Installing UO:R and Razor on Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by SIRSLY, Jun 19, 2013.

1. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It sounds like you either had installed wine as an alternate user, or there was an OS change in the meantime -- its possible that the wine executables aren't in an exported path so you don't see it as a standard executable, but that seems fairly unlikely.

Have you attempted to run through the guide again? You shouldn't have to; but without more details its going to be hard to get you further than you are now.
  2. Corvalis

Corvalis New Member

I gave up on the wine method due to my newb status with it. I simply installed VM Fusion and WinXP and am up and running much more easily and MUCH more stable than the several log ins I had with wine. Thanks for the response however!
  3. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

It may not be the cheapest, but Parallels is the best option imho. I recently set it up on my mac book air and it was super easy.
  4. torindel

torindel New Member

5. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

On number 5 I got this error message after about 1,5h:

Code:
    Error: Unable to execute port: Can't install wine-devel because conflicting ports are installed: wine
    I already have wine installed, but since I, without success, already tried skipping most steps and just installed UO and razor, I thought I'd try to do all the steps.

I went through the other steps as well after this error and got another one on number 6:

Code:
    --->  Verifying checksums for cmake
    --->  Extracting cmake
    --->  Applying patches to cmake
    --->  Configuring cmake
    --->  Building cmake
    Error: org.macports.build for port cmake returned: command execution failed
    Please see the log file for port cmake for details:
        /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_cmake/cmake/main.log
    Error: Problem while installing cmake
    Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade wine failed

As I said, I have wine from before. Would I need to uninstall it perhaps? I also have In Por Ylem's MAC ported UO version (couldn't we just have it here as well? Just download, put in Apps folder and start play, works like a charm), can the fact that I have UO installed already cause any problems?

Any ideas?

P.S. I've no clue what every step in the guide really does, but are they needed if I already have wine? D.S.
  6. torindel

torindel New Member

Either wine or wine-devel is required, uo should work fine even on ancient wine versions.
    If you got wine installed, just install/download winetricks script if you dont have it yet to help you setup dotnet and do steps i posted in link above
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I had to bootcamp. :/
  8. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping out!

So wine-devel is a certain version of wine?

About wine tricks, I tried installing/updating it but that produced the second error message I wrote. I'm wodering if my wine perhaps have been messed up because of the wine-devel update which went on for 1,5h. Can/Should I remove that which got updated? Or does it not matter?
  9. torindel

torindel New Member

wine-devel is unversioned (you get date of downloading/snapshoting instead), live developement version of wine, so it might be buggy, unstable, etc - but otherwise is normal wine. You use can use either one, but you cant install both at the same time. You dont have to update/change it if it works.
    About your error message, you got more things messed up with either macports or devel tools or current cmake doesnt like compiling on mac.
    As for getting/updating winetricks its shell script so you could just download/run it if you dont want to fix problems with your install. (I would leave your current wine as is, if it works, and just get new winetricks script - install rest of stuff as in guide)
  10. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Thanks alot!

So, just to be sure, I should just skip the first steps and go straight for number 6?
  11. smiley_virus

smiley_virus New Member

Everytime I attempt to run razor in terminal I receive this message:
    "wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET 2.0 applications."

No were in the instructions do they mention installing mono, is there a fix for this particular issue? Thank you.
  12. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

First of all, thank you very much for this tutorial.
    I did all the steps successful, but when I try the last one to open Razor.exe, this error comes up:

[​IMG]

Any ideas? :(
  13. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

This all works perfectly until I do "winetricks corefonts" and then I get:

My-Mac-mini:~ me$ winetricks corefonts
    /opt/local/bin/winetricks: line 148: /sw/sbin/mktemp: Bad CPU type in executable
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/apps: Permission denied
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/benchmarks: Permission denied
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/dlls: Permission denied
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/fonts: Permission denied
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/games: Permission denied
    mkdir: /w.me.17689/metadata/settings: Permission denied
    /opt/local/bin/winetricks: line 2281: /early_wine.err.txt: Permission denied
    cat: /early_wine.err.txt: No such file or directory
    ------------------------------------------------------
    wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string, error message ""
    ------------------------------------------------------​

Any ideas? My Terminal skilz are much depleted these days. I do wonder if this could be because I installed the latest OSX the other day, El Capitan, 10.11.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  14. Kishember

Kishember Active Member

I only just discovered this thread. The fact that UO can be run on a Mac was something of a revolution and was why I was able to join UO:R. Still not able to access the game since I got OS X 10.11, El Capitan, waiting for a fix. But I am an old and patient UO player, so look forward to returning.
    Vlar likes this.