Jimmy's Christmas Promotional Event [ Near 2mil in prizes! ]

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by JimmyTheHand, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well, we have someone setting out to ruin the event to the best of their ability.

Character (poor character, has a twat controlling him!) Player of : AdaM HenrY, you are a douchebag.

I will now be delayed on every single run ensuring that I am not perma.
    I'm sure he's pleased with himself that he got a call out on here too.

-.-
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. JimmyTheHand

First acquisition of the season!

[​IMG]
    Ragar, Rockers, Ouroboros and 2 others like this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Ack! Tybris and Catalin had been warned that a certain menacing rogue had been about some business of stealing holiday greeting cards, but alas there was no siting of the man on the road to Paws. The reason being he had already made himself quite at home in the parlor room of Paws tower! Curse you Jimmy! *shakes fist*

Ouroboros and JimmyTheHand like this.
  4. JimmyTheHand

Quite a comfortable setting at that, I'll be sure to return to enjoy the cozy chairs, literature and feed the dogs a few more ribs.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Tybris Varn

Tybris Varn Member

Catalin and myself paid a visit to Britain where we procured some apparently very strong drink, sadly once we got back to Paws i felt the need to “rest my eyes” for a moment (it was a very long trip) then you come, as silent as a shadow to snatch my dreams away. Santa will be receiving a strongly worded letter about you sir, and your shenanigans SO its Coal for you in your stocking this year.
  6. RMarc69

RMarc69 Well-Known Member

Sounds so much fun. I'm in!
  7. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Great idea, I'm in :D
  8. JimmyTheHand

[​IMG]

Player received a 5k check (what was in the bag) for his taking advantage of Drunk Jimmy :p
    Grats!

Note: In no way sets a precedent to being rewarded for taking advantage of Drunk Me. No means no! :p
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Nice! This will be great entertainmemt for all to watch!
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  10. JimmyTheHand

Jimmy the Hand carefully took another step. He hated this place, Drakes, Wyverns, DRAGONS!

Step by step through the shadows he edged his way through the dungeon Destard.
    Grumbling to himself about "Dragon Lords" he suddenly felt a now familiar sensation across his body, a shiver that he now associated with this urge that had come across him lately, someone with a Christmas Book was nearby.

"Whoa!!" He almost cried out audibly as a massive dragon almost stepped on him. Then he saw it, unaware of his presence this citizen was standing just inside a cave leading deeper in to the dungeon. Another step. No motion from his mark...

Peering inside the backpack he saw that indeed, the sensation was correct again and before he himself knew it, as though the hand of Christmas itself had taken control, the the book was his! Panic suddenly filled his mind as he darted back through the dungeon, Dragons roaring and the now book-less citizen giving chase!

"Ahhhh!" He ran and BAM! An explosion of magical fire engulfed him. Fumbling in his pack he grabbed for one of his scrolls and hurridly uttered the words written on it. A rift appeared and he darted through to the forest on the edge of Occlo, quickly taking shelter beneath a tree.

The citizen followed through but didn't see where Jimmy had gone. Success. Another book!
    "Ouch!" His cloak was still burning, but as he stamped it out he couldn't help but grin. Jimmy then leaned back and opened the book to read it's contents.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Aeris!
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Jupiter, Jakob and Rockers like this.
  11. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Sorry Jimmy, I couldn't resist to snatch your price from @k1w1uk aka Father Christmas. (I took many other things before though, it wasn't my priority)

upload_2018-12-16_22-5-17.png
    JimmyTheHand and Jupiter like this.
  12. JimmyTheHand

Jimmy grinned at the Innkeeper of The Albatross as he turned the pages in his latest acquisition.

"Another book?" The Inkeeper grinned back. Jimmy nodded and sipped his ale.

The steal this time was sudden, the familiar tingle across his body led him within a crowd of vendors and players just east of the Occlo bank in a well known marble shop.
    With a tip of his hat to the good citizen, the Hand of Christmas leaped forward to snatch the book.
    A quick utterance later and Jimmy was gone. He heard the familiar sound of a mage preparing his incantation of explosion, but there was no burning cloak this time.

