IRC not working for me.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tate Blackheart, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Tate Blackheart

Tate Blackheart Member

I'm not sure if this is the place to bring this up or not so sorry in advance if I am breaking protocol but IRC is an important part of the game to me. I keep getting this message when trying to log into the UOR website IRC Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.chat4all.org (port 843). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me in fixing this.
    Rickbrent likes this.
  2. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

A lot fo folks are getting this now too. I also haven't been able to get on irc from home or work for the past week or so. I am an I.T. guy also, but have not bothered trying to figure it out. I took a quick glance on one of the links and it wanted you to do all sorts of modifying files related to this. (I was like fuck that). It appears to be something related to adobe and their policies/settings so I'm not sure if the irc host can set anything up for that aspect. Others have mentioned using a different irc program like mirc but I haven't looked into that either.

So, in recap, basically my post did absolutely nothing to help you out. Since I answered nothing in my incoherent ramblings I award myself no points and may god have mercy on my soul
  3. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member