map to the location of the rune.
  2. JimmyTheHand

There is a "not seen" type flag that has shown up in my map work. Saw it when getting pets and party working.
    It can't be related to update range either as the location was functioning, only the name couldn't be pulled.

Hit me up when you're working on it and I'll direct to that code. Likely still there and commented out :)
    *runs off to check*
  3. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Just downloaded this version of razor about a week ago. Loving it.

I came across something last night that may or may not be razor related, so I thought I would post it here for investigation. As far as I can recall this wasnt happening until I upgraded.

I have my bandage self hotkey tied to mouse wheel down. Last night, about 30 to 40 percent of the time when I would apply a bandage, it would basically queue another target self. So when I went to cast, the spell would auto target me. It wouldnt give a message or anything, it would just auto queue invisibly.

I have target queuing turned off.

I did notice that if I slowed down and was very careful to roll the mouse wheel slowly for one "click" for lack of a better word, this wouldnt happen. But if I rolled the wheel, it would queue pretty reliably.

Please tell me this is a razor issue and not just a normal function for the mouse wheel. It's very handy and I dont wanna have to change it lol.
  4. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hmm, that's a new one. I use alt-wheeldown to heal myself via aids all the time with no issues, and use wheelup (target last) and wheeldown (target self) pretty crazy without noticing issues.

I'll play around and see if I can reproduce. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  5. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

I finally switched over on v. 1.5.0.10 and I am very happy I did. Great job on this Quick!

Here are a few observations. And I understand some of this might be too difficult or tedious to code, but I figured I'd mention them:

1. I love the light levels slider. I prefer to play without light filter on, but dungeons are too dark. Ideally the perfect situation would be to allow the "natural" day/night cycles outside, and then a minimum light level inside dungeons, so that they are still dark but not totally black. Telamon adjusted the NoH dungeon in this way, so you could just keep light filter off. Would be nice if you could set a minimum threshold for light levels so that you could still have night time and scary dungeons without having to adjust anything manually.

2. Range check by double click type and by target by type was a great idea as it stops you in many cases from getting the "too far away" message when trying to go through a gate. However, it would be nice to improve it a bit so that you could set these range check distances on a per-macro basis, rather than (I assume) the global range check. As of right now, if you have 2 moongates within 10 tiles of each other (which I believe is most ppl's range check distance) you can still get the "too far away" message.

3. Would be nice to have a "double click by relative location" OR a range check that could be assigned a relative location. This would be useful in house entry macros so you could have one generic macro that worked on all doors. Right now it can be done on single-door houses, but not double doors because sometimes it picks the wrong door. It would also not work if another door were within the global range check (related to my 2nd point).

4. There are some macros people run that they don't really want to assign a hotkey for since they are not run very often, sort of like spell tiles for some spells that are not hotkeyed. It would be nice to have "macro tiles". This could be either on a new tab within razor where, say, 15-20 boxes could be assigned to certain macros.
    Quick likes this.
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

1. If you enable the light filter, and set the light slider to a certain value it should always retain that light level. In your case, sounds like you like having the day/night cycles, but in the dungeon, night is too dark and you'd like to be able to set a minimum light threshold? Seems doable if I'm understanding your request.

2. You are right, at the moment, it's a global setting you can only control manually. That range check is actually is 2 tiles from your position. So in your scenario where you have 2 gates 10 tiles from each other, if you had that option checked, it would only try to find a gate within 2 tiles of your position. I can explore having this being a setting per macro.

3. Hmm, interesting idea. When it comes to macros, I'm always hesitant to make changes as it can open a can of worms. Let me think about this one more.

4. This concept has been brought up, but instead of macros, for spells (ie: a hotkey bar for spells). I've been playing around a little with this idea on and off and wouldn't see a problem adding macros.
    Leopold likes this.
  7. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

1. Yes. So ideally there would be no light filter outside of dungeons/caves/etc and so you would have the unfiltered day/night cycles just like back in the good old days, but inside dungeons rather than being so so dark that you can't really see, it would be dim, about the level that Telamon had the NoH dungeon. It still looks a bit scary but it is also still functional. All this is doable already with the controls you have provided, but it would be a manual operation each time you enter a dungeon.

2. I suspect 2 tiles would probably work for most things. I admit I haven't tested it beyond a few minutes with gates.

3. Not ultra-important and as you pointed out, it could have unintended consequences, plus might not even be possible (it might try to click the tile under the door rather than the door itself or something).