A clean get away.

Jimmy finished his Ale and smiled at the message scrawled in the book, it reminded him of a tale he once heard about a child fending off thieves. Not this thief though, not today.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Saint Lir!
    trifectafunk likes this.
  13. Jupiter

Jupiter stealth edits his Christmas Greeting card .... seems I'm not the only one who's been left home alone recently.

JimmyTheHand likes this.
  14. JimmyTheHand

Attention Participants!

Please keep an eye out for an upcoming "Steal-A-Thon". This will be an event at a certain place and time, where multiple thieves will help me steal your books.

For anyone not signed up - do so! Only participants will participate! :p
  15. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

My first run in a while... and, oh boy, it was fun!

[​IMG]
  16. JimmyTheHand

I really do enjoy that other thieves have acquired the taste for Christmas Books :)
    Perhaps some of them will be in attendance at the 'Steal-A-Thon' !?

You never know! The Hand of Christmas seemingly infects all thieves!
    Hawkeye and BlackEye like this.
  17. JimmyTheHand

Jimmy the Hand felt that now very familiar sensation run across his body.

"Whoa...." Exclaiming to himself he stopped dead in his tracks on the Britain-Trinsic road.

The sensation was stronger, immensely so, and it continued. Jimmy's body was tingling all over and he was starting to panic, the feeling was only growing and growing!
    He felt like he was about to pass out, stars were forming in his vision, snowflakes morphed in to presents and then back in to stars. He stumbled toward the road side, breathing heavily. His heart was racing and still the sensation increased.

"Bells?" Jimmy thought that he had heard something like this before, but he wasn't sure and his mind was far from focused. The world began to spin, or was it him?

WOOOSH! I large object seemed to fly over him, he didn't see it but he most certainly felt it. The thing must've been inches above his head.

Still the sensation increased, the bells were ringing continuously in his head and the world was shifting in to hues of red, green, white and gold.

"Ho! Ho! Ho!" Echoed across the forest and Jimmy's head felt it was about to explode. A moment before Jimmy would have fallen unconscious he felt a surge of energy, it was massive. The sensation centered in his chest and rushed upward. His vision filled entirely with red and white lights and he felt his head tilt back, face now up to the sky.

Seconds passed before suddenly with a loud pop, the world was normal again. The sensation was there still, but faint, as it had been prior. Still looking up he saw swirling, sparkling energy of red, green, white and gold arcing out like lightning across the sky in all directions. As it did so, tiny little presents of all shapes and sizes fell to the world below, exploding in to snowflakes that melted away.

Jimmy the Hand was stunned. Confused yet again he simply sat on the grass with his legs crossed.

"Well, that was a hell of a thing."

* * *​

Greetings honored event participants!

With the season reaching it's peak and such differences in hours and the excitement of rapidly recalling around to hunt elves, I have missed a LOT of you in game.
    I have a few days now of mostly family events and have enlisted the help of some sneaky rogues to continue to spread Christmas cheer across UO:R.

There will be posts by those that are taking up the mantle when they find the time to do so. They have a version of the character list, with forum names removed and alts not linked to others, for your privacy.
    I'll still be around here and there, as well as after the big day itself.

Rules remain the same. Good luck out there!

If I don't get to personally send you a message, I hope you all have a fantastic holiday period and look forward to stealing your stuff again really soon!

-Jimmy the Hand,
    Nightmaster, The Mockers
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Hawkeye and Jupiter like this.
  18. JimmyTheHand

Noticed no posts as yet, so just thought I should mention there's three "Jimmy's Helpers" that could pop up to take your book so far. Red hat or not, consider any book theft a prize bearing thief :)

Now I shall return to Christmasing in the physical world :)
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  19. Eye Steel

Eye Steel Active Member

“Take these”, said Jimmy the Hand under the cover of night. He discreetly handed me several bags of treasure and a festive red hat.

He continued, “Find them, Lagavulin. Bring me the books, you know which ones. Don’t get killed.”
  20. Jupiter

JimmyTheHand likes this.