Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That is awesome!
    Lightshade likes this.
  2. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I use UOAM because a better option doesn't exist. UOAM is abandoned and is powered by a wrapper someone wrote so that it would support multi-client. The biggest selling point to UOAM is the ability to run a server (on Linux, for example https://github.com/deadfred-/uoamhub-0.9.1 -- the letter to the UOAM dev here is funny too) to track the locations of folks who connect.

Personally, I don't want to be tracked in every location. I'm fine with it in party situations. I think it's a little known feature in Razor that the UO Positioning System will show you the position of your party members if they're in range. No need to join servers or anything. This give you the value of seeing where your friends are but the privacy when you're doing your own thing.

As @Ahirman mentioned it also updates a lot faster (see gif below). UOAM is essentially pounding Razor/UO with requests for location data, it has to get that data, then update the map it's displaying whereas Razor updates when the position changes.. Push vs. Pull.

I created a new branch on the project for updates to the mapping system. The idea here isn't to replace UOAM, but to have an alternative to UOAM within Razor. Like Razor where all this amazing work was done by Zippy and I'm just tweaking the edges, I'm not looking to re-invent any wheels here. I'm going to piggyback off the work that was done by the great folks of UO Fiddler and see if I can update UOPS to something worth using more.

Functionality that still needs to be added:
    • Read UOAM files to add markers/signs/etc to the map
    • Add icons to the map to track people in party and friends list
    • Tilt the map 45 degrees
    • Higher res map at zoom
    • Mouse-wheel zooming
    • UI improvements, new Razor Map tab
    • Always on top mode
    • Remove border mode
    This is an early look, like I said, it's a separate branch and won't get in the way of when I release the other Razor changes. The old UOPS will remain an option to use as well.

[​IMG]

Also, if you pre-load the map, you can get better performance. It's sort of hard to tell when recording a gif.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Ahirman likes this.
  3. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Obviously still a WIP by a big amount, but folks in your party will now show up in the new UOPS. Sorry for the crappy gif demo.

[​IMG]
    gitchu1000 and Ahirman like this.
  4. Swunk

Swunk Member

Rather than having a macro call itself, would you add a thingy like "CallSelf" or "Restart" to the special constructs? Maybe slightly unnecessary considing you can just have macros call themselves, however it seems to me that just having a construct that would do that exact thing could clean up some folks' macros for sharing and such.

Edit: can we get while and until too *shakes Quick down* what else you got homie
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

I think more added "If" options would be a huge thing, since the current ones forces you to a lot of workarounds in certain cases.

Examples:
    Filling Potion Kegs (sys message wont work, mine is reliant on total weight)
    Fishing / Monster detection in general (reliant on sys message, rather than beeing a scan by itself.

btw, good job :)
  6. Swunk

Swunk Member

Maybe continue like what is in python is more what I think sounds like a good idea.

In razor Continue could jump back to the top of a For loop or if it is not inside of one, then it could jump back to the top of the macro, as if it hit a line that said Play: Macro1 while it was already playing Macro1.

And multi-line comments would be tight. Maybe have some kind wordwrap thing where it looks decent on the macros tab of razor. Rather than having to type something like..

// This is the first line and
    // this is the second line. I
    // really like third lines, but
    // it's hard to get it all on the
    // same line. Thanks for being
    // there for me.
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Hey man got a question about razor. My profile won't save if I restart my computer. You happen to know why?
  8. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Which version are you using? The one from this thread or the Razor from the UO:R package? If it's the one from the package, if you close out of UO and Razor correctly (log out of UO, close it), it should save that data. If you do that, without a reboot, and log back in is your profile data there?

If it is, and if you reboot, and it gone, then something is clearing out your %AppData% folder

The one from this thread saves everything in the same folder as the razor.exe. If you close out correctly it should save.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Rextacy likes this.
  9. Rextacy

Thanks for info I'll try it out later
  10. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Macro idea
    There is an If conditional, could we get a while conditional?

While condition <= #
    While condition >= #
    End While
    Quick likes this.
  11. Rextacy

@Quick it worked thanks alot. Appreciate your words of wisdom haha
    Quick likes this.
  12. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi Quick - I have a feature request. Not sure if I am the only one that would ever want this but maybe there are others. Is it possible to make the light filter such that it only works when underground (i.e. in total darkness) so that we can still have nights everywhere else? This is just a preference/convenience thing because you can always just toggle the light filter off when you get into a dungeon or something. I really like playing with weather and day/night cycles, but I still need to be able to see inside dungeons and casting night sight was always annoying to me on OSI. Or maybe a "toggle light filter" hotkey at least.

On a separate note - it would be really nice to be able to apply a profile change globally across all profiles. Example: I make a nice default profile with my basic hotkeys, then split it out among all my characters. I realize that I don't like my greater heal hotkey so I want to change it, but now I have to change it on every character. Or perhaps my restock agent needs more regs so I have to go in and adjust those for every character (although I think I read somewhere that you are going to disassociate the agents from the profiles, sort of like macros are? If so that will be amazing!).

Thanks!
    Quick likes this.
  13. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I like playing with the filter off as well, lots of nice "ambiance" lights are missed with it. Interesting idea, sort of an auto-light filter. When light is below X, then turn on the light filter, if not leave it off.

I have an outstanding bug to fix the light filter to turn on and off when you check and uncheck. I'll see if this can be put in some place.
    Leopold and Baler like this.
  14. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

This is kind of cool, not sure if folks would want to this do (ignore the button/slider placement, I just stuck it some place to test).

[​IMG]
    Leopold, Ahirman, Baler and 1 other person like this.
  15. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

This is in UOS, minus the set light button(I understand it was for testing). A fantastic start for getting it incorporated into razor.
    Maybe something to this extent?
    [​IMG]
  16. POTHEAD

POTHEAD Active Member

Previous target wold be nice. you set next tartget to your mouse wheel and if you pass the target your trying to set you could go back
  17. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I like that, to test decor in the dark!
  18. Xarathos

Xarathos New Member

Each time you 'Set' a hot key, the list on the left index goes right to the top, it's annoying, it should keep the index, and if it reloads the list on the left, set the index to that previous value.
    Quick likes this.
  19. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

It's incredibly annoying -- I'll have it fixed next version.
  20. Xarathos

Xarathos New Member

*.- When you 'install' this razor to the previous Razor folder (the one that comes with UOR client), settings and macros are not imported.
    It should be easy to check the folder within %APPDATA% for files and prompt the user if they want to import the profile to the new Razor (which keeps the files within program files).
    *.- Keeping the configuration files within program files will always ask people for admin rights upon execution, while the old Razor didn't need them because it stored data on %APPDATA%, some people don't trust granting admin rights to all apps. (And if they do, they shouldn't be so trusting while executing files :) )
    Just my 2 cents here.
    I'll keep posting what I can find and think it's useful.
    Thanks!