It is a sad sad day, indeed.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cynic, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

i'm new here, but my .02 since i based my archer/peacer, mace/peacer, fencer/provo/peacer and mace/provo/peacer on cynics guide. There's a satisfaction in my disco/tamer womping bloods for about 2 minutes. then my soul is crushed via boredom. I'll never have leet riches on bard dexxers, but i'm always involved in the fight, and always on guard for PKs. And if I wasn't farming for gold to spend on more and more slayers, i'd be farming for...house deco and cool clothes? meh. Basically, I don't mind the dexxer being second fiddle, I think it's far and away more fun to play, and really the only reason i can stand to PvM at all. (i know this doesn't contribute to the pure dexxer needing a boost discussion)
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No one is debating the fun aspect of the bard dexxer. I find it much more fun than a tamer, just like you.

The point of this thread was twofold:

1. Everyone that knows me is aware that it would be a cold day in hell if I ever made a tamer.

2. Awareness, hopefully at staff level, that slayers really need to drop more often.
  3. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

i'm not debating you, just stating that dexxers are second rate, but made up for in the enjoyment factor. yes slayers should drop far more often, i've got +25 vanqs of all types stocked up for pvp for ages through loot, the best slayer i've looted is a dragon slaying pitchfork :( Slayers should drop more because the people farming the monsters are the ones who benefit from them.
  4. AnRobot-

AnRobot- Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Increase the available loot that falls to a mobs corpse if they are killed by a slayer, almost like slayer weapons increase "luck" and makes a lot more loot generate on corpse. Make it to where the final blow has to be from a slayer weapon. Just a random incoherent thought...