is it good?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by STAVROGIN, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

240 plat per person in... 2-3 hours? +few k gold
    One, The Crooked Warden and BlackEye like this.
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No, it's not good in my opinion. But Telamon explicitly desired to patch out a community event type thing where the whole of UOR got together and had fun, and changed it to an elite system for grouped players. And then, he added means to prevent pvp from other organized groups. Now, 1-2 groups of few people are plat farming like crazy and kill everybody on sight as fast as possible. Oh, and the official reasoning behind it was: Most players didnt 'earn' the plat properly when they came for the 20 plat.

That's just simple facts. Everybody can judge for themselves if this was good or bad for the shard.

Oh and btw, Telamon is also changing the champ system right now. Without any public notice, any discussion, any democratic poll etc. And I am willing to bet that a certain core of 'patch testers' develop it with him. My guess is, more than one of them belongs to the group that did the harrower in the original post.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Radish, Xegugg and TiMi like this.
  3. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Were all of the people with negative points killed off?
  4. BlackEye

They or their pets 'fed' the harrower (life leech).
  5. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

lolol, when the Harrower changes came about I was laughing my ass off all the way to the bank 200+ plat round trips a couple times in a night. Now I have no desire to champ anymore because its too easy - the same stance I have on seasonal events. (Oh yea, less than 30 min to kill a Harrower is everything goes well) My original stance on the Harrower hasnt changed (I was quite happy to get 20 plat per char)..

Xegugg likes this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

How long before all the god damn worthwhile content here is instanced and private?

upload_2016-4-29_7-56-46.jpeg

... anyway, I'm going to go back to spending my entire day hoping I pull one AMIB so I can make 9 plat.

Actually, just thinking about that makes me wanna burn this mutha fucker down.

[​IMG]
  7. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

So nearly a dozen people made the equivalent of nearly three-quarters of a million gold each on one fight?

[​IMG]
    Xegugg, BlackEye and wylwrk like this.
  8. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

No, its not.
  9. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Just trying to understand: before people were 3 boxing almost afk and making a maximum of 60 platinum and it was a problem. Now they are doing it anyways and making up to 240?
    Xegugg and BlackEye like this.
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

that is correct
  11. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

Let's look at the bright side, you Negative Nancys:

With all the excess plat in the system, the cost for it will plummet and I'll finally be able to afford an ethy before crippling arthritis and Alzheimer's sets in.

Silver lining, right guys?

Right?
    :(
    Canis likes this.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

They're not AFK. lol
  13. Heretic

Also, you just MS Tentacles for 72 plat?
    Holy hell.
    BlackEye likes this.
  14. BlackEye

The official version: Now the RIGHT people make the RIGHT amount of money, because they invested SOOOO much time to obtain the skulls.
    Dyne and Xegugg like this.
  15. Heretic

I'm here thinking that finish a champion from start is way, way, [...], waaaaaaay harder for 6, 7, 10 plat whatever than Meteor Swarming tentacles for 72 (!!!). Ok, I know that in order to get there arguably you need all the skulls, buuuut it just feels painfuly wrong, man.
    BlackEye likes this.
  16. Gossow

Gossow Well-Known Member

918 plat - what is the max amount of plat given from the Harrower?

The first Harrower I did on this server we did with 5 players using 8 clients. Each client was given 100 plat each, so individual plat seems to be capped at that.
  17. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

If want the actual arguments....

With that in mind, I think the changes largely worked to curtail the OVERALL platinum drop from harrowers. It is a much higher risk/reward event, often taking place at odd hours due to this high degree of risk.

With that said, the part of this that did not work at all is "The system will need to force players to choose between trying to use more than one account against not getting a reward at all. "

Currently no such hand or choice is forced. There seems to be no reason to NOT bring 3 characters. (and other then ip linked accounts, I don't see any mechanical solution. Any efforts to make the boss so difficult that triple boxing is too hard to attempt will just be figured out because thats how sosarians do things.)
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It's supposed to split 1000 plat between the party but it never seems to add up to 1000. Usually it's between 915-990. The max a single character can receive is 100 so you want to bring enough characters to get the split under 100.

@Blaise the fellow said almost afk and this is certainly the case once you're on the true harrower. Just put your pets on and wait.

If you have any issue with this system you should not hesitate to message telamon directly via forums or irc and tell him. The regular champions are going to be revised into a more trammely fashion soon as Blackeye stated. Once it's in it probably will be harder to remove.
    BlackEye likes this.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad. I guess I almost care.

Spamming Telamon about this isn't going to do you any favors. Good luck though, I'm sure he could really use more people wasting his time so he can forgo actually working on anything.

Cheers.
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yeah, not like the top platinum producing aspect of the game is important or anything.
    Caska VS Trees and BlackEye like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.