Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Dude .... mah MAN!
  2. dissident

dissident Active Member

A list of a few additions that I think would improve editing/using macros:

- Double clicking on a GumpResponse action will open a dialog to enter the button number (useful for going thru a runebook)

- Getting rid of exception when saying text starting with "-" (hyphen) that is not a known command to Razor (and maybe adding a "-pop-up" command so a macro can get your attention in case you are triple boxing?)

- Adding a "Force different Double Click by type" option, similar to the existing "Force different TargetByType", or make the existing "Force different TargetByType" option to act also on Double Click by Type, Lift by type, etc (all the "by Type" commands)

- Restock agent will check for duplicate entries when adding an item (just like organiser agent does)

- Double clicking on a item in the agent list will open a dialogue to edit the amount (instead of having to click set amount button every time)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Quick likes this.
  3. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Another visual update for you all.

- Bar "Control" icon art finished.
    - Spells up and running.
    - Skills up and running + Art created.
    - Potions up and running + Art created.
    - Scrolls up and running ( no art created as yet ) - Anyone else think I should use the spell icon and overlay a scroll as a 'modifier icon' ? Will likely be far easier to comprehend what the button does.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, quick note: Potions and Scrolls are not currently hooked in to counters, although will be soon enough :)
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Super stoked for this! Great work Jimmy!

I can't wait for this feature - primarily for using the bars for macros :D
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  5. JimmyTheHand

@Raajaton Macros should be simple to implement but last on the list. Pretty close now though.

Likely will just be text for those buttons for now. Or maybe a small selection of icons to choose from possibly :)
  6. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Nice! Can't wait to get my hands on this! :)
    Thank You!
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  7. JimmyTheHand

Ok so I wasn't tired enough, just did Scrolls as well :)

Guess that means... Macros when next free. Oh and bandages work too, art not sorted.
    Oh right, Wands... Wands THEN Macros :D
  8. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Love the updates to Razor so far but there is one thing that bugs me... With 5-8 windows open at a time I like each window to have its own space, difficult when the size of Razor changes based on that menu your in. Please update the menus so they all take up the same amount of vertical space :)

Razor menu1.jpg

Razor menu2.jpg

Razor menu3.jpg
  9. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Odd, General tab should reset the size. isn't going back to the correct length? I haven't experienced that but let me poke around.

However, you point out a challenge I've had since I started this project. UOAssist and then Razor were designed back in the day when all you had was 800x600, so an app you'd access a lot had to take up as little screen space as possible which is why all the options are crammed in a small window.

I've tried my best to maintain the look and feel of the Razor we've all known for years. But as I expanded features, I started running out of room.

With WinForms, my options are somewhat limited as well, so I thought I'd try this "expanding size" feature based on the tab. It wasn't pretty but it was practical and was a quick solution. It would let me provide Razor with additional options, while trying to maintain the original "look and feel". I'd love to consolidate the Options/More Options tabs for example, and I've made slight adjustments to make things feel not so cramped.

Here is Razor Enhanced vs the latest version of this Razor:

[​IMG]

I'm not going to screenshot every tab, but some tabs are full, and some tabs have a lot of empty space. This is what I've tried to avoid by using the expanding windows but I can see how in your use-case that would be super annoying.

I could have an option in the config that would set a static height, which would be the height of the tab the needs the most space. This would, as your last screenshot points out, leaves some blank space. If that's a good option, let me know.

Another option is expanding the size of the Razor window, and spacing out some of the options a bit. I don't know, what do others think?
  10. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Id say find a way to shorten the "more options" and "screen shots" tab just a bit and set a static height. The black space created in the other tabs would be room to play with arrangement or adding more options later.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  11. JimmyTheHand

+20,000

Jimmy the Hand sits on the floor hugging his knees to his chest. He rocks back and forth manically chanting over and over.

"A generic error occurred in GDI+"

Without warning Jimmy's face reddens and the chanting turns aggressive, he is now staring, focused on some invisible entity.

"You'll need to use native calls via P/Invoke!!!"

With a final shrieking wail, Jimmy half rolls, half collapses to the floor. Shuddering and still clutching his knees to his chest you hear a whimper...

"But what about the Mac users..."
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Raajaton and Earsnot like this.
  12. JimmyTheHand

Houses and Camps are now functional in JMap.

[​IMG]

Houses currently using, and possibly will only ever be using the house file available from the UOR site.

Oak map and Ore map almost complete, stupid GDI errors on the icons, makes no sense :) Like most bugs with this ancient tech :p
    Sleep now, dev tomorrow. Huge release is rapidly approaching :)
  13. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Awesome job Jimmy as always! Love the progress updates!
  14. JimmyTheHand

*notices marble patio on the road* I was tired, looks like I missed one adjustment :p
    Baler likes this.
  15. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

Would it be possible to have razor do a borderless fullscreen for UO? Like render it at 1024x768, scaled up to fill the screen like if you had selected full screen in the game options. But without actually changing the screen resolution so you could still alt-tab to your normal resolution desktop and browser or other clients or whatever.
  16. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I wonder the same thing. Years ago when starting out, I tried running the game at 1000x800 and used a screen magnifier program to see everything at 1.25x size! It was nice for the game window itself but thing like the paperdoll, health bars, spell icons become much larger then needed. Would be cool if there was a feature to "force game window zoom"???
  17. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

Yeah a zoom on the game window would also be a good way to go about that. Tried with magnifier for a bit but that seemed to introduce more mouse lag, which is already really bad for me.
  18. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Unfortunately those aren't features Razor would be able to enable. Razor itself doesn't modify the client at all, instead of sits between the server and client.

Those features would require changes to the actual client itself since it would be adding new features. Options like zooming, etc, are found on Orion and other 3rd party clients but nothing like that exists in the classic UO client.
  19. dissident

dissident Active Member

In the boat control window, I can't those buttons in UORudder that would let you specify the relative orientation for the boat commands. Is there any way to do it in your version, or is it just missing?

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    fenster likes this.
  20. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

You aren't missing it, the feature isn't there. I can get that added though.
    fenster likes this.