Journal Of Nymeros - Deathly Dreams...

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Curly Sue, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

It was a good breakfast this mourning followed by a pint at Hawkin's Inn. In my merriment I basked in the sunshine of Occlo harbor. After getting my wits about me I quickly fed Rhoy, my trusty steed, and then took a brisk walk about town. Town was incredibly busy this afternoon. I noticed the usual suspects... Mages, warriors, and those pesky thieves poking about the bank courtyard area. I was armed so not to worry. I'll check back around lunch.

Lunch was delicious this afternoon. Mutton on the pit BBQ. MMMMM Mmmmm.. Time for a nap...

4:00 PM... I write to you because as usual, the most dangerous part of my day begins. I'm headed to recruit for the guild. I guess I'll start in Occlo dungeon. Tis where most young men seek of guild and glory.

4:12 PM... I've met a young man eager to join the troop. He seems noble enough. He just needs a bit of guidance. I'll keep track of his progress.

4:15 PM... There is an erie sound of galloping echoing through the cavern. Harrowers perhaps? Brigands? I probably should leave but this young man would be alone. Chances are it's just my imagination.

4:16 PM... I WAS WRONG.... THE RRG ARE COMING.... I MUST MAKE FOR SAFETY... I CAN SEE THE LIGHT... I think I'm ok... STOOOOOOOOOLSS!!!! I'M TRAPP.....AAAaarrrrgggggghhhhhhh......

[​IMG]

I awoke in a healers arms, drenched in sweat.... I may never know what had happened... But somehow i was alive and well.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    BlackEye, Vishakt, Basoosh and 6 others like this.
  2. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Haha brilliant!!!

I was afk until i saw my HP at 50 and i wasn't even armed, but oh well.
    BlackEye, Basoosh and Jupiter like this.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

awesome entry
    Jupiter and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Somehow this ElHorno and the RRG gang seem connected, if so all who belong to PoB beware as you might be tracked by an insider, just a thought. Of course I could be wrong, not like that hasn't happened in the past.

If I'm wrong then it's simply the eons of old age catching up with me, if I'm right then PoB may be compromised.
  5. Curly Sue

We killed a random player in occlo... As we do all the time. Just so happened to be Nymeros who posts on the same thread we do.

Your welcome to speculate... But our efforts are focused elsewhere.

To Nymeros, glad you liked it sir. Was hoping you had an entry in your in game journal i could have used but no luck.

Glad your a good sport. I will change the title if you wish so you can have entry 6 back.

Much love.
    Curly Sue
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I like your postings to be fair, so we can keep this. I usually write things a bit later than they occur as I'd like to think and get in the mood.

Changing the title would be good, as i plan to post more stuff, i can suggest something like "Journal of Nymeros : RRG edition"?
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

It reminded me of the random books and scrolls you'd find around in Ultima 7 where the journal would be written right up until the writer's impending doom.
  8. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

poor Nymeros :(

funny post though, liked
  9. Curly Sue

You got it my man. I'm on my phone now but will have it chaged first thing in the AM.
  10. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Something one should never do is take the word of murderers or thieves, this includes tax men. I will have my minions keep watch on this RRG operation, something is not as it seems.
  11. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

Bravo to everyone involved in this entry.
  12. Alice Asteroid

Classic in-game journal technique. Still done to this day! And we're all better for it.
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

You old, old man, the RRG and I are very much connected in our mutual enjoyment of all things RP. Even the thinnest veil of RP coming from a group of PK's is great imo, which is why I have always supported the activities of the RRG.
    That said, dry looting and horse killing are not my cup of tea, nor is stepping foot inside of occlo newbie dungeon with ill intentions. Those fact salone exclude me from admission into the RRG. I hope my reputation is better then that !
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. Alice Asteroid

Could not agree more.
  15. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

I do enjoy the slight attempt of RP with the fun they have but pking in Occlo is just sad in my view.
    Ninde likes this.
  16. Alice Asteroid

I suppose, in a way, they're doing their part to help young players by showing them what it's like on the outside. Ha ha.
    Jupiter likes this.
  17. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

AFK is a dungeon is a worth a UO life lesson... No, I don't PK. Though, I usually have a pleasant word or two with the red who visits me.
  18. Curly Sue

OP ending and thread title edited per request. Have a good weekend all.. And happy hunting.
    Jupiter and Alice Asteroid like this.
  19. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

I should clarify that if I stayed long enough to have a pleasant word any red who visits me in a dungeon, it is safe to assume that these words are usually exchanged after they have resurrected me post murder.
  20. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

We have some realy nice pks here, they will usualy rezz you and exchange a few words before leaving.

Just the few very dedicated ones like the RRG or PFR for example will never stay for too long becaise its simply not worth the risk of dying.
    So dont get mad if you wont be able to get any response out of certain guys.
    (happened to me at the beginning, i was angry as hell because of the RRG murdering me in front of my own door, and a few times in my Guilds Town ;))