Is there a way to create a drop box for public visitors at the front of your house?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hiji Zuru, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to create a 1 way drop box on the footsteps of a house or something like that? This would be open to all public but no one but the owner or friends could take things out.
  2. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

There are many mailboxes on the shard. Look around Paws (Shrine of Spirituality) for examples. People can deposit but only the person with the key (or a lockpicker) can take things out. You can lock down a keyring next to it so that friends of the house can get into it. I like putting a torch on top of the box that people can light once they've deposited something.

It is not secure, since lockpickers can get into it. But it's the best you can do without making a secure container, which would only let friends of the house deposit things.
    Hiji Zuru likes this.
  3. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member

Thanks you Alice Asteroid
  4. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Test it, but pretty sure a secure set to Friends or above, anyone can drop stuff in
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Depends on the type of house. I believe there are certain LOS issues that can allow you to drop stuff into a container, but only allow you to take them out if you are in a certain Z-axis (hint-hint), or next to it behind the "barrier". I don't know if it has been fixed, but I believe something like this was possible.
  6. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

try this setup:

Put a Table wall between a locked down + key locked box.
    This way people can deposit stuff, but they cant take it out since they have to pick the lock for it (which is only possible on 1 tile distance)

Looks like this for example:
    [​IMG]