IRC Connection Guide

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Chris, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

01-13-2017: Around january 10th this year, Adobe released Flash Player version 24.0.0.194, and with it they silently blocked IRC ports 6666, 6667, 6668 and 6669. This causes (mainly) lightirc based flash chats to display the following error message while connecting:

Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.chat4all.org (port 843)

Solution:
    If you operate a website using lightirc flash chat, and you see the above mentioned error, you will need to update the "port" or "params.port" variable/setting of lightirc from 6667 to 7000. You may also have a "policyPort" variable defined, which is probably set to 843. This variable should not be changed.
  2. Nootka

Nootka Member

Hello! I really like to use web version of IRC for contact with people. I installed mIRC client but it does not suit me, too hard in my opinion and a lot of excess. I just want a simple to use IRC as it is in web version. But unfortunately I always encounter same problem when log in. Please do something. I can only connect after a dozen attempts.

Attached Files:

• irc.jpg
      irc.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Currently the only way I've found to connect is via Mibbit. It's sort of a pain but it's the only option until the web version gets fixed.
  4. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Is this guide still valid?

I followed the steps, installed and connected to IRC chat with mIRC but when I join #Renaissance channel it is empty, so are we using another server? or I did something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out, I think I missed the "Select" button after adding server at first try :p
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017