is it good?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by STAVROGIN, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

What a lot of these guys aren't telling you is that while you can participate in the champ spawn system, it's not a very good idea if you can't spawn at obscure hours.
    These guys don't spawn at all during the evening because they know they will get raided. If you get raided, a 30 minute spawn can become 2+ hours, and they can steal your skull. If your harrower gets raided, the other group will steal a third or half of your plat.
    If you get raided by people triple boxing tamers and you aren't, you're fucked, and everything you've done will be solely for the benefit of the raiders.

I'm not saying they're cowardly for spawning at obscure hours, it's just common sense and encouraged by the system. This is one of the ways in which the system is flawed (I pointed out as much during the discussions prior to these changes) because it incentivizes behavior from the players that probably ought not to be. It's bad game design.

So while you can participate in the champ spawn system, you better have a really open schedule. If you don't, and have to spawn at times where people are actually online, you'll get fucked.
    This is one of the reasons you see champ spawn guilds/efforts periodically rise, do a few spawns and maybe a single harrower, and then disband. It's too hard and too stupid to try spawning during prime time, and these guilds always collapse under the weight of the constant raids.
    Lightshade and BlackEye like this.
  2. napo

napo Well-Known Member

You're trying to obscure the issue. I know you guys pride yourselves on your funny little point systems or whatever, but the truth is that we figured out how to farm harrowers before you did and we did it better. You guys seem to have thought a lot about how to organize players, but to be honest most of that stuff is just organizational hoops you have to jump through to manage the greed of the players in your group. We never needed that shit, we just split it the easy way. Harrowers are easy, you don't have to reinvent the wheel and you're being disingenuous by pretending that your system is something special. Like I said, it's not about the system, it's about the hours that you can play so that you can avoid the raiding.
    We were rich off plat while you guys were sitting around in IRC whining about how plat prices were too high.

We farmed the shit out of the system, and have been saying it is flawed since before it was even in game. You and your group really have nothing to do with this, other than the fact that you all show up to white knight it because you're currently getting fat off it.
    We're criticizing the system, and have been since before you guys even knew how to profit off of it.
    willie, Kane and Xegugg like this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You lie even when you don't think you're lying.

1. We never complained about plat prices or you guys doing champs (at odd hours btw).
    2. I was running champs well before you ever were.
    3. You can't have it both ways. Either the system is too profitable or not profitable enough. Because people either aren't doing it because it's too insanely awesome or they aren't doing it because it's too much of a pain in the ass. Pick one please.
    Fin likes this.
  4. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I can't speak for the rest of them, but you're right, for me personally it is a time thing. I used to run a champing guild on OSI, and a major goal of mine since I started here 2 years ago has been to start that again, but it takes a substantial amount of time. I am still trying though, and it might happen soon enough... if it wasn't for my slip ups with my houses IDOCing and people stealing my entire reg stash, I might already be there lol... But oh well, thats the name of the game
    Xegugg likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I think it is time for this conversation to come to an end. This post is 5 months old, all of the points have been discussed and the staff has read them all. Fostering more division in the community in the interim will not improve anything.

There are changes coming to the system, there is no ETA on those changes and players are encouraged to enjoy it as it is coded now. When we post our next "Coming Soon" post it will include more details on the proposed changes. Until the time we make that post, there is no point to further drama on the topic.

Players are encouraged to enjoy the champion system on Renaissance. It will always be one of the most effective ways to earn platinum. As with any system it has to evolve over time to achieve balance and perfection.

As staff one of the most common complaints we hear from players is how they face discouragement and difficulty when dealing with the champion system due to the extreme level of conflict that can arise from it. Just because the last part of the process is not as difficult as the other 90%, does not mean the players involved in the complete process do not deserve to be rewarded.

Additionally never discount that people can work together for a common good. Just because you see only 9 people defeat the Harrower does not mean that 20 different people worked to get the skulls but were not available to attend the Harrower summoning.

The goal of the change to this system, as I have stated before, was to resolve the critical issue of Harrower stacking and the account abuse that came along with it. This change was very successful at accomplishing that goal. The amount of platinum gained from each Harrower has decreased by 150-300%

Players can expect details on the changes after the anniversary event.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    STAVROGIN, Mel, Jupiter and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.