INCRATEABLE LOTTO back on!!! Everything Yew heart desires!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Intoxable, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Intoxable

Intoxable Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So I'm not giving names or trying to flame anyone, but I have had a few people reach out in pm and in discord complaining about my lotto not being fair and harassing me about it.

I'm hoping this will clear things up.

1: This game is not designed for one person to buy 50 crates and then go this is not fair, I lost 900k! it's designed for someone to buy one here and one there to enjoy the chance of a 4x your investment return.

2: Now right now I roughly do about 75 chests and 3 of them have 100k checks and 2 of them have rares that fluctuate from large alchemy flasks to clothing bless deeds and one year i did 1st year anni item and that person never reached out which is their right to not do so.

3: ITS CALLED GAMBLING. You don't go into gas stations and complain you lost a 1.00 scratcher, now do you?
    4: No one is forcing you to play this, I don't make a ton of money off it as it is and the times I do there's 50% chance the person reaches out and complains.

5: I'm not a dishonest person, ask anyone who has dealt with me there is always going to be a chance to win, again a "CHANCE" to win not a guarantee.

I had one person tell me every chest should be something, this is not a goody bag grab or a track n field day with participation trophies, its a lotto.

With that being said, I'm going to ignore future messages of complaints, if you have actual helpful criticism id love to hear it or want to thank me then by all means.
    The lotto is going to remain how I have done it and for those genuinely curious. I don't know the current value of 1st level anni wizards hat but I guarantee between that and the money i put as prizes and based off what I do sell, I'm still way behind in profit. I have enough gold in this game I enjoy doing this for others.

Thanks and bless everyone! I hope you're all staying safe out there.
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

It's easy to make it more transparent though.

Total amount of crates per round, no unannounced refills (it screws with the odds) unless it's a new group, more transparency regarding prices, etc

I did run a ticket based lottery here not too long ago and wanted to switch to crates too, as it requires less work and management.. So just a few things that could be possible improved.

Here is roughly what I did to make it as transparent as possible:

http://uorforum.com/threads/stormhold-lottery-round-1.49154/
    Bamboozle likes this.
  3. Intoxable

I don't add new crates until prizes have been won, or I keep them in there and it increases odds of winning, prizes are never removed, switched around or reset. But thank you for the info I will check it out.
  4. Intoxable

Come out and see us, plenty of prizes to win!
  5. Intoxable

NEWLY STOCKED PRIZES AND RARES! COME SEE US

upload_2020-11-20_12-51-34.png
  6. Intoxable

COME ON OUT! LOTS OF PRIZES AND GREAT DEALS ON RARES,CLOTHING BLESS DEEDS AND MORE!!!

upload_2020-12-19_14-58-37.png
  7. Intoxable

Prizes updated
  8. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

Love this, have won, have lost, great idea. We all cry about something on here, sorry it had to be your lotto. Keep on keepin’ on!
    Intoxable likes this.
  9. Joe1986

Joe1986 Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I did it lost like 500k but thats the game and the chance u take when u play love it keep it going and dont mind the bad apples lol well not sure what lost its been a little bit might not have been 500k but like the risk
  10. Intoxable

PRIZES UPDATED!
  11. Intoxable

Sorry prizes updated, but vendor is now at occolo. Named Bryce
  12. Intoxable