IRC Roleplay Channel

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Brekken Roderik, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

@TheWiseFool RP at UOR has both high quality but it lack in quantity and are very loose and random I would say. Those who RP has done that at RP communities at other shards and games and some have also tried it for their first time recently and loved it and had a great time. We are small groups here and there but Sosaria is big and to stumble across each others is not a very big risk really.
    • We are few
    • We do not play the same time as we do not live in the same time zones
    • We have our periods of being more or less active, maybe beacause of IRL issues?
    • We try to make reports of our experiences in the Salty Dog Tavern
    • If we make announcements in the player run events, it is a risk that loads of PK's with dragons will show up and make a bloody mess, which also could be a thrill. But that is the main reason why we had to close down the Sausage Restaurant at midsummer eve, run by Kizama that has been offline for 8 weeks now for another reason
    • We try to login at IRC channel UOR-RP but fewer RP:ers gets logged in there these days for some odd reasons, maybe because no one have typed a single character nor a single word there for weeks except my: Good Evening ;) But I haven't wrote that for a week now as there seems to be no point.
    • No matter which RP-Shard we used to play at, we have the same rules for how RP should be done, those of us that met in game IC. (I was on Europa and ERPA community)
    The Knight Templar is a very small guild and we miss our Guild Master Kizama that steared some activities up. :(

What I think we need to get something running called RP would be some sort of an event together. A place and a time that would suit the majority. It could be a pure RP event or a RP-PvP event or why not just a RP-PvM event? The possibilities are many and the goal is to have a nice and fun evening, no matter what will happen or what we do together. We could maybe have a scenario? Well... I could make a list really... ;) Why not just a traditional arguing about something and a brawl?? I can show my teeth to someone and make a fart... *continues to babble some nonsense* ;)
    Aragorn - OCT likes this.
  2. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

I really avoid IRC because of the main channel drivel, but I'll make an effort to get back in the RP channel when I'm on. Focusing on that chat room always seems to detract from my in game RP experience, but it's a great place to get something started.

I'm always up for anything RP oriented. Rid ocllo of pigs? Let's do it. Buying a bunch of cloth for your tailor? Let's RP it. The player interaction is what I enjoy and exploring new experiences.

If you want something planned, PM me and I'll be there if my schedule permits.
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

*No sell.
    You can find me in game.

I shoot myself in the foot for this I know.
  4. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

@Aragorn - OCT You do not even need to open the bloody main ren channel. Download and install AdiIRC and set the windows next to eachothers. I have PS and UOR-RP opened and I seldom take a peek at the main channel if I am not very bored. PS channel and a private PS channel is a must for us in PS and enough stuff happens there. The trolls in main can be there and troll themselves. ;)
    Aragorn - OCT likes this.