4. I got distracted while writing this. I meant either allow it as a separate tab within Razor or allow some sort of floating window with the tiles. To indicate which tiles do what, you could either allow people to simply add a text label, or if you want to get super fancy, let them assign an image to each tile, so they would sort of look like spell tiles.

Thanks again!
  8. JimmyTheHand

Bars and other assorted goodies are next on my list... as you've seen, the WPF version just needs dropping in to Razor.
    Actually it runs now as is outside of Razor and supports 3 clients from the one app. But as discussed, in to Razor it can go :p

Now that I've stopped bothering about the wider community and am focused soley on UOR, things will come thick and fast.
    Pre-gen map is looking great :)

Some extra fancy things I was thinking of can likely wait as a few people have mentioned the UI stuff now and Ive said "soon" a lot :D
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. JimmyTheHand

Finished up on most of the remaining JMap stuff earlier today.
    Push and subsequent release is pending further thorough testing via killing of many pilgrims, indians and turkeys. Seems solid. No doubt there's one final edge case to frustrate :p

In additional news, I started porting over the UI extension stuff (read: customizable Bars for spells, macros and consumables) in to the JTK for Razor system. Large swathes of code has been wrangled from WPF to WinForms. Hopefully no future 'gotcha' moments will cause rage :)
    This same system should be suitable for all manner of new info/data panels, such as buffs or, well anything really that would be great to have a visual aid for.

As a bonus, with the new setup, I'll be able to release updates and new functionality outside of Razor releases, enabling you End User folks to drop the new JTK content (JMap, JBars, JCoolStuff) in to your existing Razor UO:R CE folder and be up and running with no "backup this, download that, paste in profiles", etc.

:)

Here's a couple shots of the "pregen" map.

Note: Coordinates won't remain there, they're going in to a movable/dockable panel (95% done, held off as it might change with the JBars system being implemented).
    Note2: Circle Border is optional style choice, rectangular remains as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Baler, Ahirman, Leopold and 2 others like this.
  10. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

JBars? Did I miss out on something cool?
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  11. JimmyTheHand

Not yet :)
  12. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

A suggestion: give us a button that we can tick or untick that skips anybody in our friends list when we hit a hotkey for next humanoid target.
    Raajaton likes this.
  13. JimmyTheHand

Just a visual update to cause a little drooling :)

[​IMG]

I suppose I could post the video of the system in full flight... but it's not Razor, so best to wait til it's all hooked up :)
    Which is close, as you can see :)

Recreating the UI for Winforms is most painful, but it's coming along - the "gotcha's" are numerous... :|
    Baler likes this.
  14. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Wow I'm super hyped for whatever this is!!!
    Does it interact or plan to interact with razor? Or is it fully seperate?
    Change art on the fly? Toggle spell icon art/ maybe tree art.
    gah getting ahead of myself. very excited to see what this in it's entirety is.:D
  15. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Would there be a way to implement macros into this?

For example, if I had a custom macro I created, but didn't necessarily have set a hotkey for it I could create a tile and start / stop the macro from that clickable tile?

That would give me a bit of a chub.
  16. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

My understanding is they're only adding QOL in terms of macro support. It's been hush hush but based on how quick words things. Chris doesn't want him adding advanced features to the macro tab. For good reasons.
    But maybe I misunderstood your post.
  17. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Perhaps you misunderstood - I'm not looking for anything we don't have already, and this is totally a QOL feature. Here's an example :

Say I have macro on my battle miner to continuously mine with a gargoyle pickaxe. I have 2 ways in which I can use this macro :

1) I can create a hotkey to initiate the macro, and another hotkey to stop the macro.
    2) I can have the Razor tab open and I can start and stop the macro by hitting Play.

My request is if there could be Tile like the ones in the screenshot which currently has Spells and Skills, but for your macros. Double clicking the tile would initiate the macro, and clicking it again would stop the macro.

This could be useful for macros that are used consistently, but not crucial enough to want to dedicate a hotkey for.

I don't think this would really be an Advanced feature, since setting a hotkey for a macro will always be superior which we can already do today.
  18. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member

I’ve had the privilege of using UO BARS and it is a GAMECHANGER. Really nice work jimbo.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  19. JimmyTheHand

@Raajaton @Baler

Razor, yes.

See that View Custom button?

The land of Macro Buttons my friends :)

Currently the icons are pulled out of the UO muls, so whatever set you're using, it uses.

For custom, or maaaybe all, I could allow any artwork of the correct size. Or just leave it to be text.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Baler likes this.
  20. JimmyTheHand

Doub...le? Single boy! Single! :)
    Baler likes this.