Jimmy's Christmas Promotional Event [ Near 2mil in prizes! ]

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by JimmyTheHand, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Raag74

Raag74 Member

Raag_12-27_02.00.jpg I only steal because I've temporarily fallen in with bad company.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  2. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A shame if the participant was to kill you though, such sadness and confusion in receiving no prize!
  3. JimmyTheHand

Attention honoured participants!

I have combined many smaller prizes together, creating bags of superior prizes! Remember to carry your book!

[​IMG]

Other thieves still have other prizes on them, as well as, a finale event as previously mentioned has yet to be planned. With the lack of success in anyone catching a thief bearing a gift, that event is almost a certainty to go ahead.
    Xavant_BR, Jupiter and gitchu1000 like this.
  4. trifectafunk

trifectafunk Well-Known Member

upload_2018-12-27_23-55-36.png

upload_2018-12-27_23-56-7.png

Well I did at least make a poem while waiting to get robbed a 2nd time! :) Merry Christmas All
    Tybris Varn, Jupiter and JimmyTheHand like this.
  5. Tybris Varn

Tybris Varn Member

JimmyTheHand likes this.
  6. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

That dusty grey wizard @Jupiter thought he is safe in the Jhelom tavern with a few dozen eye witnesses?! He was darn wrong!

JupiterBook.jpg

Comissioned by Jimmy the Hand, and equipped with a proper reward in case I should fail, I attempted a sneaky steal in the middle of the crowd... and naturally succeeded.

JupiterBook2.jpg
    JimmyTheHand and Jupiter like this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

wahhhhh? but i had it hidden do well!

lol and you were just a single guard whack away from giving up a prize! haha
    JimmyTheHand and BlackEye like this.
  8. BlackEye

Guards in Jhelom are all bribed. Or why do think mass noob murder can happen right at their pens?
    JimmyTheHand and Jupiter like this.
  9. Rockers

Rockers Active Member
    UO:R Donor

When was that jhelom tavern picture taken? Did you guys drink without me on new years?
    BlackEye likes this.
  10. BlackEye

JimmyTheHand likes this.
  11. JimmyTheHand

Jimmy the Hand wandered aimlessly through the forest. He was still tired from a few private functions he had attended with friends over the past week.
    Although the new days sun seemed to be burning his eyes and his legs barely carrying him each step, he was enjoying the fresh air and the relative calm that nature offered in comparison.

A few moments passed as Jimmy relaxed upon a fallen log, quenching his thirst with a little water before that familiar sensation ran across his body. A Christmas Book was nearby! The sensation tingled on his skin and invigorated him. Up in a flash, Jimmy ducked and weaved as silent as he could manage toward...

"Wait..." He paused in thought. The sensation dwindled as he spied his mark. In the clearing ahead a single warrior fought side by side a nightmarish steed, locked in battle with one of those menacing looking Dark Elves he had heard many tales of in the past weeks. The sensation was there, yet faint.

Jimmy decided to watch and wait.

In due course the warrior and his hellish mount overcame the dreadful creature, alas, the sensation didn't return, instead only fading further.
    Jimmy decided it was time to head to town and pick up a few things anyway and made his way off.

No more than a few minutes after arriving in Occlo, Jimmy saw the rider again, this time through the window of a local provisioner.
    Jimmy stood shadowed under a large oak and peered about, this was a curiosity he'd not previously encountered and felt obliged to observe. Minutes more passed and more abruptly than Jimmy had felt before the sensation suddenly slammed him in the stomach.

WHACK!

His body now coursed with the spirit of Christmas as the rider sped past the great oak toward the bank. Jimmy sprinted after, ducking around a corner and approaching the now motionless pair.

The warrior most assuredly was in possession of a Christmas Book now and Jimmy HAD to have it. He knew this part of town though, eyes were everywhere, so many eyes in fact that Jimmy knew he couldn't remain hidden for long and decided upon a different approach. He struck up a conversation with the bearer of the book.
    It was idle chatter, about this and that, here and there. Before long Jimmy felt the crowd had dismissed his presence as no more than another citizen discussing recent events. Jimmy the Hand uttered a simple phrase, one he felt he had mastered. Alas, he was wrong.

Instead of a large perfectly constructed view obstructing wall, Jimmy winced as a chaotic array of single bricks stacked themselves in a column beside the warrior who was now looking as perplexed as Jimmy himself.

"Something wrong Jimmy?" asked the would-be mark.

"Ahem", Jimmy made a show of turning his little notebook labeled "Spells" the right way up.

The stranger laughed and Jimmy grinned back, feeling a little sheepish. As he paced back and forth conversation returned to normal about him, although many sets of eyes now watched him closely.

Jimmy HAD to have that damned Christmas Book though, he was in the open, everyone was aware of him, even still, he couldn't resist.
    The Hand of Christmas took hold once more and Jimmy cast two spells as fast as his mouth could move.

BAM. BAM.

Two perfectly formed walls erupted out of the ground about him, he was sure he could hear the cries of citizens from beyond them but it didn't matter to him. A third spell was already being mouthed and an extremely new looking Christmas Book was now tucked in to his belt.

Jimmy leaped through the rift so fast that it was pure luck it had even completely formed before he touched it. His legs motored along and a grin spread wide across his face, it felt as though that sensation was almost tearing his skin off as the spirit of Christmas willed him onward around a corner, through a bush and behind a tree that he pressed himself up against.

The sound of hooves pounded behind but Jimmy knew already, this book was his. The rider searched, the dark steed snorted and Jimmy edged away quietly toward the coast heading away from town, still breathing heavily.

Opening the book, Jimmy could only grin as he read the words within.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Smok!
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  12. JimmyTheHand

Greetings honoured participants!

I unfortunately must announce the end of this event. Whilst neither any helper thieves nor myself were caught, last night I ran a JimmyHunt with clues for a few hours via IRC.

All prizes were acquired. New players and Veterans alike discovered me and were rewarded.

I had a blast trying to steal your books, mre fun had last night.

Grats to all who acquired something!
    Hooray to all participants!
    Many thaks to donating players and guilds!
    Happy New Year to all UO:R!

RP write up is pending my imagination creating an explanation for the finale :)
    BlackEye and Jupiter like this.
  13. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Thank you Jimmy!
    Have a merry Christmas!!!
    nice elf katana and deco stuff.
    Captura de Tela 2019-01-12 às 16.22.19.png
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  14. JimmyTheHand

More than welcome! Use it well! Dragon Lords are nothing once you've a slayer weapon in hand!
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  15. Nakor II

Nakor II Member

Jimmy,

Thanks for a great event. Great meeting you last night. Had a blast despite getting coal!! Look forward to next year.

Happy thieving (although not really...)
    JimmyTheHand likes this.