Is there a roleplay community here?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Moriarti, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Moriarti

Moriarti New Member

Thanks for the responses and the welcome.

I have a pretty broad definition of role play. I think what qualifies as role play is anytime you’re being true to your character and your surroundings. If you run into two players in the wilderness and you say “Did you see a man in black ride by?” that is role playing. If you say “lol don’t pk me” that obviously is not.

I guess by rp community I mean is there an atmosphere where players accept that they are in this make believe world with their characters or are the majority of players interchangeable with your latest FPS with daft handle and all.
  2. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  3. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My experience has been that most will reciprocate, to the best of their ability. Dependent on the circumstances, of course.
    RIN and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

There are a few interesting rp characters you'll run across every now and then. A colorful thief and llama enthusiast with an awesome handlebar mustache, a magical gnome who opens gates for people in Ocllo and sometimes farts out checks, and a detective who displays his killed thieves bodies in Ocllo with their crotches set alight, known as "Crotchfires" :cool:.
    Moriarti, Hollywood, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  5. Hadrian

PaddyOBrien, RIN and One like this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

7. Hadrian

Ragar and One like this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

9. Hadrian

Jakob, PaddyOBrien, RIN and 1 other person like this.
  10. an angry bride

an angry bride Member

Welcome to the shard!

Party of the Dead [DED] was a guild I started earlier this year with a lot of plans for the RP community. Sadly, some IRL stuff came in waves and I stepped away from the game completely .... until now.

The guild is an undead role playing guild (if you hadn’t guessed) and I do have the requirements in place for joining.

At the end of the day .... if you’re the type of person who’d enjoy playing an evil character and doing evil undead type stuff with your evil undead friends ... we can talk about it and this might be a fit for you!

Back story and a road map is what I’m working on currently and I need to reach out to @Chris as I believe he’s mentioned implementing the latest Halloween dungeon for future use, which is INCREDIBLE!

However, all that said ...... I’d be tickled to have some folks serious and dedicated to the cause to come on board to help gain traction and bounce ideas off one another. I can’t do it alone. That’s what guilds are for, no?

Over the next week, I’ll be getting forum guild access setup and taking steps to get this back on track.

If you or anyone is interested don’t be shy! Folks can PM here.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    DaBucs and PaddyOBrien like this.